Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

Meyer isn't going anywhere, despite what we all want, but someone has to be held accountable. Darrell Bevell has to go before Trevor Lawrence is ruined. This offense is pathetic!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-14-2021, 06:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Meyer isn't going anywhere, despite what we all want, but someone has to be held accountable. Darrell Bevell has to go before Trevor Lawrence is ruined. This offense is pathetic!

Bevell is the biggest issue for our offense.  He is the worst OC we've had in some time and we have had some bad ones

(11-14-2021, 06:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh you guys, Urban isn't the problem, if we had 53 probowlers we'd be undefeated.

moron we were losing before Urban Meyer.... take your urban jockstrap off.... and take your meds... next you'll be telling me we were one in 15 last year because of Urban Meyer....UDS You have it get some help

(11-14-2021, 06:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: moron we were losing before Urban Meyer.... take your urban jockstrap off.... and take your meds... next you'll be telling me we were one and 15 last year because of Urban Meyer....UDS You have it get some help

(11-14-2021, 03:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Wasting Trevor's talent.

This offense is pathetic.

are you all forgetting that we were 1-15 last year and we couldn't replace the whole roster..there's a reason why we were wanting 15 last year... It amazes me how many people out there lack simple common sense

Look coach, you had full roster control, a heap of draft picks and millions for free agency. You suck at your job.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-14-2021, 06:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Meyer isn't going anywhere, despite what we all want, but someone has to be held accountable. Darrell Bevell has to go before Trevor Lawrence is ruined. This offense is pathetic!

"Someone" doesn't need to be held accountable. Meyer needs to be held accountable. Unfortunately Shad being a pushover owner is his biggest flaw, so he won't be.

(11-14-2021, 06:40 PM)Upper Wrote:

"Someone" doesn't need to be held accountable. Meyer needs to be held accountable. Unfortunately Shad being a pushover owner is his biggest flaw, so he won't be.

Agreed, but it won't happen.

(11-14-2021, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ding Ding
https://twitter.com/BoldCityCap/status/1...9155459078

Man, dont let nejags guy see this.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-14-2021, 06:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh you guys, Urban isn't the problem, if we had 53 probowlers we'd be undefeated.

moron we were losing before Urban Meyer.... take your urban jockstrap off.... and take your meds... next you'll be telling me we were one in 15 last year because of Urban Meyer....UDS You have it get some help

(11-14-2021, 06:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: moron we were losing before Urban Meyer.... take your urban jockstrap off.... and take your meds... next you'll be telling me we were one and 15 last year because of Urban Meyer....UDS You have it get some help

(11-14-2021, 03:33 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Wasting Trevor's talent.

This offense is pathetic.

are you all forgetting that we were 1-15 last year and we couldn't replace the whole roster..there's a reason why we were wanting 15 last year... It amazes me how many people out there lack simple common sense

If only there were good FA's in the off-season like Trent Williams, Hunter Henry, Trey Hendrickson...
If only some of these players were available at the moment it was our turn to pick https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3247...rners-more

Poor Urban and Balkee there was nothing they could do...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-14-2021, 06:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 06:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ding Ding
https://twitter.com/BoldCityCap/status/1...9155459078

Man, dont let nejags guy see this.

so was it urban's fault that we were 1-
15 last year.... we were losing plenty of games before Urban became head coach.….. only an idiot with UDS would think that any head coach would come in and change what was going on in day one doesn't know football.... keep being a Monday morning quarterback and an armchair coach.... I've met more 4-year-olds with more common sense

(11-14-2021, 11:10 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 06:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Man, dont let nejags guy see this.

15 last year.... we were losing plenty of games before Urban became head coach.….. only an idiot with UDS would think that any head coach would come in and change what was going on in day one doesn't know football.... keep being a Monday morning quarterback and an armchair coach.... I've met more 4-year-olds with more common sense

Lol, you're such a doorknob.

Yo you mad kid?

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 12:52 AM by TheDuke007. Edited 2 times in total.)

Plenty of NFL teams make significant progress in one year.  Additionally, all rebuilds aren't the same.  We were 1-15 in 2020 because the team was rebuilding and was doing everything  possible to make huge gains in 2021.  We were clearing salary cap space.  We were trading veterans for draft picks.  We were rolling over unused salary cap funds.  All of this was designed around setting us up for success in 2021.  We went into this offseason with a bunch of extra draft picks.  We also had a ridiculous amount of money under the salary cap to spend on free agents.  A competent front office and coaching staff would have gotten more wins from this team.

