Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles traded to Chicago (merged)

(03-18-2020, 01:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Had to be done. The question now is what the hell are they going to do with 11 picks? And they still have Ngakoue's situation that needs to be addressed. I guess they'll be moving up in the draft some how.

(03-18-2020, 01:33 PM)rocdee Wrote: We have 13 picks, right?

I think we're going to throw Ngauoke a godfather offer. At least put it out there

We have 12 by my count.

Two in the first round

20 (from the Rams)

1 on the 2nd

1 in the 3rd

Our own 73

3 in the 4th round
Our Own
Denver's
Chicago's

2 in the 5th
our own
Baltimore's

2 in the 6th

Our own
Seattle's

1 in the 7th

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This SCREAMS that Jurassic Park gif...."You did it...you really did....You crazy S.O.B., you really did it!"

NO ONE thought he could pull this off without giving up a pick to sweeten the deal. Wow.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

My question now us if QB is possible in the first round this year?

The picks are moot. You have the same poor coaching staff who can't develop players coaching them and the same dull GM drafting them. This is literally the definition of insanity.

There was no better time to start with a clean slate and fire everyone.

I think we're going to throw Ngauoke a godfather offer. At least put it out there

Man oh man, Caldwell is making some sweet lemonade out of the rotten lemons he's had to work with this offseason. To get any cap relief from Foles plus a decent draft pick is a huge win. 

If he has a draft like last year's, I'd consider it a Long Island Ice Tea type of offseason. Or at least an Arnold Palmer on the rocks. 

I applaud the Schobert signing, and Dennard signing gives Herndon some meaningful competition for #2 corner.

The Jags still need to acquire at least one veteran space-eating DT to pair with another high-pick DT to shore up the run D. 

I'm almost thinking Darius could return now on a team-friendly deal. Just saw that Danny Shelton got a two-year $8M deal with the Lions to replace Snacks Harrison. I could see Snacks landing here for about that much or Darius on an incentive-laden deal. There's not going to be a huge market for Darius with his injuries last year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 01:46 PM by MikePete54.)

(03-18-2020, 01:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Had to be done. The question now is what the hell are they going to do with 11 picks? And they still have Ngakoue's situation that needs to be addressed. I guess they'll be moving up in the draft some how.

We have 12 by my count.

Two in the first round

20 (from the Rams)

1 on the 2nd

1 in the 3rd

Our own 73

3 in the 4th round
Our Own
Denver's
Chicago's

2 in the 5th
our own
Baltimore's

2 in the 6th

Our own
Seattle's

1 in the 7th

We have 3 picks in the 5th. Rams 5th round pick from the Dante trade.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/fo...aguars.htm

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 01:47 PM by ShivanWurm.)

Colts offered us a 5th apparently. Pushed Chicago to up to a 4th.

(03-18-2020, 01:42 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:40 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Last I heard we are still eating 17 mil in dead cap money.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/12...54273?s=21

Even more than was first reported

(03-18-2020, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:39 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You should know by now 

All the bad things were Coughlin's fault
All good things are thanks to Caldwell

Yes, these people praise their GM for getting draft picks for the guys he brought in on huge contracts.

It is like the Twlight Zone around here. This franchise has literally made its fans apathetic

Yes, I praise him.  This is an unbelievable home run.

I'll remind everyone, he drafted Foles' replacement in advance in the 6th damn round last year.  I'm predicting a lot more sunshine around here in the coming months, so you better take cover.

We'll see what happens I guess next month. Hopefully Caldwell and Marrone can hit on more than one player and several positions in this draft.

To answer Bullseye's question earlier about the QB position. Who would they trade up for? And who are you going to out trade? Bengals are getting Burrow. Not a fan of Herbert. Tagovailoa maybe? You would have to get up to Washington to get him before Miami had a chance. And my stomach would turn if they picked Tagovailoa over Chase Young at DE with the 2nd overall pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

18 Mill is not a bad hit to clear the books.

(03-18-2020, 01:29 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...5342370824

How the ever-living...?

Dave may have his issues as a GM, but the man knows how to get something for a QB worth nothing. A six for Gabbert, who sucked, and a four for Foles, who isn't bad, but carries that massive contract.

Geez I need to get Dave to come with me next time I buy a car

And now Gardner can go into the rest of the offseason with zero doubt about whose team this is.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 01:57 PM by TJBender.)

(03-18-2020, 01:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: My question now us if QB is possible in the first round this year?

Doubt it. Minshew has earned a year to show us what he can do. If he reverts to playing like a Jaguar next year, odds are the team is 4-12ish and we've still got the Rams' first round pick in 2021 as part of a package for Lawrence.

Things are looking up a little.
Who'd a thought it?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

lol... how about them Jags? so stupid...so freaking stupid...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-18-2020, 01:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: My question now us if QB is possible in the first round this year?

Was wondering the same thing, and I think the answer is yes, but at #20, not #9.  If Love or Herbert fall, there's a chance.

I would also, absolutely, take a chance on Jalen Hurts in the 3rd if he's still around.

(03-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: lol... how about them Jags? so stupid...so freaking stupid...

Getting rid of an often injured liability AND getting a 4th rounder in return? That's just amazing.

And now you get to witness a quarterback that's actually good.

Brilliant news. Getting a pick and rid of that contract is magic

(03-18-2020, 01:45 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: We have 12 by my count.

Two in the first round

20 (from the Rams)

1 on the 2nd

1 in the 3rd

Our own 73

3 in the 4th round
Our Own
Denver's
Chicago's

2 in the 5th
our own
Baltimore's

2 in the 6th

Our own
Seattle's

1 in the 7th

We have 3 picks in the 5th. Rams 5th round  pick from the Dante trade.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/fo...aguars.htm

Unless I misread the link you posted (not unusual for me these days), we still have two, because we traded our own pick for Joshua Dobbs last year.

NFL Network just said we have 12 picks.