Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

Wonder if Detroit considers keeping Hutchinson in state with the first pick?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2021, 10:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Wonder if Detroit considers keeping Hutchinson in state with the first pick?

He would definitely be a player that the Lion's fans would love to have. The Jaguars' game tomorrow, as well as their upcoming games against Houston and the Jets will likely determine whether they will have the opportunity to take either Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. One of these two defensive studs would have to be the top player on their board when the Jags pick. Either would significantly strengthen the pass rush and overall defense.

It's not just that Hutch is awesome, it's also that his skill set is absolutely perfect lined up across from Josh Allen. If the Jags somehow lucked into 1.01 I am taking Hutch over Thibs.

(11-27-2021, 10:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Wonder if Detroit considers keeping Hutchinson in state with the first pick?

It wouldn't surprise me at all. It's becoming very obvious to me that the "cream of the crop" in next year's draft will be the edge rushers and WR's with a few CB's, DT's and ILB's thrown in. I know a lot of teams need QB's, but the other positions in the draft are so strong, it will be hard to justify reaching for a QB when there are still elite players at other positions still on the board. I could see a lot of the "top" QB prospects who are projected to be first round picks, falling to round 2. None of the QB's are what I would consider "elite" prospects.

(11-27-2021, 10:58 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

He would definitely be a player that the Lion's fans would love to have. The Jaguars' game tomorrow, as well as their upcoming games against Houston and the Jets will likely determine whether they will have the opportunity to take either Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. One of these two defensive studs would have to be the top player on their board when the Jags pick. Either would significantly strengthen the pass rush and overall defense.

I'm not worried. Even if those two guys are gone, this is a very strong edge rusher class. Guys like David Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson, Cameron Thomas, Sam Williams, Drake Jackson and Isaiah Foskey will be available a little later. Any of those guys would be a significant upgrade over what we have. This class is gonna be deep. I'm really excited. I just hope Meyer and Baalke don't screw it up like they did in the last draft.

Lmao Hutch had 15 pressures yesterday. He needs to be a Jaguar.

Kayvon Thibodeaux playing tonight in the Pac-12 Championship on National TV. I'm gonna be paying close attention to him, since there is a now a very real possibility he might be on the board when we pick. The emergence of Aiden Hutchinson, could allow Thibodeaux to be there at #2 and the way we are playing, that #2 overall pick could be right where we land.

(12-03-2021, 06:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Kayvon Thibodeaux playing tonight in the Pac-12 Championship on National TV. I'm gonna be paying close attention to him, since there is a now a very real possibility he might be on the board when we pick. The emergence of Aiden Hutchinson, could allow Thibodeaux to be there at #2 and the way we are playing, that #2 overall pick could be right where we land.

PAC-12 guy at #1 with this coaching staff gives me the night sweats. Give me the SEC guy any day of the week.

(12-03-2021, 09:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PAC-12 guy at #1 with this coaching staff gives me the night sweats. Give me the SEC guy any day of the week.

Hutchinson isn't SEC either...

(12-03-2021, 10:54 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 09:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PAC-12 guy at #1 with this coaching staff gives me the night sweats. Give me the SEC guy any day of the week.

Hutchinson isn't SEC either...

I'm taking the DT from Georgia if we pick in top 3.

(12-03-2021, 09:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 06:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Kayvon Thibodeaux playing tonight in the Pac-12 Championship on National TV. I'm gonna be paying close attention to him, since there is a now a very real possibility he might be on the board when we pick. The emergence of Aiden Hutchinson, could allow Thibodeaux to be there at #2 and the way we are playing, that #2 overall pick could be right where we land.

PAC-12 guy at #1 with this coaching staff gives me the night sweats. Give me the SEC guy any day of the week.

What SEC guy? The top 2 are Thibodeaux and Hutchinson? That's Pac-12 and Big Ten.

(12-03-2021, 12:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 10:54 AM)Upper Wrote: Hutchinson isn't SEC either...

I'm taking the DT from Georgia if we pick in top 3.

