Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have a franchise QB

(11-03-2019, 10:33 AM)NoShoes Wrote: What’s that have to do with anything?  It’s spent and not coming back. The best guy should play which is Minshew.

When a rookie is arguably better than a veteran, that doesn’t bode well for the vet.

He is? A partial quarter of play tells you that?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2019, 10:33 AM)NoShoes Wrote: What’s that have to do with anything?  It’s spent and not coming back. The best guy should play which is Minshew.

When a rookie is arguably better than a veteran, that doesn’t bode well for the vet.

NF7 > GM15

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 07:52 AM by NH3.)

(11-03-2019, 10:17 AM)Nikowho Wrote: IF....and I'm saying IF here for good reason....Gardner balls out today and throws 3 or 4 TDs, even if Jacksonville loses beacuse Watson just somehow does better in a shootout or something, I still think they have to stick with Gardner. It's not anything personal with Foles. But unless he comes in and throws 4 TDs a game on average or some ridiculous stats like that, i'm failing to see again how he'd improve things.

The only knock I can think of on Gardner right now is the fumbles. But unlike Bortles I think he will tighten up on that as time goes on.

You can add the INT(s) in w/the fumble. He's the future but he's not ready. I two years he'll hopefully be truly on fire.

IJS

NH3...
"AZANE"

(11-03-2019, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

He is? A partial quarter of play tells you that?

8 games amounts to what? 32 quarters?

Foles has been the definition of average his entire career outside of his playoff run.

(11-04-2019, 07:51 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 10:17 AM)Nikowho Wrote: IF....and I'm saying IF here for good reason....Gardner balls out today and throws 3 or 4 TDs, even if Jacksonville loses beacuse Watson just somehow does better in a shootout or something, I still think they have to stick with Gardner. It's not anything personal with Foles. But unless he comes in and throws 4 TDs a game on average or some ridiculous stats like that, i'm failing to see again how he'd improve things.

The only knock I can think of on Gardner right now is the fumbles. But unlike Bortles I think he will tighten up on that as time goes on.

You can add the INT(s) in w/the fumble. He's the future but he's not ready. I two years he'll hopefully be truly on fire.

IJS

NH3...

I mean, I hope he's not truly on fire, that sounds painful and difficult to come back from.

He's a rookie. He's going to have ups and downs. This isn't/shouldn't be news.

Minshew missed some throws and didn't see some wide open receivers. He will keep getting better but Foles will be better for us this year.

We have to put foles in If only to see what we have with foles as the quarterback. That’s the only way we’re going to know what to do with the quarterback position next year.

(11-04-2019, 08:44 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He is? A partial quarter of play tells you that?

8 games amounts to what?  32 quarters?

Foles has been the definition of average his entire career outside of his playoff run.

I was alluding to Foles’ play in our system. But given the disparity between the good O line he had in Philly and the turnstiles we have here, I’m wondering how he’s going to handle the pressure while nursing a freshly healed broken bone.

Lol
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-04-2019, 11:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 08:44 AM)NoShoes Wrote: 8 games amounts to what?  32 quarters?

I was alluding to Foles’ play in our system. But given the disparity between the good O line he had in Philly and the turnstiles we have here, I’m wondering how he’s going to handle the pressure while nursing a freshly healed broken bone.

He's going to get beat up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2019, 09:56 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 07:51 AM)NH3 Wrote: You can add the INT(s) in w/the fumble. He's the future but he's not ready. I two years he'll hopefully be truly on fire.

IJS

NH3...

I mean, I hope he's not truly on fire, that sounds painful and difficult to come back from.
LMBO. His Fire is My Desire... for the future.

NH3...
(11-04-2019, 07:40 PM)Ronster Wrote: Lol

"AZANE"

As a guy who watched A LOT of Nick Foles as an Eagle, I can tell you that he is an average player and a journeyman

Exactly which is why he didn't get huge interest and a mega deal in free agency.

He was a stop gap. But hey the QB who isn't playing is always popular round here.

(11-04-2019, 11:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Exactly which is why he didn't get huge interest and a mega deal in free agency.

He was a stop gap. But hey the QB who isn't playing is always popular round here.

I still don't see this huge popularity.  What I see now is people making an educated guess that Foles is going to be the starter when he returns.  Minshew had a chance to take that from him.  He laid an egg in London.

And if you want to go back to the very beginning when they were even talking about acquiring him, I was dead set against them signing Foles.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 06:36 PM by Ace Nova.)

This is exactly the time of year Foles typically gets red hot. He’s done it 2 seasons in a row with the Eagles. Not starting him would be a monumental mistake, imo.

(11-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: This is exactly the time of year Foles typically gets red hot.  He’s don’t it 2 seasons in a row with the Eagles.   Not starting him would be a monumental mistake, imo.

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

Foles has a career passer rating of 88.7. He’s never thrown for 3000 yards in a season. I do not understand the love some have for him.

(11-05-2019, 02:20 PM)PS9 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: This is exactly the time of year Foles typically gets red hot.  He’s don’t it 2 seasons in a row with the Eagles.   Not starting him would be a monumental mistake, imo.

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

Foles has a career passer rating of 88.7. He’s never thrown for 3000 yards in a season. I do not understand the love some have for him.

Absolute mistake going back to him. It won't last long however behind this line.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-04-2019, 08:44 AM)NoShoes Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 10:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He is? A partial quarter of play tells you that?

8 games amounts to what?  32 quarters?

Minshew was very good for a 6th round rookie

But let's not pretend he was out there being Mahomes or Watson.

(11-05-2019, 05:27 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 08:44 AM)NoShoes Wrote: 8 games amounts to what?  32 quarters?

Minshew was very good for a 6th round rookie

But let's not pretend he was out there being Mahomes or Watson.

To be fair....Lets not pretend we have Andy Reid calling plays or Watson level experience in our system.  Don't compare apples and oranges please.  I know its the thing right now around here, with jax being the new philly and so on.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.