Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Re-sign Marqise Lee

(03-14-2018, 07:38 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 01:38 AM)waveZ666 Wrote: Arob didn't want to be here. Get over it...

That's my take. Arob didn't wanna be here and colvin wanted to be here but he wanted a shot to play on the outside more.

I'm not buying that the whole theory that ARob was some kind of malcontent. He went where the money took him. The Bears gave him a 3-year deal worth $14 mil per season. I'm thinking the Jaguars best offer was a 1-year deal worth about $12 mil.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2018, 05:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Good grief.  Some of you clearly like to argue just for the sake of it.  Hurns may be able to bounce back, but you don't pay someone for what they did two years ago.  Especially when he already got paid for what he did two years ago.  His last two seasons say resoundingly he isn't worth $7 mil right now.  If he wants to play on a 1 year prove it deal for $3 or 4 mil, fine.  But I think that ship has sailed here with the Lee and Moncrief signings.

Typically I'd agree about focusing on recent years, but it's not that easy. Hurns has proven his toughness that he'll battle through anything but last year's injury was too much and he missed games. Lee has nearly as many since they were drafted. I understand Lee put up more stats recently, but last year we couldn't really judge them at all on the deeper routes because Blake's arm was shot after the Bears game. With all of that said, we all know that Hurns was day and night better than Lee back in 2015, and there's every reason to think that if he's able to stay healthy, he'll reestablish himself as clearly better.

(03-13-2018, 06:20 PM)Achilles Wrote: I think Robinson not getting done was more than just money.

I don't know... we're now having to pay Lee and Moncrief more combined than we'd have had to pay Robinson when this team would have been light-years better off with just Robinson. ARob being signed would have also allowed us to keep 5 WRs, and now we pretty much have to keep 6 which means one less valuable roster spot. 

2 WR for the price of one pretty much. Again, if Robinson didn't wanna be here it wouldn't have made sense to pay him like he did wanna be here.

I feel like the moncrief signing is just taking a shot on a low risk/high reward player, but people just underrate Lee too much. 

ARob hasn't done anything since 2016 at this point and he really only had that one strong year. 

Marqise was out there last season when no one else was and he was still getting open and making clutch grabs. People don't appreciate him enough.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-14-2018, 05:30 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:06 PM)pirkster Wrote: Assuming we truly sign Moncrief - he, Cole, Westbrook, and Lee will be our top 4.

Hurns is likely to be released if not restructured.

Talk about "more productive and valuable..."

At the 5th spot, maybe.

I can see Moncrief and Westbrook brawling for the start at the #1WR spot
(split-end) with the loser backing him up. Cole and Lee would do the same at the #2 WR spot (flanker) ...and then Hurns likely takes over the slot WR role with Mickens backing him as the PR.

I imagine Greene and Wynn will challenge Mickens for his spot but good luck... Mickens is pretty darn good on returns. It looks like including the PR we're going to carry six WRs now which may mean one less RB... As in 4Net, Grant and  Yeldon may be it along with the FB.

I'd like to see a back brought in that could give Yeldon serious competition. Especially since this team will have to run the ball to win imo.

(03-14-2018, 07:43 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:38 AM)Achilles Wrote: That's my take. Arob didn't wanna be here and colvin wanted to be here but he wanted a shot to play on the outside more.

I'm not buying that the whole theory that ARob was some kind of malcontent. He went where the money took him. The Bears gave him a 3-year deal worth $14 mil per season. I'm thinking the Jaguars best offer was a 1-year deal worth about $12 mil.

Everyone else on the team seemed to come together last year and always came off as a tight knit family. I follow a lot of the guys on Instagram. Never did I see Robinson with anyone, whether it was at the facility or out on the town.

Combine that with what he was saying about bortles back in 2016...etc....It just seems like he wasn't happy here and didn't fit in with the rest of the locker room. Maybe I'm wrong, it happens, but that's the impression I get.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-14-2018, 07:47 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:43 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm not buying that the whole theory that ARob was some kind of malcontent. He went where the money took him. The Bears gave him a 3-year deal worth $14 mil per season. I'm thinking the Jaguars best offer was a 1-year deal worth about $12 mil.

Everyone else on the team seemed to come together last year and always came off as a tight knit family. I follow a lot of the guys on Instagram. Never did I see Robinson with anyone, whether it was at the facility or out on the town.

Combine that with what he was saying about bortles back in 2016...etc....It just seems like he wasn't happy here and didn't fit in with the rest of the locker room. Maybe I'm wrong, it happens, but that's the impression I get.
What did he say about Blake in 2016 because I don't remember A-Rob saying anything about him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-13-2018, 11:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: What a terrible deal. Let Arob walk and sign MR 8 and 3. I'm not liking this move.
JF24- sell your original AR15 jersey for whatever you can get and put it into your 401K. If you need to buy another jersey, have it custom made and put your own name on it, it will be good forever and you can put $100/year away.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-14-2018, 08:12 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 07:47 AM)Achilles Wrote: Everyone else on the team seemed to come together last year and always came off as a tight knit family. I follow a lot of the guys on Instagram. Never did I see Robinson with anyone, whether it was at the facility or out on the town.

What did he say about Blake in 2016 because I don't remember A-Rob saying anything about him.

It was just low-key Blake bashing and less low-key fan base bashing. He just didn't wanna be here. Arob is a bit of a diva and he hasn't earned it yet.

(03-14-2018, 08:12 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: What did he say about Blake in 2016 because I don't remember A-Rob saying anything about him.

