Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA News

Will the Jaguars now make a move for a free agent cornerback, guard or edge rusher? The cornerback room could definitely be upgraded despite the high hopes for Jarian Jones. Would it be worth paying Howard? If they have the money and playoff aspirations, I'd like to see that happen. If they don't go cornerback, there are several experienced edge rushers who would be less expensive, but could still help the defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2024, 11:19 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Will the Jaguars now make a move for a free agent cornerback, guard or edge rusher? The cornerback room could definitely be upgraded despite the high hopes for Jarian Jones. Would it be worth paying Howard? If they have the money and playoff aspirations, I'd like to see that happen. If they don't go cornerback, there are several experienced edge rushers who would be less expensive, but could still help the defense.
They definitely need to add an edge, no doubt about it. As far as Howard, he would help the team but with all the recent acquisitions, I just don’t see them doing it.

(04-30-2024, 11:19 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Will the Jaguars now make a move for a free agent cornerback, guard or edge rusher? The cornerback room could definitely be upgraded despite the high hopes for Jarian Jones. Would it be worth paying Howard? If they have the money and playoff aspirations, I'd like to see that happen. If they don't go cornerback, there are several experienced edge rushers who would be less expensive, but could still help the defense.

Howard hasn't been good the last couple years, is in the decline, and about to be 31.  I highly doubt we go that route.   If anything I could see us trading for Marshon Lattimore if we want another corner.

Dalton Risner is on the market again. Why not make a bid for him?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-30-2024, 11:11 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:59 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: One bonus to Jenkins, his sheer strength will be funny against fortner in training camp. Might make Doug realise

Do you really truly think that Doug, with all his football knowledge both playing and coaching in the league for decades, and after having a new center signed to replace Fortner, doesn’t realize his deficiencies? And that some board poster knows more. 

The Doug comment was purely tongue in cheek, because of what everyone has moaned about draft wise all weekend,

(04-30-2024, 11:47 AM)mikesez Wrote: Dalton Risner is on the market again. Why not make a bid for him?

At some point don't we have to ask, as with Yannick, WHY is he on the market AGAIN?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-30-2024, 11:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Howard hasn't been good the last couple years, is in the decline, and about to be 31.  I highly doubt we go that route.   If anything I could see us trading for Marshon Lattimore if we want another corner.

Agreed.  Xavien Howard played more like Curly or Moe Howard the last two seasons.  I would be more in favor of Steven Nelson or Cam Sutton on the outside.  Both played more than 1000 snaps in 2023 with 60+ tackles.  Sutton is 29 and Nelson is 31.  Nelson, a former Texan, had 4 INTs last year may be the better fit.

(04-30-2024, 01:20 PM)JaxonJag24 Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 11:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Howard hasn't been good the last couple years, is in the decline, and about to be 31.  I highly doubt we go that route.   If anything I could see us trading for Marshon Lattimore if we want another corner.

Agreed.  Xavien Howard played more like Curly or Moe Howard the last two seasons.  I would be more in favor of Steven Nelson or Cam Sutton on the outside.  Both played more than 1000 snaps in 2023 with 60+ tackles.  Sutton is 29 and Nelson is 31.  Nelson, a former Texan, had 4 INTs last year may be the better fit.

Cam Sutton would be perfect. He needs to be rehabbed. One-year, incentive-laden rental contract.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Anyone else willing to roll the dice on Conner Williams even though he's recovering from an ACL? With Morse our starter for this year...and Fortner the obvious backup...could he also be a backup G/C this season, potential future starting center? I'd gamble on a 2 year contract with him.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-30-2024, 02:32 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Anyone else willing to roll the dice on Conner Williams even though he's recovering from an ACL?  With Morse our starter for this year...and Fortner the obvious backup...could he also be a backup G/C this season, potential future starting center?    I'd gamble on a 2 year contract with him.

I'd sign Conner Williams and Bud Dupree if it were me.  Gives us depth at DE and potential great depth at interior OL if Williams recovers well.

(04-30-2024, 02:34 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 02:32 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Anyone else willing to roll the dice on Conner Williams even though he's recovering from an ACL?  With Morse our starter for this year...and Fortner the obvious backup...could he also be a backup G/C this season, potential future starting center?    I'd gamble on a 2 year contract with him.

I'd sign Conner Williams and Bud Dupree if it were me.  Gives us depth at DE and potential great depth at interior OL if Williams recovers well.

I don't know that Williams is going to recover to his previous levels, and he's always been injury prone. This second ACL tear might be the end of him as anything more than a stop gap, with Louis Riddick having said earlier this year that he thought this one was career-threatening.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-30-2024, 02:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 02:34 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: I'd sign Conner Williams and Bud Dupree if it were me.  Gives us depth at DE and potential great depth at interior OL if Williams recovers well.

I don't know that Williams is going to recover to his previous levels, and he's always been injury prone. This second ACL tear might be the end of him as anything more than a stop gap, with Louis Riddick having said earlier this year that he thought this one was career-threatening.

Didn't have that info.   I'd pass on Conner.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Vet CB incoming after today's cuts? Lots of Xavien Howard talk out there.

(04-30-2024, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Vet CB incoming after today's cuts? Lots of Xavien Howard talk out there.

Could they have sufficiently stocked a new defensive scheme in one offseason?  We're getting there it seems.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 06:30 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-30-2024, 03:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Vet CB incoming after today's cuts? Lots of Xavien Howard talk out there.

Link?

Question
Say tyson has a career year this year under Ryan

Do we extend

(04-30-2024, 11:59 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Question

Do we extend

If he adapts to a man cover scheme well, yes
If there is enough cap to navigate

(04-30-2024, 11:59 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Question

Do we extend

Yes, tagged then extended

(04-30-2024, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/178...9707839613

I could see the Jaguars signing Jacobs at a modest price. He has good experience as a starter and would be competing for a reserve role with the team. Seems to be a very confident guy whose experience would pay off. He's also only 26 so he could stick around for awhile. On the negative side, he did get flagged often for pass interference.