Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beachum

Quote:  On the surface,  I certainly can understand and respect why you and many Jaguars fans would be concerned about what transpired today.    Knowing the amount of experience is in the Jaguars brain trust,  I truly believe they have a thought out plan,  based on what they consider viable contingencies.

One possibility is signing UFA LT Matt Kalil if he hits the open market.  Kalil never came close to his rookie season in terms of performance but when healthy has plenty of talent.

I'm not a fan of Kalil. I think he's slightly worse than Beachum.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Someone asked you in the Franchise Tag thread what your opinion is about signing Riley Reiff to replace Jermey Parnell.

I haven't seen that thread yet. I think Riley Reiff would be an upgrade. 

Quote:I'm not a fan of Kalil. I think he's slightly worse than Beachum.

If by slightly, you mean obviously, then you are correct.

Quote:  I think there will be enough fall back plans in case preferred option 1 and 2 don't work out.  One possibility if the top options don't work out might be for the Jaguars to sign Riley Reiff,  who was an average LT before moving to RT in 2016,  draft a developmental LT,  and in the future when the developmental LT is ready,  move Reiff to RT.
I'm just not a fan of possibly downgrading at LT, when at the very least, you already had a very solid and serviceable LT in the building in Beachum.

It's also possible that the medical staff put some big red flags on Beachum's knee, after the season ended. He did say that he was battling a lot of pain throughout the 2nd half of the season and that he had to go into a deep and dark place in his own mind at times. Just so he could go out and play the games each week.

Who knows, but it will definitely be interesting to see what comes from all of this, over the next couple months.

Quote:He's their #1 priority (it should be Zeitler but it isn't) and he wants to stay there. It's a pipe dream. 

Being that the Bengals invested heavily at Offensive Tackle in the 2015 Draft,  I'm far from certain that he's going to re-sign with them before the start of the FA period. 

The reaction you guys are having is only necessary in March and up to 8th. If the 9th comes and nothing is indicated as a better option or no deal made then I completely understand the reactions. Until then.....just keep scrolling

Quote:  I think there will be enough fall back plans in case preferred option 1 and 2 don't work out.  One possibility if the top options don't work out might be for the Jaguars to sign Riley Reiff,  who was an average LT before moving to RT in 2016,  draft a developmental LT,  and in the future when the developmental LT is ready,  move Reiff to RT.

I am definitely not a fan of Reilly Reiff. To me, that is a big downgrade. 

Quote:I'm not a fan of Kalil. I think he's slightly worse than Beachum.

I won't disagree because Matt Kalil was very inconsistent for most of the previous 3 seasons prior to him missing the vast majority of the 2016 season.

Having said that,  it wouldn't surprise me if Kalil is on the Jags radar screen.

Lol Let Beachum walk but resign Chad Henne 

Whats the point, we have them money even if we want to resign him for a lesser deal, its a weak draft for LT's, somebody else might offer him more.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I'm just not a fan of possibly downgrading at LT, when at the very least, you already had a very solid and serviceable LT in the building in Beachum.

It's also possible that the medical staff put some big red flags on Beachum's knee, after the season ended. He did say that he was battling a lot of pain throughout the 2nd half of the season and that he had to go into a deep and dark place in his own mind at times. Just so he could go out and play the games each week.

Who knows, but it will definitely be interesting to see what comes from all of this, over the next couple months.

The knee factor could easily have played a major role in the decision.  How other teams view Kelvin Beachum from a medical perspective will probably be the # 1 factor that determines his market value.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 10:54 PM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Whitworth isn't going anywhere let's be real.

Don't be so sure. The Bengals drafted 2 OT's recently and they played a lot on the O-Line, despite struggling. Whitworth was even kicked inside to OG on occasions and the rookies played OT, to the dismay of many of my friends (who are Bengals' fans.) Cincinnati wants to get younger and I can see them letting Whitworth walk. 

pff sure didnt like him

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ran...is-season/

Quote:The play of Kelvin Beachum was a massive disappointment, given what he has shown in the past. Beachum was poor as both a pass blocker and in the run game, and surrendered 49 total QB pressures on the year

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bes...l-week-15/

Quote:The addition of Kelvin Beachum in Jacksonville hasn’t gone quite as expected this season, with the tackle earning just the 63rd-best grade (43.9) at his position — far from his 85.6 mark in 2014.

Quote:I haven't seen that thread yet. I think Riley Reiff would be an upgrade. 

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to...ee-agents/

Quote:I'm guessing they have a lesser deal they're working with him on.
People keep saying this, but why would he agree to a lesser deal without testing the market? He isnt an older player and its a weak FA LT class and draft, Beachum would have to really love it hear and all the people to do that.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

L-Bow to the rescue??

[Image: usa-today-8355432.0.jpg]

Guys this is really no surprise. Beachum was injured when we picked him up and was put on a safe deal. He wasn't setting the world on fire. If we're being honest with ourselves, he was just a guy.

Pittsburgh wouldn't let a great LT walk. So we took a chance and it didn't backfire however we need to upgrade LT.

Let's face it, our run game is terrible and outside of Brandon Linder everyone is just a guy right now.

Coughlin has 2 rings if anybody is starting to have doubt. There really is no surprise here to be honest.

Cam Robinson is a real candidate in round 2 if he's there.

Quote:Guys this is really no surprise. Beachum was injured when we picked him up and was put on a safe deal. He wasn't setting the world on fire. If we're being honest with ourselves, he was just a guy.

Pittsburgh wouldn't let a great LT walk. So we took a chance and it didn't backfire however we need to upgrade LT.

Let's face it, our run game is terrible and outside of Brandon Linder everyone is just a guy right now.

Coughlin has 2 rings if anybody is starting to have doubt. There really is no surprise here to be honest.

None of them came with his tenure in Jacksonville.

Quote:Cam Robinson is a real candidate in round 2 if he's there.

That is extremely doubtful. I think he could go as high as #8 to Carolina.

Quote:Guys this is really no surprise. Beachum was injured when we picked him up and was put on a safe deal. He wasn't setting the world on fire. If we're being honest with ourselves, he was just a guy.

Pittsburgh let an injured player walk. You might want to do some research because many teams decide not to keep very good players who have major injuries.

It is no surprise to the minority. Most of us expected Tom Coughlin to exercise Kelvin Beachum's option.