Man, just go read the early days of these recent Arob threads. No one said he was a malcontent who hated the team or Blake or city. In fact, they all (except for oline matters) said we should absolutely give him a long term deal or at the very least franchise him.

It's just being spun like this now that the FO decided to overpay to vastly inferior WRs to more money than Arob got. Bias makes you leap to conclusions like that.

(03-14-2018, 08:57 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:12 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: What did he say about Blake in 2016 because I don't remember A-Rob saying anything about him.

Man, just go read the early days of these recent Arob threads. No one said he was a malcontent who hated the team or Blake or city. In fact, they all (except for oline matters) said we should absolutely give him a long term deal or at the very least franchise him.

It's just being spun like this now that the FO decided to overpay to vastly inferior WRs to more money than Arob got. Bias makes you leap to conclusions like that.

No one is spinning anything. I wanted him back. He didn't wanna be here. He's not back. The end.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 09:03 AM by Upper.)

(03-14-2018, 08:58 AM)Achilles Wrote: No one is spinning anything. I wanted him back. He didn't wanna be here. He's not back. The end.

Maybe we can say he didn't want to be here if we find out what the team offered him. But the recent evidence has Arob on the record as saying he is disappointed he wasn't franchised tagged and that he believes the team can win a super bowl with Blake as QB because he already got us so close.

If we're looking purely at what we have so far it's more likely that we simply didn't offer anything that comparable to what the Bears did. If we did offer close to that we would have franchise tagged him, or at least transition tagged him for less AAV than he just got.

LOL.

Message board 'experts'.

Excuse me if I accept actual football people making the moves instead of some opinionated stat regurgitaters.

Seemed like they knew what they were doing last year, now all of a sudden they don't.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-14-2018, 09:14 AM)Rico Wrote: LOL.

Message board 'experts'.  

Excuse me if I accept actual football people making the moves instead of some opinionated stat regurgitaters.

Seemed like they knew what they were doing last year, now all of a sudden they don't.

Not everything was smart last year. Did you forget about Branden Albert?

I just don't see the logic in overpaying 2nd tier free agents. Norwell is worth it. The others are more like Beadles, Gerhart, House, and Odrick.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-14-2018, 09:03 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 08:58 AM)Achilles Wrote: No one is spinning anything. I wanted him back. He didn't wanna be here. He's not back. The end.

Maybe we can say he didn't want to be here if we find out what the team offered him. But the recent evidence has Arob on the record as saying he is disappointed he wasn't franchised tagged and that he believes the team can win a super bowl with Blake as QB because he already got us so close.

If we're looking purely at what we have so far it's more likely that we simply didn't offer anything that comparable to what the Bears did. If we did offer close to that we would have franchise tagged him, or at least transition tagged him for less AAV than he just got.

The franchise tag was 16 mil.

1. I don't think that Robinson really deserves that coming off of an injury and everything else I've already said. 

2. That 16 mil is roughly 3-4 mil more than his yearly average is in Chicago and norwell was the priority. 

That extra cash allowed us to vastly improve the oline and the jags resigned Lee for a lot less money, who had similar production last year to what Robinson had in 2016.

I'd rather have norwell and Lee than arob and whoever the backup plan was at guard.

(03-14-2018, 09:47 AM)Achilles Wrote: I'd rather have norwell and Lee than arob and whoever the backup plan was at guard.

Why do people have to keep interjecting Norwell into this equation? We paid him and still managed to give equal or slightly more money to three players who are far worse than Arob and Colvin. We can isolate Norwell from the rest of those deals easily. We could have Norwell, Arob, and Colvin right now...and a better team.

Message board 'experts'.  

Yea I mean... Why have an opinion when Gene Smith knows way more than anyone on this message board?

Gene Smith knows more than the people on this message board so don't question him taking a punter in the third round.

Message board 'experts'.  

One good year in a decade doesn’t give this team the benefit of the doubt.  Fans are hung up on last year, it’s not last year anymore.  All these signings look awful except Norwell.  Letting Robinson go but signing bums like Lee and Hayden is a joke.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 10:20 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

This is stupid. Lee is average and we could find a much betetr WR in the draft.

I'd take Cousins with Cole, Hurns, Westbrook and a rookie over Bortles with Lee, Hurns, Westbrook and Cole.

(03-14-2018, 10:12 AM)Kcirred Wrote:

Message board 'experts'.  

One good year in a decade doesn’t give this team the benefit of the doubt.  Fans are hung up on last year, it’s not last year anymore.  All these signings look awful except Norwell.  Letting Robinson go but signing bums like Lee and Hayden is a joke.

People always bring that stupid line. Yeah Gene Smith was one of those "actual football people" how did that turn out for the Jags?

So 4 year deal $18M guaranteed and $38M across the life of the contract. Of that $20M not guaranteed how much is incentives? And how much is just base pay? And of the base pay portion, how is it spread? I'm assuming the $18M gets paid up front but spread across the salary cap for 4 years at $4.5M per. Lets say the $20M is just base pay. Is it spread equally $5M each year? Or is it backloaded 2-2-2-14 where it essentially becomes a 3 year deal?

Too much

(03-14-2018, 10:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Message board 'experts'.  

Yea I mean... Why have an opinion when Gene Smith knows way more than anyone on this message board?

Gene Smith knows more than the people on this message board so don't question him taking a punter in the third round.

Gotcha, we're going to compare Gene Smith to Coughlin and Caldwell.  Awesome.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]