Jordan Davis is really good, but it really doesn't help us much overall. If you draft Jordan Davis and put him at NT, do you move DaVon Hamilton to DE? If so, Hamilton is not much of a pass rusher. He's like Davis, he's a run stuffer, so how does this help us significantly? To me, it kind of seems like a lateral move. You might get a little better at run stuffing, but that's not a major problem right now. You really only need one good NT and we already have one. We need pass rushers, WR's, ILB's, O-Linemen, help in the secondary and at TE. If we're picking at #3 and Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are gone, I'm trading down and adding extra picks. I fully expect us to end up in the #2 spot though.

So far, Thibodeaux getting neutralized by Utah's quick passing attack. They are getting the ball away as soon as the ball is snapped. Love the Utah Center, Nick Ford. Normally, when a Center has no defender in front of him, they just stand there. Not Ford. He goes and finds someone to hit. He has a mean streak that I love.

Tonite Thibideaux looks like just a guy. I agree the Utah game plan has mostly neutralized him. If you just went off this game and Hutch against Ohio State, Thibs is a distant second to Hutch. Do I dare say Ojabo looks better than Thibs? Mmmm. Perhaps but how much does Ojabo impress because he is opposite of Hutch, who gets a large portion of the offense’s attention. Tough call for me but I still say Hutch then Thibs followed by Ojabo. Have not seen Karlaftis play

But what is the Utah defense running? Is it 3-3-5? Or 4-2-5? Loyd looks ok at that linebacker spot but honestly Oregon’s Sewell looks just as good

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 12:29 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-03-2021, 11:27 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Tonite Thibideaux looks like just a guy. I agree the Utah game plan has mostly neutralized him. If you just went off this game and Hutch against Ohio State, Thibs is a distant second to Hutch. Do I dare say Ojabo looks better than Thibs?  Mmmm. Perhaps but how much does Ojabo impress because he is opposite of Hutch, who gets a large portion of the offense’s attention. Tough call for me but I still say Hutch then Thibs followed by Ojabo. Have not seen Karlaftis play

But what is the Utah defense running? Is it 3-3-5? Or 4-2-5? Loyd looks ok at that linebacker spot but honestly Oregon’s Sewell looks just as good

Thibs really wasn't getting any shots at the QB, because of Utah's fast tempo. They were getting the ball out so quickly. Right before halftime though, the Utah QB took a little extra time and did a short dropback to scan the field and Thibodeaux beat his man and got him for a clean sack. That's the kind of plays I like seeing. He's not gonna allow opposing QB's to sit back there and casually scan the field. After that sack, Utah went back to the quick passes. 

I'd be really happy with Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, but I also really like David Ojabo and I'm really, really high on Sam Williams of Mississippi. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him. He has experience playing DE and OLB during his college career and he is one of the top pass rushers in the nation with 12.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 15 TFL. If we could land him at the top of the 2nd round or even if we traded into the bottom of the first round to get him, I'd be ecstatic.

Utah runs a base 4-3 scheme most of the time, but they do mix it up a bit. Tonight they ran quite a bit of 4-2-5.

(12-04-2021, 12:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-03-2021, 11:27 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Tonite Thibideaux looks like just a guy. I agree the Utah game plan has mostly neutralized him. If you just went off this game and Hutch against Ohio State, Thibs is a distant second to Hutch. Do I dare say Ojabo looks better than Thibs?  Mmmm. Perhaps but how much does Ojabo impress because he is opposite of Hutch, who gets a large portion of the offense’s attention. Tough call for me but I still say Hutch then Thibs followed by Ojabo. Have not seen Karlaftis play

Thibs really wasn't getting any shots at the QB, because of Utah's fast tempo. They were getting the ball out so quickly. Right before halftime though, the Utah QB took a little extra time and did a short dropback to scan the field and Thibodeaux beat his man and got him for a clean sack. That's the kind of plays I like seeing. He's not gonna allow opposing QB's to sit back there and casually scan the field. After that sack, Utah went back to the quick passes. 

