Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

Then that means you gotta judge Trevor Lawrence the same manner too.

3 ints?

BuuuuuuuuuuuuSSSSSSSSSStttttttttttt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 09:19 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2021, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rainbows! Unicorns!

I wouldn't say that, but I do think this is a bit over the top after one game.

Did anybody see the Packers game?  Did they look 'prepared'?

The Packers have a history of winning. That is a huge difference. We haven't consistently been a winner in decades. Jags fans have pessimism etched into their souls, because for many, many years, all we know is losing. We were told the defense would be much better this year and then we turn around and get blown out by a team that on paper, was the worst in the NFL. Having a much better defense and a franchise QB were the only positives we had and now we find out one of those was false advertising. We allowed 37 points to the Texans! We have a stretch of very good opponents coming up, so why should there be any optimism? If we get blown out by the worst team on our schedule, why should we believe we can beat the good teams?

(09-16-2021, 09:17 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Then that means you gotta judge Trevor Lawrence the same manner too.

3 ints?

Is that solely how you judge a rookie QB? If so, it's a very poor standard to set.

(09-16-2021, 09:17 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Then that means you gotta judge Trevor Lawrence the same manner too.

3 ints?

Umm...    no.

(09-16-2021, 09:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I wouldn't say that, but I do think this is a bit over the top after one game.

Did anybody see the Packers game?  Did they look 'prepared'?

The Packers have a history of winning. That is a huge difference. We haven't consistently been a winner in decades. Jags fans have pessimism etched into their souls, because for many, many years, all we know is losing. We were told the defense would be much better this year and then we turn around and get blown out by a team that on paper, was the worst in the NFL. Having a much better defense and a franchise QB were the only positives we had and now we find out one of those was false advertising. We allowed 37 points to the Texans! We have a stretch of very good opponents coming up, so why should there be any optimism? If we get blown out by the worst team on our schedule, why should we believe we can beat the good teams?

3 ints?

Is that solely how you judge a rookie QB? If so, it's a very poor standard to set.

So your comments apply to only your first set of reasoning but not the second?  We also have a history of bust quarterbacks.  So why not freak out here as well?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 09:36 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

This might be the best pass rush we face all season. Shelby Harris, Dremont Jones, Bradley Chubb and Von Miller. That is a scary bunch of pass rushers. All I care about is that Trevor comes out of this game healthy.

(09-16-2021, 09:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Packers have a history of winning. That is a huge difference. We haven't consistently been a winner in decades. Jags fans have pessimism etched into their souls, because for many, many years, all we know is losing. We were told the defense would be much better this year and then we turn around and get blown out by a team that on paper, was the worst in the NFL. Having a much better defense and a franchise QB were the only positives we had and now we find out one of those was false advertising. We allowed 37 points to the Texans! We have a stretch of very good opponents coming up, so why should there be any optimism? If we get blown out by the worst team on our schedule, why should we believe we can beat the good teams?

So your comments apply to only your first set of reasoning but not the second?  We also have a history of bust quarterbacks.  So why not freak out here as well?

Common sense. He is a rookie who had minimal playing time in a shortened preseason where his #1 receiver (Chark) was injured and unable to play any of those games. He is behind the worst O-Line in the NFL, he had no running game, his defense gave up 37 points and he was forced to pass the ball 51 times in his first real NFL game. Factoring in all those variables and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that he was probably gonna struggle.

(09-15-2021, 12:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Then take it to the modis already..

Yup.. Andy Reid was just dying to come here until they hired Meyer. I heard Reid was so depressed he went on suicide watch.

I'm fine with tossing Meyer off the Modis, but that seems a bit extreme.

The worst thing to happen to this franchise was the failure of Khan and Caldwell to pay whatever it took to get Andy Reid to come here and instead settled on Bobblehead. We continue to suffer from that miscalculation.

ded

(09-16-2021, 09:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This might be the best pass rush we face all season. Shelby Harris, Dremont Jones, Bradley Chubb and Von Miller. That is a scary bunch of pass rushers. All I care about is that Trevor comes out of this game healthy.

(09-16-2021, 09:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So your comments apply to only your first set of reasoning but not the second?  We also have a history of bust quarterbacks.  So why not freak out here as well?

Common sense. He is a rookie who had minimal playing time in a shortened preseason where his #1 receiver (Chark) was injured and unable to play any of those games. He is behind the worst O-Line in the NFL, he had no running game, his defense gave up 37 points and he was forced to pass the ball 51 times in his first real NFL game. Factoring in all those variables and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that he was probably gonna struggle.

Once again, applying to one question and not the other.

(09-15-2021, 12:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:28 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Let the mediocrity continue! Actually, it's not even mediocrity.. it's straight garbage.

That's what you're constantly saying with these comments.

Then take it to the modis already..

(09-15-2021, 12:35 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Get rid of Meyer.

The Coach that will bring the Superbowl to Jax is right around the corner.... right?

Yup.. Andy Reid was just dying to come here until they hired Meyer. I heard Reid was so depressed he went on suicide watch.

I ask this in all seriousness.

Why do you choose to read a thread titled as this one is, and then take umbrage with posters who echo the sentiment? Do you have any commentary or discussion about the topics at hand, or do you log in solely to gripe about the few people who are still committed enough to this team to want to engage in discussion, commiseration, prediction, or the like?

