Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 09:10 PM by JackCity.)

(10-15-2017, 08:56 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: And that's the tell tale sign of a QB you don't want to ride with.  

I don't get why people are finding it so hard to move on from an awful QB.  

Stockholm syndrome I guess. He's a funny guy with a laid-back personality. Not good enough to be a starting QB. Piss poor team building to have him still starting with no plan B.
What makes you think people don’t want to move on from him?

He’s done in Jacksonville but he’s still better than Henne.
Based on what we saw happen during the offseason. 

Yeah he's still better than Henne. That was a completely avoidable situation. To be forced to play Bortles or Henne is pathetic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2017, 09:02 PM)atburg Wrote: If Brees, or Brady were knocking on the door it would be one thing. Henne on the other hand, ill ride with what we've got.

Obviously Henne is almost all suck also, but if there is one thing he has shown it is the ability to put a deep pass on the money fairly consistently. Is Bortles' once or twice a game first down QB keeper or Henne's maybe once or twice a game play action bomb better for the team? That's the question to me.

(10-15-2017, 09:02 PM)atburg Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: And that's the tell tale sign of a QB you don't want to ride with.  

Stockholm syndrome I guess. He's a funny guy with a laid-back personality. Not good enough to be a starting QB. Piss poor team building to have him still starting with no plan B.

If Brees, or Brady were knocking on the door it would be one thing. Henne on the other hand, ill ride with what we've got.
Henne is worse than Blake. 

The point is we never should have been in this spot this year.

(10-15-2017, 09:11 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 09:02 PM)atburg Wrote: If Brees, or Brady were knocking on the door it would be one thing. Henne on the other hand, ill ride with what we've got.
Henne is worse than Blake. 

The point is we never should have been in this spot this year.

Henne may very well be a net worse than Bortles, but he does throw the ball better, and that makes me wonder sometimes....  neither are acceptable solutions, to put it nicely..

We just remember the henne/gabbert era. Don't think any of us mind drafting a qb at seasons end.

(10-15-2017, 10:16 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

We just remember the henne/gabbert era. Don't think any of us mind drafting a qb at seasons end.

I'm talking about this offseason that just passed.

Who did you want?

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 10:47 PM by JackCity.)

(10-15-2017, 10:34 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Who did you want?

Watson, like Mahomes in the draft too,make a play at a trade for a QB, or sign Kap.

So we don't draft fournette I assume? Already sounds bad to me. Which quality qb would we have traded for?

Watson had a good game today but recent history is littered with mobile qb bombing after promising starts.

(10-15-2017, 10:47 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So we don't draft fournette I assume? Already sounds bad to me. Which quality qb would we have traded for?

Watson had a good game today but recent history is littered with mobile qb bombing after promising starts.

Like who? RG3? RG3 and Watson arent similar players other than theyre black QBs that can run. Their desire to run and running style are vastly different right now.

Bortles is awesome, stop blaming him for everything

(10-15-2017, 10:47 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So we don't draft fournette I assume? Already sounds bad to me. Which quality qb would we have traded for?

Yes I'd rather a good franchise QB than a running back..even though I love Fournette. Lord knows, I would have thrown alot at Tyrod. Brett Hundley could probably do Bortles job effectively.

List of solid starting mobile QBs in the NFL: Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, Mariota, Wilson, Wentz, Cam, Tyrod.   

He's putting up historic production for a rookie QB and doing so with an awful Oline.

LOL......15 TD - 5ints - 2 rushing TDs.   Watson is a pocket QB that has mobility.  He is not RG3.  He is not a Vick.  He is more in the Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers mold than other QBs.  Keep dismissing him.

BTW.....i guess the Jaguars now know what the Texans' D has gone thru in the last few years.....lol.

(10-15-2017, 11:11 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Yes I'd rather a good franchise QB than a running back..even though I love Fournette. Lord knows, I would have thrown alot at Tyrod. Brett Hundley could probably do Bortles job effectively.

List of solid starting mobile QBs in the NFL: Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, Mariota, Wilson, Wentz, Cam, Tyrod.   

He's putting up historic production for a rookie QB and doing so with an awful Oline.

Most those guys don't run anywhere near as much as Watson.

Bortles looked like a future star early too.

What is Stockholm syndrome?

I think there is a good chance we will draft a QB next year and sign a veteran (our roster has only two QBs right now anyway) whether Blake Bortles cashes in on a physical or not. If he gets his guaranteed $18 million, making him the NFL's most expensive backup would be stupid. If you pay him, you have to play him.

PS If bortles had the game Watson had against the chiefs it would be labelled garbage time

(10-16-2017, 12:12 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

What is Stockholm syndrome?

I think there is a good chance we will draft a QB next year and sign a veteran (our roster has only two QBs right now anyway) whether Blake Bortles cashes in on a physical or not. If he gets his guaranteed $18 million, making him the NFL's most expensive backup would be stupid. If you pay him, you have to play him.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stockholm+syndrome

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 12:28 AM by JackCity.)

(10-16-2017, 12:10 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 11:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yes I'd rather a good franchise QB than a running back..even though I love Fournette. Lord knows, I would have thrown alot at Tyrod. Brett Hundley could probably do Bortles job effectively.

Most those guys don't run anywhere near as much as Watson.

Bortles looked like a future star early too.
Well actually Rodgers, Dak, Mariota all run around 4 times a game. Watson is averaging 4 runs per game so far. Tyrod and Wilson average around 5/6. Cam averages 7.  All good QBs.  

Bortles had a bad rookie year, a good 2015 year followed by a bad 2016 year and a bad 2017 year. He is very bad.

(10-16-2017, 12:14 AM)lastonealive Wrote: PS If bortles had the game Watson had against the chiefs it would be labelled garbage time

It was labelled garbage time by most. Still impressive for a rookie QB. He's on path to break the rookie passing TD record pretty easily.

still garbage time. Dont make excuses for other QBs and dismiss your osn.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-15-2017, 11:11 PM)JackCity Wrote:

You call Tyrod Taylor a solid starting QB? You should be tested.