Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle had the leagues #1 ranked defense in 2013, so did people overrate Bradley?

Quote:Not critiiczing Gus for "trying" to win anything....lol.....the criticism comes from not succeeding in overachieving. Heck, I could have been Jags coach and "tried to win 5-7 games" too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

The way I see it, the Jags were better off either totally flaming out this year and getting the #1 overall, or overachieving and really finishing strong to close out the year with 6 or 7 wins. As usual, the Jags do what the Jags do....& wound up stuck in the middle. Purgatory. SO they don't get the best of what either world would have offered.

So if Bridgewater is available at 3, who you want, but wouldn't be available at say 8-10 (which we would be with 6 to 7 wins) that is purgatory? We are in a good position to either draft a QB, top DE or trade back and acquire picks. What you are saying above makes no sense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not critiiczing Gus for "trying" to win anything....lol.....the criticism comes from not succeeding in overachieving. Heck, I could have been Jags coach and "tried to win 5-7 games" too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

The way I see it, the Jags were better off either totally flaming out this year and getting the #1 overall, or overachieving and really finishing strong to close out the year with 6 or 7 wins. As usual, the Jags do what the Jags do....& wound up stuck in the middle. Purgatory. SO they don't get the best of what either world would have offered. 
There wasn't enough talent on this team to overcome the injuries they incurred late in the season.  A number of the guys playing for this team the last 3 weeks never played in the league before this year.  No surprise to anyone that the Jags couldn't beat the teams they played, but maximum effort til the last snap of the season bodes well for this franchise under Gus.

That said, until we get our QB, we will continue to suck.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 07:09 PM by Predator.)

You were very critical of Gus and anyone who was pulling for the jags to win those games. That is a fact. You can't recreate history.

Are you really so naive that you believe people don't remember the things you post, especially considering how you troll threads in order to make your critical remarks over and over and over again?

And you wonder why people continue to have zero respect for your opinions.

Quote:You were very critical of Gus and anyone who was pulling for the jags to win those games. That is a fact. You can't recreate history.

Are you really so naive that you believe people don't remember the things you post, especially considering how you troll threads in order to make your critical remarks over and over and over again?

And you wonder why people continue to have zero respect for your opinions.

Wait a minute...I was indeed pulling for the first pick in the draft.....but when we started winning, I'll admit, I got caught up in it and by the time they won 3 of 4 in November, I was on board with the team winning out. The schedule was easy and I figured at that point the best thing would be to simply win out and finish strong. So then what happens? They crap the bed and lose the last 3, leaving them in no where land. Which is the worst of both worlds. 

So, don't lie up there. I did in fact say what I am claiming I said. If you missed it, its on you. Its all archived I suppose if you need to double check. 

At the end of the day, either extreme of first pick, or finish strong would have been best for this team. But we wound up stuck in the middle. That sucks. 

It doesn't suck.  The #3 pick will get us Manziel, Clowney, or Bridgewater.

I'm a happy camper when it comes to that.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 07:44 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It doesn't suck.  The #3 pick will get us Manziel, Clowney, or Bridgewater.

I'm a happy camper when it comes to that.

Yeah but with pick 1, you could trade down and still get one of those, and a nice batch of extra draft picks. 

We need as much as we can get. 

I mean, I guess its good that were at least getting one of those and all.....but its hard not to look at what could have been

Quote:Yeah but with pick 1, you could trade down and still get one of those, and a nice batch of extra draft picks. 

We need as much as we can get. 

I mean, I guess its good that were at least getting one of those and all.....but its hard not to look at what could have been

Unlike the past where we've speculated what picks we "could" have gotten, I suppose we truly will see what happens now.

The Texans are shopping the pick, and no "if"s "and"s or "but"s about it... we'll know exactly what we "could" have gotten for it by what they do (or do not) get.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Wait a minute...I was indeed pulling for the first pick in the draft.....but when we started winning, I'll admit, I got caught up in it and by the time they won 3 of 4 in November, I was on board with the team winning out. The schedule was easy and I figured at that point the best thing would be to simply win out and finish strong. So then what happens? They crap the bed and lose the last 3, leaving them in no where land. Which is the worst of both worlds. 