It gets just as tired to hear you bellyaching about the few posts we have to read as it is to hear everyone bellyaching about our continued futility. It's just the others' sentiments are being aimed at a franchise, while yours are directed at the very community you attempt to engage with. I can handle taking issue with a troll, or getting peeved if a person posts the exact comment in every thread, but come on.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 09:48 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Off topic:

Just woke up a little bit ago, had some nyquil still in my system because of a cold, did anyone else hear or see something about a roof coming to the stadium? I think it was on news4jax.. or was it just the nyquil?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 09:55 AM by Jagwired. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-16-2021, 09:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Off topic:

Just woke up a little bit ago, had some nyquil still in my system because of a cold, did anyone else hear or see something about a roof coming to the stadium? I think it was on news4jax.. or was it just the nyquil?

Major announcment Thursday

https://twitter.com/RoofClaimUS/status/1...hursday%2F
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-16-2021, 09:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

Thank you.. i thought i was just still on a nyquil high..

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 10:04 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(09-16-2021, 07:46 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Trolls. Stop the negativity already. Let the season play out without complaining all the time about EVERYTHING. Sheesh

I actually don’t think anyone here is trolling for what it is worth. I would imagine if we come out Sunday and beat Denver (or just play a good game), many people in this thread would be happy.

The problem for me personally is I see more bad than good decisions leading into the year. Those are my opinion of course. If the results on the field are good, I am happy to have them shut me up. However, when I carry that opinion into the first game and see my team get crushed in embarrassing fashion, it starts to validate/ strengthen my opinion.
Honestly, the funny part to me is that I can say that about multiple years with this franchise. I may not come here to dance around the fire that is burning our hopes to the ground each year but it's fun to read the meltdowns. Hell this board always has fans who praise and fans who have had about enough. Still no SB wins but we'll have some non championship team to compare too and complain about each year anyway until we win one. Rinse repeat and just bring ya popcorn each day you login here lmao.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 10:14 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-16-2021, 09:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This might be the best pass rush we face all season. Shelby Harris, Dremont Jones, Bradley Chubb and Von Miller. That is a scary bunch of pass rushers. All I care about is that Trevor comes out of this game healthy.

Once again, applying to one question and not the other.

I just explained the clear difference. If you can't recognize the distinctions in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you. They are not the same situations. These are completely different issues.

(09-16-2021, 09:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

"roof expers" 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47uszqtfmfa6ez3po3y3...y.gif&ct=g]

(09-16-2021, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Major announcment Thursday

"roof expers" 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47uszqtfmfa6ez3po3y3...y.gif&ct=g]

But it says free candy.. may be worth the risk

(09-16-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Once again, applying to one question and not the other.

I just explained the clear difference. If you can't recognize the distinctions in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you. They are not the same situations. These are completely different issues.

No, you supported only your stance.  I can just as easily say it was a highly successful college head coach's first NFL game.  If you can't recognize the similarities in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you.

(09-16-2021, 10:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just explained the clear difference. If you can't recognize the distinctions in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you. They are not the same situations. These are completely different issues.

No, you supported only your stance.  I can just as easily say it was a highly successful college head coach's first NFL game.  If you can't recognize the similarities in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you.
While I don't completely disagree with your logic, it's the job of the Head Coach to have the team prepared and ready to play.  The pre-snap penalties and the penalties that brought back positive yardage plays made the job of being a rookie QB more difficult than it would have been had the Head Coach (and staff) done their jobs better. Urban failing in his job contributed to Lawrence looking worse than he would have if the team was "ready to play".

(09-16-2021, 10:39 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 10:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: No, you supported only your stance.  I can just as easily say it was a highly successful college head coach's first NFL game.  If you can't recognize the similarities in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you.
While I don't completely disagree with your logic, it's the job of the Head Coach to have the team prepared and ready to play.  The pre-snap penalties and the penalties that brought back positive yardage plays made the job of being a rookie QB more difficult than it would have been had the Head Coach (and staff) done their jobs better. Urban failing in his job contributed to Lawrence looking worse than he would have if the team was "ready to play".

Rico is referring to the crazy overreaction.  If we need to get rid of Meyer after one NFL game, then Trevor is clearly a bust for throwing 3 interceptions in said game.

(09-16-2021, 10:39 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 10:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: No, you supported only your stance.  I can just as easily say it was a highly successful college head coach's first NFL game.  If you can't recognize the similarities in the circumstances, then I don't know what to tell you.
It's a thin line and a dumb hill to debate on. Our line has been horrible no matter who the coach was last yr, before that, and now this year. Being a rookie HC at this level and having experienced NFL Personnel around you not blowing him up about these same issues is not all on him. Yes, he should have the team prepared and yes the team should reduce penalties. We have 2 OCs, well 3 with urbz dang near, and still had a horrible game plan on offense. Blaming him like he should have known all these things and been close to an expert on how to fix or patch them in one offseason and not even 1st full year yet is laughable. Even the tenured coaches we have had have struggled. Heat up some more popcorn.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-16-2021, 10:46 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 10:39 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: While I don't completely disagree with your logic, it's the job of the Head Coach to have the team prepared and ready to play.  The pre-snap penalties and the penalties that brought back positive yardage plays made the job of being a rookie QB more difficult than it would have been had the Head Coach (and staff) done their jobs better. Urban failing in his job contributed to Lawrence looking worse than he would have if the team was "ready to play".

Rico is referring to the crazy overreaction.  If we need to get rid of Meyer after one NFL game, then Trevor is clearly a bust for throwing 3 interceptions in said game.

Bingo