Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody still think Minshew will back up NF7?

(09-09-2019, 02:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Still concerned with his ability to drive the ball but I'm confident DeFilippo can help mitigate that a bit.

We'll see. He fired some passes in there yesterday.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 02:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 02:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Still concerned with his ability to drive the ball but I'm confident DeFilippo can help mitigate that a bit.

We'll see. He fired some passes in there yesterday.

I'm excited to see what he's got. He's very decisive and that definitely helps.

I'm not, I saw quick accurate passes with good velocity put in tight spaces.  The main gripe is his arm strength and we will find out if that is true to the point that it can affect his game. The real question is how many completed passes during a game is arm strength a factor?  I'll give up some arm strength for a quick reading QB who can go through his progressions and fire an accurate pass to the open receiver.  that's what we got to see yesterday.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...39328?s=19

(09-09-2019, 02:15 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:

I'm not, I saw quick accurate passes with good velocity put in tight spaces.  The main gripe is his arm strength and we will find out if that is true to the point that it can affect his game. The real question is how many completed passes during a game is arm strength a factor?  I'll give up some arm strength for a quick reading QB who can go through his progressions and fire an accurate pass to the open receiver.  that's what we got to see yesterday.

You disagree but agree?

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...30530?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-09-2019, 03:19 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...30530?s=21
But he sucked with the scrubs!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Ready to see what the stash can do with a full week of prep with the starters.

He has a knack and he seems to be able to see the field and find plays like really good QBs do. Ultimately he'll have ups and downs as a rookie and I suspect in the longer term (once opposing DCs have some tape on him), they'll be able to scheme him and slow him down. Still pretty impressive for rookie and given the circumstances. Someone was telling me today "holy smoke, he looks so much better than preseason". Actually, he looks the same, it's the starters he's playing with who are better.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think you guys can be too quick to name someone the next best thing. I am hopeful, and all for seeing what this kid can do, but I think we should be realistic. The Jags had a relatively safe game plan for him. He threw a lot of check downs and screens (at least from what I could see before they turned off the game). He looked good on his intermediate throws, but you guys have to keep in mind that KC didn't game plan for him. I am not suggesting, he will be terrible, but when a defense schemes for his tendencies, it could make the road ahead a lot rougher. The same was said for Allen, who had one nice preseason game, then was relatively quiet yesterday. I'm hopeful, but we should temper expectations.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 09:47 PM by NH3.)

(09-09-2019, 03:19 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...30530?s=21

I watched Minshew in person at the stadium but I've also rewatched the game twice since then. Not to count my chickens before the hatch but he was impressive to say the least. There was cause for concern w/respect to his arm strength, I didn't see that. There were concerns of accuracy, I didn't see that. There were concerns about his decision making, I didn't see that either. 

I actually feel confident that he'll continue to play well in NF7's absence. I can't wait until next week's game to see him play again. Good Job GM15.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I liked his decision making and accuracy in the preseason. He did almost throw a pick 6 last Sunday, though. I'm just trying to be a voice of reason. I know there will be a meltdown in 2 weeks if he struggles against prepared defenses.

Time to grow a stache

(09-09-2019, 10:53 PM)uthill Wrote: Time to grow a stache

Kahn's or Minshew? Which is better?

(09-09-2019, 10:53 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:53 PM)uthill Wrote: Time to grow a stache

Kahn's or Minshew? Which is better?

Didn't you hear. Minshew is the greatest QB ever.

Anyone have video of his int or second touchdown?

(09-10-2019, 06:04 AM)d4rkman Wrote: Anyone have video of his int or second touchdown?

They're on the Jaguar's website.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Haha...Minschew getting some respect from the Good Morning Football team. Stated that because of his stats, some are calling him the "Constant Gardner". Love it. I can live with that. He did look a lot better with the "1's".

https://twitter.com/pfref/status/1171448...93420?s=19

(09-10-2019, 06:04 AM)d4rkman Wrote: Anyone have video of his int or second touchdown?

https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/117...45249?s=19

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/11714...51808?s=19

Two things:

1. Good god Fournette. How does that wide open dump off turn into an interception?!
2. That back shoulder throw is absolutely perfect. And the honey hole throw he had to Chark was money. The more I watch, the more I like.

(09-10-2019, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Two things:

1. Good god Fournette. How does that wide open dump off turn into an interception?!
2. That back shoulder throw is absolutely perfect. And the honey hole throw he had to Chark was money. The more I watch, the more I like.

Nice to have a guy who's biggest assets are his decision making, accuracy, and understanding of the offense. You can do some things to mitigate his physical lack if he can keep those big three going.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato