Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 12:32 PM by Kotite.)

I agree with TMD that his faith has no bearing on this discussion.

You admit you are no expert on the subject, yet you have repeated this dark idea of what legalizing/normalizing homosexual relationships can become. If there was a trail of bread crumbs connecting gay sex to any of the possible outcomes proposed, you would have made it. The fact is, it is a lie which has been repeated so many times, some have adopted its validity (much like the London Jaguars talk we all love so much). I have tried to establish a reputation on this board where I am respectful to differing opinions. I have been proven wrong on occasion and own up to it publicly. However, I try to root my opinions in facts. There is no agenda. You are stating an opinion which you cannot support with a single fact. Just a boogeyman prophecy. You may want to re-read that post on cognitive dissonance and ask yourself if it applies.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 12:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:From what I am told.. It is a "slippery slope."

Hey finally someone is quoting my exact words... I'm in shock. 

Quote:You can tap dance around the fact that you have equated homosexuality to pedophilia all you want, but everyone has read your post!! You're not as clever as you think you are. Saying things like what happens when "these people" get bored with getting off from being gay and then go one to list pedophilia as the next viable option for them, you're calling gay people pedophiles!!

And please don't attempt to cover your use of "these people" as a grammatical error, because you used it in the correct context and we all know what it means, and what you meant by it! You can have whatever idiotic opinions about being gay that you wish, but don't post crap on the message board then not stand behind what you said once you're called out for it!

You have comprehension issues then. Not once did I equate homosexuality to pedophilia. I did say that over time I think homosexuality could evolve into something else, and listed 4 possibilities which included pedophilia, incest, polygamy, and also left it open for others, as well....  It just my opinion based on human nature and humans never being satisfied once something is attained and they become bored and want more/ different - especially in an age/ world that we are in today where the message through mass media/ TV/ commercials/ is all about "self" more than ever before.  

And no I don't subscribe with the way you're lumping in that since I suggest what COULD evolve over time that it means that I am labeling current gay people as pedophiles. But, I get it... its a certain type of argumentative tact. I'm used to it by now. 

Also, just because I have the opinion I do regarding the overall evolution of this and where it could be headed over time, doesn't mean that I broad brush and think that EVERY homosexual is destined to follow this path. I do think that a small number of homosexuals truly are "born that way" and those individuals I sympathize with. Because its genuine. However, I think theres a whole other "new breed" of homosexuals, or actually its more like "bisexuals" now....that simply do it because they get the urge for sex and follow up on that with whoever happens to be convenient at the time. Its also more exciting for them because it still has the "taboo" undertone.  I don't think I can go to a club/ party anymore without seeing 2 girls hooking up. And in most cases, I'm betting they aren't really "lesbians"/ "homosexuals". Look at the example with BigJag57 and his soon to be former wife....sorry, but I don't buy being straight for 30 years/ married/ children/ and then all of a sudden, "hey, I'm a attracted to women now and am a homosexual"....so, thats it, divorce! IMO, she's merely mixed up and pretty much just being selfish at the root of the word. The last 2 examples are the type of people that I am mostly talking about when it comes to the evolution thing. 

Some "theories" are so inherently stupid, they deserve to be called stupid, and the person espousing said "theory" opens himself up to justifiable ridicule. It isn't name calling.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 01:15 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Some "theories" are so inherently stupid, they deserve to be called stupid, and the person espousing said "theory" opens himself up to justifiable ridicule. It isn't name calling.

Thats cool, some of the worlds greatest minds in history were ridiculed at one time for being stupid before some of their theories/ inventions/ hypothesis later played out...but then again... even if everything I suggested might pan out - did actually go on to pan out and things like incest and polygamy becoming accepted/ the norm in later years....there'd always be that sect of people that would simply be in denial about the connection or evolution of behavioral patterns that preceded it. 

Not claiming I am amongst histories great minds, but just sayin' nonetheless. MOB mentality will always berate the voice that isn't in syncopation with the loudest. 

My opinion on this is merely my opinion....and guess what?....it can also change, pending more information/ other variables. 

If it makes the liberals feel better name calling/ hurling insults, then have at it. I really don't care. They do what they do. 

