Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey has been the best CB in the NFL this past month...

Quote:KY is trying so hard to be the smartest guy in the room.
The problem is he has no clue what smart looks like.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I could have pointed out the NFL Next Gen Stat about tight coverage. It uses the same shoulder pad chip technology that posts the same cool visuals about acceleration, top speed, ,distance traveled, and route paths that everyone likes. Well it also produces a really cool stat that I believe they call tight coverage %, but it could be close coverage or good coverage I forget exactly it's been a few weeks since I listened to the breakdown. It shows how close a cornerback and wide receiver are to each other at the point of the catch or target. If it is 3 feet or less it is counted as tight coverage, if it's farther then it's not. Really cool use of technology to produce a useful stat to judge what is probably the hardest position to quantify. Well, Ramsey is DEAD LAST among qualified rookies in that stat (well he was when I heard that stat a few weeks ago, maybe he's gotten better during this streak he has had...but no one is arguing how he has played since the Lions game). Tavon Young is leading that stat by the way, and also has very nice traditional stats too.

Can you imagine if I tried to come on here and use that stat to argue that a 4th round rookie most people have never even heard of was actually playing better than Ramsey? These same people who resort to constant attacking of something as useful and mind numblingly simple as a spider chart graph. Nah, no point in bothering to use something like Next Gen Stats around people like that. (They also don't dislike spider charts or think that they are not useful or overly complicated, they dislike that it helps easily show how badly their GM blew it by drafting a guy who is so clearly a terrible athlete when other guys who had great scores at the same position were right there. If Dave had taken an athletic guy with a nice spider chart they would like them, no doubt.)

So yes there was actually plenty more ammo to show that Ramsey had a below average first half, but no one cares about it...unless it lines up with the proper hive mentality.
I could say I would miss you throwing crap at the wall and seeing if it sticks, but I won't. Bye!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I am probably done posting here, at least in the Jaguars forum but maybe period. Maybe I'll post some draft takes or something, but as far as on the field opinions I am probably done. People here aren't interested in the truth, they just want their biases confirmed and anyone who disagrees is shouted down by the teal glasses mob neanderthals. You all know me, I am Mr. naunce. You really think the totality of the reason I think Ramsey was below average for a bit over half of the season is based off of two simple stats?

Of course not, everyone knows eyes is the first tool and then I supplement with a multitude of things. You all claim to do it too, but you don't. Because if you did you wouldn't claim that Ramsey played great and shut down Amari in the Raiders game, for example. My eyes told me that despite only giving up 1 catch to Amari, he also got beat by him...a lot. A plethora of extremely respected people who are paid professionally to break down film like Andy Benoit or Louis Riddick (and plenty more) pointed out that Amari burned Ramsey several times too (they also pointed out Holmes shaking him badly once for what would have been a gimme TD). So did lesser respected guys like Jax's own Gene Frenette. But he only gave up 1 catch so all of the sudden your eyes told you Ramsey played great against Oakland when he didn't. He just got lucky.

But I can't use that for ammunition in a debate cause Achilles, and a few others, will just brush it off and attack you for parroting someone else's opinion. Because supplementing your own opinion with other experts facts and opinions is somehow a bad thing. Except that they don't actually think it's a bad thing, or they would be shouting down the original post of the thread that coincidentally was also parroted from twitter, from a PFF twitter account no less! They just want to bash something that doesn't line up with their teal glasses mob mentality. If it's a parroted opinion that lines up with their own mentality it is completely fine.

"You really think the totality of the reason I think Ramsey was below average for a bit over half of the season is based off of two simple stats? "

Well yes because until now you have based your entire argumemt in this thread on passer rating and completion %. Multiple people including myself explained how that came to be and even found the stats to explain where that came from. You were proved wrong.

You then sulked off away from the thread for a while instead of admitting you are wrong and now have come back after trying to find ways to back up your point with more stats ( yes I have read that Amari Cooper article too). Have you no shame?

Argues about why completion % and passer rating prove Ramsey had a below average first 10 games for a few pages. Proven wrong.

Then comes back and says that "You really think the totality of the reason I think Ramsey was below average for a bit over half of the season is based off of two simple stats?"

1 Down Smile

KYJaggy has a strong case of confirmation bias with stats. He often makes a statement and when disputed looks for stats that may support his case.