I'd be really happy with Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, but I also really like David Ojabo and I'm really, really high on Sam Williams of Mississippi. I think a lot of people are sleeping on him. He has experience playing DE and OLB during his college career and he is one of the top pass rushers in the nation with 12.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 15 TFL. If we could land him at the top of the 2nd round or even if we traded into the bottom of the first round to get him, I'd be ecstatic.

Utah runs a base 4-3 scheme most of the time, but they do mix it up a bit. Tonight they ran quite a bit of 4-2-5. I 

Thanks. I thought they were going 4-2-5 but wasn't sure. Rarely see Pac12 action. I gear you about Thibs though. Saw that sack and he made a few more plays but quite a number of times he looked confused and out of position. Still, that is the first time I saw a lot of him so am sure he showed oout just fine in other games. Still think I like Hutch better

(12-04-2021, 06:11 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 12:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Thibs really wasn't getting any shots at the QB, because of Utah's fast tempo. They were getting the ball out so quickly. Right before halftime though, the Utah QB took a little extra time and did a short dropback to scan the field and Thibodeaux beat his man and got him for a clean sack. That's the kind of plays I like seeing. He's not gonna allow opposing QB's to sit back there and casually scan the field. After that sack, Utah went back to the quick passes. 

Utah runs a base 4-3 scheme most of the time, but they do mix it up a bit. Tonight they ran quite a bit of 4-2-5. I 

Thanks. I thought they were going 4-2-5 but wasn't sure. Rarely see Pac12 action. I gear you about Thibs though. Saw that sack and he made a few more plays but quite a number of times he looked confused and out of position. Still, that is the first time I saw a lot of him so am sure he showed oout just fine in other games. Still think I like Hutch better

Barring injury, I think Hutchinson is a lock for the #1 pick. What he did in that Ohio State game was the stuff of legends. I'd love to see a match up between Michigan and Alabama. That electric passing game against the edge rushers of Michigan!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 07:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-04-2021, 07:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 06:11 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Thanks. I thought they were going 4-2-5 but wasn't sure. Rarely see Pac12 action. I gear you about Thibs though. Saw that sack and he made a few more plays but quite a number of times he looked confused and out of position. Still, that is the first time I saw a lot of him so am sure he showed oout just fine in other games. Still think I like Hutch better

Barring injury, I think Hutchinson is a lock for the #1 pick. What he did in that Ohio State game was the stuff of legends. I'd love to see a match up between Michigan and Alabama. That electric passing game against the edge rushers of Michigan!
That's what I just told my cousin.  I want to see Hutch vs Neal

(12-04-2021, 07:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 06:11 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Thanks. I thought they were going 4-2-5 but wasn't sure. Rarely see Pac12 action. I gear you about Thibs though. Saw that sack and he made a few more plays but quite a number of times he looked confused and out of position. Still, that is the first time I saw a lot of him so am sure he showed oout just fine in other games. Still think I like Hutch better

(12-04-2021, 07:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 07:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Barring injury, I think Hutchinson is a lock for the #1 pick. What he did in that Ohio State game was the stuff of legends. I'd love to see a match up between Michigan and Alabama. That electric passing game against the edge rushers of Michigan!

(12-04-2021, 07:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Barring injury, I think Hutchinson is a lock for the #1 pick. What he did in that Ohio State game was the stuff of legends. I'd love to see a match up between Michigan and Alabama. That electric passing game against the edge rushers of Michigan!

I believe Hutchinson would expose Neal. I really believe he would make him look silly, just like he has every other top OT he has faced this season. Ojabo would have a career day against Alabama's RT. That guy got obliterated by Auburn's pass rushers last week. Against Ojabo, he wouldn't stand a chance.

(12-04-2021, 08:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 07:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's what I just told my cousin.  I want to see Hutch vs Neal

I believe Hutchinson would expose Neal. I really believe he would make him look silly, just like he has every other top OT he has faced this season. Ojabo would have a career day against Alabama's RT. That guy got obliterated by Auburn's pass rushers last week. Against Ojabo, he wouldn't stand a chance.
I don't see that happening, I know you don't like Neal or any tackle with good size, we shall hopefully see.  Hutch hasn't played any tackle that's as good as Neal