Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
City Council Unanimously approves Amphitheater/Practice Fields

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 11:17 PM by Bullseye.)

According to first coast news.

www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2015/12/08/everbank-field-vote/76995392/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

chaaammpiiooonnshhiippp

Boom!

Awesome news

I can't wait to see the changes come to fruition.

There have been times going to the stadium made me feel like a kid at Christmas.

That first ever preseason game.

Seeing the south end zone improvements.

The new video boards.

Now this.

Good news for those of us invested in this city. Our businesses and properties increase in value and we get some nice venues in the process.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Hopefully they will have another Khanstruction cam. I was addicted during scoreboard build.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Curious that he removed the practice facility from the Shipyards development proposal.

Is this a sign he thinks the new practice facility will help this team be more competitive sooner, or is there concern the Shipyards could take longer to get started?

I wonder what will replace the practice fields in the Shipyards project.

So Khan is forking out 45 million?

The other wildcard in this proposal is the new amphitheater essentially will replace the current Metropolitan Park amphitheater.  Does this mean the Metropolitan Park site will be demolished and added to the Shipyards Development, or will it be kept as a City park?  City leaders have already said the current stage and awning roof is approaching an unsafe condition and will not be repaired or replaced due to noise concerns from residents on the south side of the river.

Exciting times indeed.

something something London

Shipyards are dead, no? I'm asking because I don't know

Quote:Shipyards are dead, no? I'm asking because I don't know

Shipyards is a much bigger project that requires much more red tape for approval. Also remember the Mayor and his staff just changed, so who knows if they are on board or want to go a different route. Khan has said he still wants to develop the shipyards, but the timeline is looking much longer. He wants a practice field ASAP, and this proposal will get it done by next year. 

Quote:So Khan is forking out 45 million?
Yes.

Quote:Shipyards is a much bigger project that requires much more red tape for approval. Also remember the Mayor and his staff just changed, so who knows if they are on board or want to go a different route. Khan has said he still wants to develop the shipyards, but the timeline is looking much longer. He wants a practice field ASAP, and this proposal will get it done by next year. 
They will break ground in early January after the season is over, and it is slated for completion in July.

Is there any funding for a new coach?

Quote:Is there any funding for a new coach?
Funny you would mention this in this thread.

Having a state of the art indoor practice facility would make this job even more enticing for a top notch head coaching candidate, I would think.

Quote:Funny you would mention this in this thread.

Having a state of the art indoor practice facility would make this job even more enticing for a top notch head coaching candidate, I would think.

Didn't think of that.. Good point..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Funny you would mention this in this thread.

Quote:Didn't think of that.. Good point..

I agree, good point. I'm glad someone is doing the thinking around here.

Quote:Shipyards are dead, no? I'm asking because I don't know
This is interesting to me. Cause he was talking about shipyards years ago, and yet it hasn't happened. But he wants upgrades to stadium and whamo, now they are here. I know this will not be the popular opinion, but I don't like J-Ville giving out 90 million (even tho Khan matching half is good), when multiple other cities are no longer funding this stuff. Good for Jags to stay in J-ville, but I am not so sure about it being good for the citizens.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.