I remember arguing about Ereck Flowers with him during draft talk. He stated Flowers got torched by Randy Gregory all game long. When I pointed out that Gregory only lined up against Flowers like a dozen times that game and was held statless and in fact gave up a rushing touchdown against Flowers, the natural response was something like, "Of course I know that, but if you watch those twelve plays he beat Flowers even though he didn't get on the stat sheet."

He was used a lot as a box safety in college (and even LB) that I figured we would want him to be used that way while he adjusted to the speed of the game, but he's exceeded my expectations.  I knew he was capable of this, but I didn't think it would happen for a couple of years at least.

You guys forced KY into retirement. Yikes lol.

Dude.. I am the first one to anger the masses on this board and I totally agree that they are almost cult like in running anyone off who doesnt say everything and everyonr associated with the jags is the best at what they do, but you are wrong on this one.

You claim to use your eyes to judge ramsey, but you cant be doing that because the only thing I see when watching him is a superstar. His size, length, and speed jumps out immediately. There is something strikingly different about him than with other guys at his position. It isnt even debateable. I am all for certain stats to help jusge corners, but they all have to be taken with context.

Scheme, such as zone or man, safety help or not, coverage rolled or not, pass rush vs bad pass rush, lining up on your aide or following #1 Wrs all around all matter. Cl

Corners playing zone are not going to be as close to a WR as those playing man when the ball arrives.

Ramsey is legit the best rookie corner I have seen since maybe Revis or Peterson. I think Revis steuggled his rookie year too. Ramsey has been strait lockdown vs top guys for the most part.

No corner is 100% uncatchable on. We hae awful pass rush and up until now a buffoon at coach. Most games, teams legit dont even look at Ramseys man.

You claim to use your eyes, yet you are obviously either lying, or blind.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 02:14 PM by Joe.)

Lol KY and some other dingbat tried to tell me that guards are more important than tackles on the OLine. 2 days later, 5 OTs were drafted in the first round. The dude literally just tried to argue football with a "NFL next gen" stat.

We won't miss much.

Quote:And with all of that said, adios. See y'all in the NFL at large or draft forums from time to time, maybe.

I love so much that you dramatically typed this out with the hopes of people being like "oh no what did we do!?! Don't leave!?!"

LOL

Wait...he said maybe...that means there is a chance he will come back and condescendingly recite stats he has read on twitter that confirm his own biases. I'm holding out hope!!

Quote:I love so much that you dramatically typed this out with the hopes of people being like "oh no what did we do!?! Don't leave!?!"

LOL

Wait...he said maybe...that means there is a chance he will come back and condescendingly recite stats he has read on twitter that confirm his own biases. I'm holding out hope!!
Fingers crossiessssssss

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I love so much that you dramatically typed this out with the hopes of people being like "oh no what did we do!?! Don't leave!?!"

LOL

The internet isn't for everyone I guess.

Quote:"You really think the totality of the reason I think Ramsey was below average for a bit over half of the season is based off of two simple stats? "

Well yes because until now you have based your entire argumemt in this thread on passer rating and completion %. Multiple people including myself explained how that came to be and even found the stats to explain where that came from. You were proved wrong.

You then sulked off away from the thread for a while instead of admitting you are wrong and now have come back after trying to find ways to back up your point with more stats ( yes I have read that Amari Cooper article too). Have you no shame?

You beat me to it. What he's saying he does is not what he did in this thread at all.

He touted 2-3 shaky stats. That's it. In fact, multiple people asked him to point out a game where he didn't play well and it never came.

Mr. Nuance?

Quote:You beat me to it. What he's saying he does is not what he did in this thread at all.

He touted 2-3 shaky stats. That's it. In fact, multiple people asked him to point out a game where he didn't play well and it never came.

Mr. Nuance?

Its pretty funny because everyone here can see how the argument went down. The dramatic "I'm leaving" essay was the cherry on top.

Quote:Its pretty funny because everyone here can see how the argument went down. The dramatic "I'm leaving" essay was the cherry on top.
AND YOU'RE NOT INVITED TO HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY!

The best part is him logging out of his account so he can lurk in this thread reading the replies without anyone seeing his name at the bottom Lolllll

Won't miss a tard that thinks Ramsey sucked for the majority of the year.

Now we just need JDub and Spacecoast to retire.

Ramsey currently has allowed 619 yards in 15 games on 94 targets.