@Well I'm convinced!@

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 03:28 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 12:51 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 11:10 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: so was it urban's fault that we were 1-

Plenty of NFL teams make significant progress in one year.  Additionally, all rebuilds aren't the same.  We were 1-15 in 2020 because the team was rebuilding and was doing everything  possible to make huge gains in 2021.  We were clearing salary cap space.  We were trading veterans for draft picks.  We were rolling over unused salary cap funds.  All of this was designed around setting us up for success in 2021.  We went into this offseason with a bunch of extra draft picks.  We also had a ridiculous amount of money under the salary cap to spend on free agents.  A competent front office and coaching staff would have gotten more wins from this team.

Competent front offices learn from the first time they took a flyer on a first time head coach. The fail is so epic with this franchise. Did Urbz even have stated goals or a plan? At least in the ice cream truck days the idea was to do a full rebuild and pick a side and give the other side a chance to develop. I just have no idea what is going on with this pitiful franchise. It is so hard being a fan of this team sometimes.

It is easy to laser lock on wins as the measure of success and they are nice but 10 games into the NFL season where is any indicator that future success is coming? That is the crushing part of yet another bad rebuild is the lack of something to show a future.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-15-2021, 03:27 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:51 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Plenty of NFL teams make significant progress in one year.  Additionally, all rebuilds aren't the same.  We were 1-15 in 2020 because the team was rebuilding and was doing everything  possible to make huge gains in 2021.  We were clearing salary cap space.  We were trading veterans for draft picks.  We were rolling over unused salary cap funds.  All of this was designed around setting us up for success in 2021.  We went into this offseason with a bunch of extra draft picks.  We also had a ridiculous amount of money under the salary cap to spend on free agents.  A competent front office and coaching staff would have gotten more wins from this team.

Competent front offices learn from the first time they took a flyer on a first time head coach. The fail is so epic with this franchise. Did Urbz even have stated goals or a plan? At least in the ice cream truck days the idea was to do a full rebuild and pick a side and give the other side a chance to develop. I just have no idea what is going on with this pitiful franchise. It is so hard being a fan of this team sometimes.

It is easy to laser lock on wins as the measure of success and they are nice but 10 games into the NFL season where is any indicator that future success is coming? That is the crushing part of yet another bad rebuild is the lack of something to show a future.

Lack of building blocks is a major issue for the current regime. 

Having the QB of the future puts them in better standing than half of the league, but looking around the rest of the roster, things get bleak quickly. 

There are needs or impending loss of starters at so many positions it's crazy.
And the scary part is how they already failed at addressing some of them in year one and will have to double down on the same spots next year. 

They botched CB, they botched LB, they were too content on OL, they can't figure out safety but may actually have the horses if they get their heads from their butts , they did too little at WR, and they completely [BLEEP] the bed at TE royally.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 04:55 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ok so i still don't think Myer is the HC to turn the franchise around into a winning team.   At the the same time though now that is not all this  we are getting better weekly,i really liked his comments yesterday after the lose.  

He said he doesn't like to say hes proud of the team in a loss,but he will yesterday due to early 17-0 despite. myers comment players could've laid down,and sucked thier thumb but didn't ,and kept playing. at the 3:22 mark is about were myer menttions  they could've sucked thier thumbs ,and left. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ2T6uSFzqU&t=318s

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 05:10 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Nah Wolf you got it wrong. I agree with Meyer that this team showed grit by coming back from that deficit. This Defense played great but the offense stayed in it's stagnant form. It was looking like a blowout but this team fought to get back into the game. If the offense was just average we probably would of won it.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

This deffense is getting sneaky good. Now the offense has to improve.

The problem with blaming Bevell is this; yes, I agree he is responsible for offensive woes, at least many of them. But that comes back on Urban. He can’t keep standing on the sidelines no pun intended, and being hands off. The buck stops with him. If he knows bevell is misusing talent, not fitting schemes to players, over utilizing Hyde and painfully misusing Robinson, etc then he needs to step in. There are three reasons he isn’t and all of them are painful to contemplate:

1. Urban is loyal to a fault, similar to Marrone, and hangs on to dead weight coaches
2. Urban doesn’t realize how terrible the scheming and play calls are and therefore woefully out of touch and / or not filled with football acumen like we’re led to believe.
3. Urban knows this but won’t step in and prefers to let him take the fall.
4. BONUS round: Urban thinks everything is great with Bevell, no need for changes or taking over play calling duties.

Not to be overly simple, but where are the slants. This is the best rout in football as far as I'm concerned and I see other teams do them all the time for a lot of success.