Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robinson to the Jets

Is there any chance we use that pick and another to try to trade for someone that can help this team before the deadline?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2022, 08:51 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Possible silver lining here. Maybe the Australian guys player he was following was J Rob and we won't be here anymore.

Lol

(10-24-2022, 08:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No they havent because most people didnt know like you.  Quote the people that said it.  We all knew you would love this trade.
It’s been posted in other threads….

If the Jags weren’t planning resigning a guy who is coming off an Achilles injury, trading him for anything is a good move.

If JRob had never gotten hurt, this would be an atrocious trade but the fact is that he has the worst possible injury for a running back.

You’re gonna label me a JRob hater no matter what so why bother.

You said "this" thread.  Im the one that brought it up in the other thread

(10-24-2022, 08:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I liked Etienne too and one of the few that loved the pick.  My only hope is Snoop is who we thought he was. I hope he is active Sun. and we give him some short yardage plays to see how he does.

Agreed. If Snoop can be that short yard bruiser for us he could be really useful as we've had so many and 1's which we have made really hard work this year.
It’s also really fun to yell “SNOOOOOOOOOOOP”

(10-24-2022, 08:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Agreed. If Snoop can be that short yard bruiser for us he could be really useful as we've had so many and 1's which we have made really hard work this year.

This is exactly the role I saw for him after his preseason runs. He hits the line full bore.

That's the hope. Would certainly offer us something different to what we had. 

Gonna miss JRob tho

(10-24-2022, 08:51 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Possible silver lining here. Maybe the Australian guys player he was following was J Rob and we won't be here anymore.

Wrong.

Snap quiz:   Who is the RB for the Chiefs?  How many years there?  Bills?  Bucs?  GB?

This is a pass first game.  Adrian Peterson, the Purple Jesus, knows that only too well.  Barry Sanders.  Derrick Henry.  You want to win, you throw.

(10-24-2022, 08:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Agreed. If Snoop can be that short yard bruiser for us he could be really useful as we've had so many and 1's which we have made really hard work this year.
It’s also really fun to yell “SNOOOOOOOOOOOP”

True. But as I said earlier I give it 3 snaps before someone calls him useless!

(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

Wrong.

Snap quiz:   Who is the RB for the Chiefs?  How many years there?  Bills?  Bucs?  GB?

This is a pass first game.  Adrian Peterson, the Purple Jesus, knows that only too well.  Barry Sanders.  Derrick Henry.  You want to win, you throw.

Awww shucks

(10-24-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is there any chance we use that pick and another to try to trade for someone that can help this team before the deadline?
Yeah. They'll package Josh Allen and a pair of 6th RD picks to the Saints for Michael Thomas.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-24-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is there any chance we use that pick and another to try to trade for someone that can help this team before the deadline?

Being honest, a 6th rounder is unlikely to be a starter or quality depth. May help you move up on draft day in the late 3rd/4th round but I agree, would rather see it used to bring in someone now that will improve us.

(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s also really fun to yell “SNOOOOOOOOOOOP”

Oh likely less than 3 lol

(10-24-2022, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: True. But as I said earlier I give it 3 snaps before someone calls him useless!
Oh likely less than 3 lol

Lol, also true! Thought I may have been too generous

(10-24-2022, 09:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Being honest, a 6th rounder is unlikely to be a starter or quality depth. May help you move up on draft day in the late 3rd/4th round but I agree, would rather see it used to bring in someone now that will improve us.

I said that pick and another.  id give that 6th and a 3d for a guy like Daron Payne that can help us now and the future

(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s also really fun to yell “SNOOOOOOOOOOOP”

He's going to get torn apart when he fumbles for the first time.

(10-24-2022, 09:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
Yeah. They'll package Josh Allen and a pair of 6th RD picks to the Saints for Michael Thomas.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Josh Allen for Scary Terry

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 09:07 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-24-2022, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 09:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Being honest, a 6th rounder is unlikely to be a starter or quality depth. May help you move up on draft day in the late 3rd/4th round but I agree, would rather see it used to bring in someone now that will improve us.

I said that pick and another.  id give that 6th and a 3d for a guy like Daron Payne that can help us now and the future

Sorry I agree that we should package it with another pick. You can get some good players for pretty reasonable deals right now. Just need a GM that's on it.

(10-24-2022, 09:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: True. But as I said earlier I give it 3 snaps before someone calls him useless!

He's going to get torn apart when he fumbles for the first time.

Lol yep! What clown picked up this guy?! 

Why'd we trade Robinson?!

The writing was on the wall with the lack of playing time. If they made their minds up on not resigning him as a RFA then trade him for what you can get.

We were 2-5 with James Robinson.

Quote:The Jets will send a 2023 conditional sixth-round pick to the Jaguars, which becomes a fifth-rounder if Robinson rushes for 600 yards this season, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. He already has 340 yards.

So basically he is on the field for most the season, even if he is meh. He will net a 5th rounder.

Question is do they like Michael Carter or not? 

Basically if J-Rob going to a time share/lead role, or just be the back up to Carter.

I look forward to Robinson rushing for 150+ yards against us on national tv

(10-24-2022, 09:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I look forward to Robinson rushing for 150+ yards against us on national tv

Traitor. 

Tongue