All homosexuals are born that way. I have known several people who follow the heteronormative lifestyle that they have always been guided to lead only to realize that the reason they cannot have a successful hetero relationship is because they are not heterosexual. Gay people have been conditioned to believe that straying from the norm is wrong and suppress or hide who they really are. If you want to look at a demographic that is proving to be bored and pushing the envelope, look at hetero teens. I cannot post what they are doing commonly now which was taboo in my teen years. How you can claim in one post to not be an expert on the subject and propose in the next that there is a "new breed" of homosexual negates any credibility you have on the matter. If there is anything new about young homosexuals today its that they see examples of positive gay representations like Glee and The Fosters as opposed to more stereotypically negative representations like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds. These younger homosexuals have more straight kids who don't want to see them bullied whereas when I was a teen, the gay kids in school hid in the open. I know gay people who have had kids and been in failed marriages trying to move past feelings of self loathing for being different. It is not as uncommon as you think. I would strongly advise you actually spend some time asking actual gay people about their lives instead of relying on the input of people who aren't gay, but agree with everything you think on the subject.

Quote:Thats cool, some of the worlds greatest minds in history were ridiculed at one time for being stupid before some of their theories/ inventions/ hypothesis later played out...but then again... even if everything I suggested might pan out - did actually go on to pan out and things like incest and polygamy becoming the norm in later years....there'd always be that sect of people that would simply be in denial about the connection or evolution of behavioral patterns that preceded it.

Not claiming I am amongst them, but just sayin' nonetheless. MOB mentality will always berate the voice that isn't in syncopation with the loudest.

My opinion on this is merely my opinion....and guess what?....it can also change, pending more information/ other variables.

If it makes the liberals feel better name calling/ hurling insults, then have at it. I really don't care. They do what they do.

TMD.. if you are ever deemed to be one of the greatest minds in history I will give you lifetime control of my icon and sig.

And I don't see why you keep tossing the word liberal out like it's a dirty word or insult.  Liberals allowed women and blacks to vote, created social security, Medicare, ended segregation, passed the Civil Rights and Voter Rights Acts.  Are these all horrible things?  Can you guess who opposed each of these?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 01:43 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:All homosexuals are born that way. I have known several people who follow the heteronormative lifestyle that they have always been guided to lead only to realize that the reason they cannot have a successful hetero relationship is because they are not heterosexual.

Or maybe they have other issues that are hurting their hetero relationships, but they go un/ mis-diagnosed and if they happen to have a whim/ fling such as BIgJags wife with a person of the same sex then its much easier to just rush to judgment and assume that was the answer all along....

We'll probably see her in therapy after the series of homosexual relationships that she thinks is the "answer" turn out not to be. 

As said before, I do not believe that "ALL homosexuals are born that way"......OR, maybe a better way to put it, is not ALL people that stray to a homosexual encounter are indeed "gay"/ "homosexuals"....yet, in todays climate its easy for them to think thats the answer.

Gay people have been conditioned to believe that straying from the norm is wrong and suppress or hide who they really are. If you want to look at a demographic that is proving to be bored and pushing the envelope, look at hetero teens. I cannot post what they are doing commonly now which was taboo in my teen years.

I won't dispute that the envelope is being pushed there too. I see it as a part of a larger point however, including todays homosexual behaviors. 

How you can claim in one post to not be an expert on the subject and propose in the next that there is a "new breed" of homosexual negates any credibility you have on the matter.

uhmmm, okay.... Thats the way I see it, thus "my opinion".... Not sure how I'm allegedly trying to be an expert by offering my opinion

If there is anything new about young homosexuals today its that they see examples of positive gay representations like Glee and The Fosters as opposed to more stereotypically negative representations like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds.

Oh, so the behavior is kinda being "reinforced"....much like the way commercial's try to make a product look appealing. I don't disagree. It seems to be working, judging by the drunk ladies hooking up at da klub.....yes I know, "all" born gay, right?... 

These younger homosexuals have more straight kids who don't want to see them bullied whereas when I was a teen, the gay kids in school hid in the open. I know gay people who have had kids and been in failed marriages trying to move past feelings of self loathing for being different. It is not as uncommon as you think. I would strongly advise you actually spend some time asking actual gay people about their lives instead of relying on the input of people who aren't gay, but agree with everything you think on the subject.

I agree that seeking out more knowledge is always beneficial. However, you also have to be able to differentiate between a genuine gay person, and someone who merely has aspirations of furthering a movement/ agenda. 

Quote:Thats cool, some of the worlds greatest minds in history were ridiculed at one time for being stupid before some of their theories/ inventions/ hypothesis later played out...but then again... even if everything I suggested might pan out - did actually go on to pan out and things like incest and polygamy becoming accepted/ the norm in later years....there'd always be that sect of people that would simply be in denial about the connection or evolution of behavioral patterns that preceded it. 