So, don't lie up there. I did in fact say what I am claiming I said. If you missed it, its on you. Its all archived I suppose if you need to double check. 

At the end of the day, either extreme of first pick, or finish strong would have been best for this team. But we wound up stuck in the middle. That sucks. 
But that didn't keep you from complaining and criticizing while we were in the process of winning 3 out of 4. At that point you were criticizing just for the sake of it. You just wanted to hear yourself whine.

Quote:Wait a minute...I was indeed pulling for the first pick in the draft.....but when we started winning, I'll admit, I got caught up in it and by the time they won 3 of 4 in November, I was on board with the team winning out. 

C'mon, TMD. No one read anything like this from you. You have been all over the Jags for winning ANY number of games that would keep them from getting the #1 pick... even after they had no chance of getting it. 

I'll gladly take back my comment if you can provide just one of your post that prove otherwise.

Quote:But that didn't keep you from complaining and criticizing while we were in the process of winning 3 out of 4. At that point you were criticizing just for the sake of it. You just wanted to hear yourself whine.

No actually there was a few weeks there that I was not complaining at all. They were winning and I was on board. 

I began getting perturbed when the losing resumed again at that point, since at that point I knew the top pick was already out of reach. 

Quote:C'mon, TMD. No one read anything like this from you. You have been all over the Jags for winning ANY number of games that would keep them from getting the #1 pick... even after they had no chance of getting it. 

I'll gladly take back my comment if you can provide just one of your post that prove otherwise.

No there was a few weeks back in November during the 3 game winning streak where I was on board. The winning won me over and I wanted them to finish strong at that point. 

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 07:28 AM by Predator.)

Quote:No actually there was a few weeks there that I was not complaining at all. They were winning and I was on board. 

I began getting perturbed when the losing resumed again at that point, since at that point I knew the top pick was already out of reach. 
No you began getting perturbed at the first win.

Us true fan were rooting for 7-8 wins from win one. That's why you root for your team to win.

Being satisfied with 7-8 wins requires you to be satisfied with those first few wins not critical of them. You just want to claim some wisdom in retrospect that you lacked at the time. It doesn't work that way for people who are as opinionated and vocal as you. You were a fool to believe that loosing was the right path to begin with.

Speaking of the Hawks does a Super Bowl win from them work out for us? We saw how the Ravens had to gut their team because they can't afford everyone. That could help us if we can reunite a guy or 2 with Gus.

Quote:No you began getting perturbed at the first win.

Us true fan were rooting for 7-8 wins from win one. That's why you root for your team to win.

Being satisfied with 7-8 wins requires you to be satisfied with those first few wins not critical of them. You just want to claim some wisdom in retrospect that you lacked at the time. It doesn't work that way for people who are as opinionated and vocal as you. You were a fool to believe that loosing was the right path to begin with.

The first win, yes....by the 2nd and 3rd straight, no. By then I was on board. 

Quote:Speaking of the Hawks does a Super Bowl win from them.....

I wouldn't worry about that...

Quote:No actually there was a few weeks there that I was not complaining at all. They were winning and I was on board. 

As much as I hate to do it, I'll back you on this.

Quote:As much as I hate to do it, I'll back you on this.

Thank you. Nice to see some integrity on this board. 

Take that, predator!

Quote:The first win, yes....by the 2nd and 3rd straight, no. By then I was on board. 

Quote:As much as I hate to do it, I'll back you on this.

Then show us.

Quote:Shot at Gus, or shot at Seattle?? Gus ain't at Seattle no more....

San Fran will win Sunday. I can't wait. Seattle is a fraud. 
Oh.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Oh.

Priceless.  (...and "'ain't at no more"...  lulz)

Now is about the time he flops on Kaepernick or goes to the usual checkdown excuses (they was robbed, yadda, yadda...)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."