Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Staff Speculation/Suggestion (merged)

(01-13-2020, 06:50 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 06:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You have to be kidding me? What is that going to resolve? Wait. I already know. 

He's Marrone's scapegoat mid season 2020 when the team has gone to [BLEEP] against a tough AFC North & NFC North schedule.

I think Wash is loyal and he wants to reward him.

Kind of easy to be loyal when nobody else wants you.  

Jags mentality:  Loyalty > Results

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-14-2020, 12:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 06:50 PM)Dimson Wrote: I think Wash is loyal and he wants to reward him.

Kind of easy to be loyal when nobody else wants you.  

Jags mentality:  Loyalty > Results

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

All this waiting is getting very,very old.
Guess I'm resigned to wash isn't going anywhere....get ready for another season of suckage.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

There's a HoFer on the market and we're still stuck with Todd Wash...

https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/stat...89219?s=20
Fix the O-Line!

(01-14-2020, 12:58 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: There's a HoFer on the market and we're still stuck with Todd Wash...

Makes me sick. I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. But if it's true that he's entertaining the idea of coaching in Cleveland? Come on. Reach out to him already. 

There's guys like Jay Gruden and Jim Caldwell out there probably looking for another chance at being an OC as well. And we're just left speculating while these [BLEEP] are out coaching the East-West Shrine game. 

Land Gruden or Caldwell as OC and land Phillips as your DC and all of a sudden you look like you might actually know what the hell you're doing as an organization in the NFL for a change.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-14-2020, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 12:58 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: There's a HoFer on the market and we're still stuck with Todd Wash...

Makes me sick. I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. But if it's true that he's entertaining the idea of coaching in Cleveland? Come on. Reach out to him already. 

There's guys like Jay Gruden and Jim Caldwell out there probably looking for another chance at being an OC as well. And we're just left speculating while these [BLEEP] are out coaching the East-West Shrine game. 

Land Gruden or Caldwell as OC and land Phillips as your DC and all of a sudden you look like you might actually know what the hell you're doing as an organization in the NFL for a change.

Right?

According to W/L, we are the 2nd worst team in the NFL over the last decade and the 3rd worst over the last 5 years.  The whole place should have been swept clean on Black Monday.  At least Doug can make himself look a lot better by hiring superior talent when it's available.  Shad's a billionaire for Pete's sake.  Him paying a coach what his market dictates for him is like us buying lunch for a friend at MacDonald's.
Fix the O-Line!

You all forget that this team is owned by Shad "doesn't know football" Khan............

(01-14-2020, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I think Gruden's waiting for a spot on Jon's staff to open up and sitting this year out. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Robiskie. I don't see how the Jaguars can attract top tier coordinators when they're on a one-year plan working under Doug Moron. How much money do you have to throw at a guy like Garrett or Caldwell to nuke their own career into the stone age?

(01-14-2020, 05:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Makes me sick. I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. But if it's true that he's entertaining the idea of coaching in Cleveland? Come on. Reach out to him already. 

I think Gruden's waiting for a spot on Jon's staff to open up and sitting this year out. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Robiskie.

FWIW  -  Lageman expressed on the radio today that he did not think Robiskie was interested in "going down that road again."  Happy to keep fewer responsibilities. 

He also said - if they hired from within then McCardell would be a consideration but it's more likely they seek out someone with experience working well with young QBs.  I agree with that notion, and it's why Jim Caldwell as OC/Asst HC is where I'd be laser-focused right now.

(01-14-2020, 05:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Makes me sick. I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. But if it's true that he's entertaining the idea of coaching in Cleveland? Come on. Reach out to him already. 

I think Gruden's waiting for a spot on Jon's staff to open up and sitting this year out. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Robiskie. I don't see how the Jaguars can attract top tier coordinators when they're on a one-year plan working under Doug Moron. How much money do you have to throw at a guy like Garrett or Caldwell to nuke their own career into the stone age?

Or, more optimistically, set themselves up for the next HC opening.
Fix the O-Line!

(01-14-2020, 06:07 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 05:47 PM)TJBender Wrote: I think Gruden's waiting for a spot on Jon's staff to open up and sitting this year out. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Robiskie. I don't see how the Jaguars can attract top tier coordinators when they're on a one-year plan working under Doug Moron. How much money do you have to throw at a guy like Garrett or Caldwell to nuke their own career into the stone age?

Or, more optimistically, set themselves up for the next HC opening.

I wouldn't mind Caldwell or Gruden taking the reigns in 2021 if they come out here and elevate Minshew to that next level in 2020. If the offense plays well and they keep games close but it's the defense that keeps [BLEEP] the bed and costing us games it makes sense.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 06:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Joe Brady to the Panthers, smh

Like I said earlier.....get ready for another season of suckage.
When the fans stay away in droves next season....maybe "Doesn't know Football" Khan will get the message.
I'm done speculating.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-14-2020, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Joe Brady to the Panthers, smh

Yup. #becausejaguars

(01-14-2020, 07:47 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Joe Brady to the Panthers, smh

Yup. #becausejaguars

If he proves himself, and Marrone gets kicked to the curb, we can still lure him away with a promotion.

Rhule and Joe Brady.

Good for the Panthers man.

(01-14-2020, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rhule and Joe Brady.

They will be an interesting team to watch next year. I am going to keep an eye on them. As a team that was in a similar position as us at years end, it will be interesting to see how the team that made a lot of the popular hires ends up. 

I have a feeling we are going to be the ones disappointed.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 11:05 PM by Brett.)

(01-14-2020, 11:02 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 08:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rhule and Joe Brady.

They will be an interesting team to watch next year. I am going to keep an eye on them. As a team that was in a similar position as us at years end, it will be interesting to see how the team that made a lot of the popular hires ends up. 

What makes you think that? The "Jacksonville" or "Jaguars" part in our name?

(01-14-2020, 11:04 PM)Brett Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:02 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: They will be an interesting team to watch next year. I am going to keep an eye on them. As a team that was in a similar position as us at years end, it will be interesting to see how the team that made a lot of the popular hires ends up. 

What makes you think that? The "Jacksonville" or "Jaguars" part in our name?
Maybe the “Doug Marrone” part. Or the untalented offense that only experienced minimal success because they stumbled into a 6th round pick of a back up qb that worked because he could escape pressure that got a 88million dollar QB crushed after 10 plays... either one really

(01-14-2020, 07:20 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Like I said earlier.....get ready for another season of suckage.
When the fans stay away in droves next season....maybe "Doesn't know Football" Khan will get the message.
I'm done speculating.
Whats the message, that the fan base in Jax is soft as cotton balls?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.