Not claiming I am amongst histories great minds, but just sayin' nonetheless. MOB mentality will always berate the voice that isn't in syncopation with the loudest. 

You call anyone disagreeing with you in this thread a liberal, a political viewpoint you apparently consider to be incorrect, and that isn't name calling? I have news for you, there are a lot of conservatives that believe in equal rights for all people, and have no opposition to gay marriage. Unfortunately, they are shouted down as virulently as you claim to suffer.

A stupid theory is stupid.

- Bob Marley

Quote:And I don't see why you keep tossing the word liberal out like it's a dirty word or insult.  Liberals allowed women and blacks to vote, created social security, Medicare, ended segregation, passed the Civil Rights and Voter Rights Acts.  Are these all horrible things?  Can you guess who opposed each of these?

I agree they're all positive advances. 

However, politics today isn't the same....and that counts on both sides. Its a shame. 

The way liberals try to force their opinions/ ideas and mind control via their stronghold of the media/ TV and education system is despicable. 

Quote:I agree they're all positive advances. 

However, politics today isn't the same....and that counts on both sides. Its a shame. 

The way liberals try to force their opinions/ ideas and mind control via their stronghold of the media/ TV and education system is despicable. 

If you really think conservative media outlets don't do the exact same thing, you are under the same rock Bullseye and I are vying for.

- Bob Marley

Why is it people for gay rights only have an "agenda" but those against it are doing it for their "beliefs".

Here is what I believe...the people that believe that gay marriage is wrong is trying to control other people with their beliefs! If gay marriage was legal everywhere tomorrow, no straight, God fearing people would be forced to marry someone of the same sex! No straight peoples marriages will change if gay people can get married too.

What one person, or group of people believe should not stop others from being able to do what they want!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:You call anyone disagreeing with you in this thread a liberal, a political viewpoint you apparently consider to be incorrect, and that isn't name calling? I have news for you, there are a lot of conservatives that believe in equal rights for all people, and have no opposition to gay marriage. Unfortunately, they are shouted down as virulently as you claim to suffer.

A stupid theory is stupid.

If someone called me a conservative I wouldn't think of it as name calling, no. 

I consider name calling more along the lines of using "stupid"/ "moron"/ etc etc. 

TMD..  who are these homosexuals who are not born that way? With all of the social advances the LGBT community has seen, why has the percentage of actual homosexuals remained flat?  You imply there is a "new breed" of homosexuals.  Where does this come from?  Could it be you are just making it up?  Where is there any fact to support these statements you are so firm in your convictions to spout?  Does this fall in line with the definition of cognitive dissonance?

Quote:If someone called me a conservative I wouldn't think of it as name calling, no. 

I consider name calling more along the lines of using "stupid"/ "moron"/ etc etc.

Having such a great mind and all...you know the difference when someone says that what you say is stupid and someone actually calling you stupid, right?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I agree they're all positive advances.

Same as it ever was. One need only to look at how elected leaders vote.

I don't get how homosexuality becoming more socially accepted is going to make more people want to experiment with homosexuality.  I have had more than one occasion where I have been propositioned to do things sexually with another guy.  Never once did I consider it as I know it ain't for me.  What other people do in their lives doesn't really concern me.  I hate mayonnaise.  If all of a sudden EVERYONE in America was led to believe mayonnaise was the greatest thing in the world, my mayonnaise intake would increase 0%. 

Quote:Having such a great mind and all...you know the difference when someone says that what you say is stupid and someone actually calling you stupid, right?

I never claimed I had a great mind in this thread. That said, I also don't think I am stupid, either. Just a person with opinions. Do I believe in my current opinions? Yes. Does that mean that I'll have the same opinions 30 years from now that I do today? Who knows? 25 years ago, before what has culminated into this constant liberal forcing of their issues/ and what I perceive to be attempted mind control, I had a much more positive opinion regarding the Left than I do today. I do not like someone trying to force me what to think, nor do I like someone trying to bully/ force others' what to think either. 

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 02:18 PM by Kotite.)

And who are these fake gay people only there to promote an agenda?  Why would anyone pretend to be gay to the point that they are having gay sex only to promote an agenda which does not apply to them?  For real..  PM me and I will find a gay person willing to endure whatever crude and outlandish questions you might have about being gay.  I will vouch for them being a "true" gay if you will just take my word on it.  You really need to get educated on what it means to be gay from actual gay people.