Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
City Council Unanimously approves Amphitheater/Practice Fields

[Image: CZ5vZVQWEAQyb3-.png]

[Image: CZ5vYDjWEAAbvH4.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:[Image: tempPOPULOUS_Jaguars_V3_FINAL-V3--nfl_me...height=720]

[Image: tempPOPULOUS_Jaguars_V1_FINAL-V3--nfl_me...height=720]

The last picture in your post is kinda confusing me. What is that structure in the middle of the shot, just to the left of the "tower". I think I see the back of the scoreboards, but is the rest of that supposed to be the stadium?

Any ideas?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The last picture in your post is kinda confusing me. What is that structure in the middle of the shot, just to the left of the "tower". I think I see the back of the scoreboards, but is the rest of that supposed to be the stadium?

Any ideas?

Yeah the structure connects to the south end zone.

[Image: tempPOPULOUS_Jaguars_V2_NO_ROOF_FINAL-V2...0_1024.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A roof that big, why not just put it over the stadium? 

Spiffy
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Yeah the structure connects to the south end zone.

I saw that connection, and I really like the above photo, but what is the curved section above the connection point?

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:A roof that big, why not just put it over the stadium? 

In due time

Everything looks great

Quote:I saw that connection, and I really like the above photo, but what is the curved section above the connection point?

I see what you mean. If you watch the State of the Franchise video, they show the same rendering I posted but the part you are alluding to is gone. Maybe, it was just a mess up with the drawing?

If we can get those damn shipyard plans going, coupled with this and that render of the vision they have for the actual stadium in the future, this city will be freaking rocking.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:If we can get those damn shipyard plans going, coupled with this and that render of the vision they have for the actual stadium in the future, this city will be freaking rocking.

My only concern is that this fancy location attracts the same crowd that makes a lot of people avoid Jax Beach as it is.

Khan said this project will take a year and a half, so it probably won't be done till the start of the 2017 season.

Quote:I see what you mean. If you watch the State of the Franchise video, they show the same rendering I posted but the part you are alluding to is gone. Maybe, it was just a mess up with the drawing?

Yeah. the more I look at it, the more I think you're right. Just seems like a glitch in the rendering.

Quote:Khan said this project will take a year and a half, so it probably won't be done till the start of the 2017 season.

So no concerts at the beginning of this season? Dang it. I knew it was too good to be true

What gets me about this is the way it overwhelms the old tent structures across the street at Metropolitan Park.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 04:34 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:What gets me about this is the way it overwhelms the old tent structures across the street at Metropolitan Park.

Yup, Met Park is dead. Would love to see AquaJax pull off their aquarium in that spot with Shad filling in the Shipyards with his plan.

[Image: jaxaquarium1_story2.jpg]

Quote:Yup, Met Park is dead. Would love to see AquaJax pull off their aquarium in that spot with Shad filling in the Shipyards with his plan.

[Image: jaxaquarium1_story2.jpg]
THAT would be SWEET!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I saw that connection, and I really like the above photo, but what is the curved section above the connection point?
[Image: tempPOPULOUS_Jaguars_V1_FINAL-V3--nfl_me...height=720]

This view looking north as Lamping was describing in the presentation, shows in the foreground a Phase 2 overhead walkway across Bay Street to the south to Metro Park.  I see what you are looking at in the rendering of what appears to be a open air roof above the entire stadium bowl.  No one has mentioned it but I am speculating that is what it is. It is not a rendering error, you can clearly see an open sided roof above the stadium.

Quote:[Image: tempPOPULOUS_Jaguars_V1_FINAL-V3--nfl_me...height=720]

This view looking north as Lamping was describing in the presentation, shows in the foreground a Phase 2 overhead walkway across Bay Street to the south to Metro Park.  I see what you are looking at in the rendering of what appears to be a open air roof above the entire stadium bowl.  No one has mentioned it but I am speculating that is what it is. It is not a rendering error, you can clearly see an open sided roof above the stadium.

The is another rendering of this photo in the video and that part is gone.

Quote:Yeah the structure connects to the south end zone.

This picture is interesting to me.  While it looks cool, here's something to think about.  Say it happens to be raining.  It looks like an awful lot of water would be draining/pouring into the south endzone of the stadium.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.