Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM

(02-07-2022, 04:15 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 03:42 PM)scottyg Wrote: Pretty much everyone has come to the conclusion that you are a close relation with Bevell.  If not, perhaps you're something of a psycho stalker kettle type who goes around hurling insults at the pot.

At the very least, you've become much more aggressive in your insulting tendencies in the past couple of days.  I expect you are on the way out, so don't let the door hit you...
Is "pretty much everyone" you and your two burner accounts? You began the slinging of the insults, so stick it up your ....

A few things to unpack here. 1) most of the board has come to the conclusion that you're either Bevell's burner, a close acquaintance etc. 2) most of the pot shots or insults usually start with your own posts. I agree with the other posters that it's gotten more frequent and to higher magnitudes. 3) There isn't another poster on this board who thinks Bevell is a good coach for the modern NFL or further, deserves a chance at HC or other top job. 4) You really do post about him an unsettling number of times.

If the rumors of burner/close relations aren't true ... why are you such a big fan of this guy that you've followed him all the way here after his previous tenures in Seattle & Detroit? Are you still going to stick around now that it's guaranteed he's gone with Pederson in the fold?

Also can you at least agree that Pederson > Bevell? ... This is the sanity litmus test right here.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 06:08 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-08-2022, 11:32 AM)Upper Wrote: I believe in building through the dline, not so much the oline. I would much rather have elite playmakers and an average OL than the other way around on offense.

If you have a true franchise QB you just need to have an average oline across the board. As we already saw, Trevor turned a horrible oline into one that was statistically not horrible.

The big thing is not having a glaring weakness on an oline. For example, the Bengals are getting their massive RG weakness hunted all game long. If we can manage to draft and sign one starting IOL each and then tag Cam and move him to RT I think we can have an average OL that Trevor can succeed behind just fine.

I admit I will have to do more research on this, but I don't recall any team fully adopting this approach.  When teams are committed to building through the trenches, they usually don't hesitate to address both sides of the ball with first round picks.

The Patriots were known for stocking up on DL in the first round (Seymour, Warren, Wilfork), even during the years they ran a 3-4.  However, they also spent first rounders on OL (Solder, Woody, Mankins).

During the Andy reid Era, the Eagles spent first round picks on DL (Corey Simon, Jerome McDougal, Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Broderick Bunkley) and OL (Shawn Andrews, Lane Johnson).

The Packers during the Wolf=Holmgren era of the 90s saw them spend first round picks on OL (Aaron Taylor, John Michels, Ross Verba) and DL (Vonnie Holliday).

The Dungy/McKay era Bucs spent first round picks on DL (Sapp, reagan Upshaw, McFarland) and only one on the OL (Kenyatta Walker).

But I can't think of any build from the trenches team that spent 1st rounders exclusively on DL and not OL.

In theory though, it could work.  Dallas built their great OL without spending a single first round pick on an OL.  Many other championship teams (San Francisco, Washington) spent a minimal amount of 1st round picks on the OL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-08-2022, 05:49 PM)SFiresky Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 04:15 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Is "pretty much everyone" you and your two burner accounts? You began the slinging of the insults, so stick it up your ....

A few things to unpack here. 1) most of the board has come to the conclusion that you're either Bevell's burner, a close acquaintance etc. 2) most of the pot shots or insults usually start with your own posts. I agree with the other posters that it's gotten more frequent and to higher magnitudes. 3) There isn't another poster on this board who thinks Bevell is a good coach for the modern NFL or further, deserves a chance at HC or other top job. 4) You really do post about him an unsettling number of times.

If the rumors of burner/close relations aren't true ... why are you such a big fan of this guy that you've followed him all the way here after his previous tenures in Seattle & Detroit? Are you still going to stick around now that it's guaranteed he's gone with Pederson in the fold?

Also can you at least agree that Pederson > Bevell?  ... This is the sanity litmus test right here.
So this must be Scottyg's burner or vice versa. Terminologies too intertwined to be anything but.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 06:25 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-08-2022, 06:01 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:49 PM)SFiresky Wrote: A few things to unpack here. 1) most of the board has come to the conclusion that you're either Bevell's burner, a close acquaintance etc. 2) most of the pot shots or insults usually start with your own posts. I agree with the other posters that it's gotten more frequent and to higher magnitudes. 3) There isn't another poster on this board who thinks Bevell is a good coach for the modern NFL or further, deserves a chance at HC or other top job. 4) You really do post about him an unsettling number of times.

Also can you at least agree that Pederson > Bevell?  ... This is the sanity litmus test right here.
So this must be Scottyg's burner or vice versa. Terminologies too intertwined to be anything but.

I love how you're using my own jest about being Darrel Bevell's burner back to me now like it's a reverse uno card. The terminologies used are football terms that most intelligent fans of the game utilize in their vernacular. Also i've been lurking on this board since 2006 & joined officially during 2008; this "scottyg" poster you talk about has been a part of the board for 2009 .... so to get this straight you're insinuating that 2 long time posters of over a decade plus each are "burners" for each other? Meanwhile your account joined this month .... yea if anyone here is a burner I think signs point to the poster who joined literally 2-3 weeks ago lol.

Also, as you always do, avoid giving any answer and just take a personal shot. So please enlighten us: Do you agree that Doug Pederson is a better coach and playcaller than Bevell???
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(02-08-2022, 06:21 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:01 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: So this must be Scottyg's burner or vice versa. Terminologies too intertwined to be anything but.

I love how you're using my own jest about being Darrel Bevell's burner back to me now like it's a reverse uno card. The terminologies used are football terms that most intelligent fans of the game utilize in their vernacular. Also i've been lurking on this board since 2006 & joined officially during 2008; this "scottyg" poster you talk about has been a part of the board for 2009 .... so to get this straight you're insinuating that 2 long time posters of over a decade plus each are "burners" for each other? Meanwhile your account joined this month .... yea if anyone here is a burner I think signs point to the poster who joined literally 2-3 weeks ago lol.

Also, as you always do, avoid giving any answer and just take a personal shot. So please enlighten us: Do you agree that Doug Pederson is a better coach and playcaller than Bevell???

Are you really trying to use time elements as a defense as to why one of your accounts couldn't be a burner? How ridiculous. Who cares which one is first as long as there's one puppet mistress working the strings?
And I like Pederson. I've stated that a few times.

(02-08-2022, 06:46 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:21 PM)Firesky Wrote: I love how you're using my own jest about being Darrel Bevell's burner back to me now like it's a reverse uno card. The terminologies used are football terms that most intelligent fans of the game utilize in their vernacular. Also i've been lurking on this board since 2006 & joined officially during 2008; this "scottyg" poster you talk about has been a part of the board for 2009 .... so to get this straight you're insinuating that 2 long time posters of over a decade plus each are "burners" for each other? Meanwhile your account joined this month .... yea if anyone here is a burner I think signs point to the poster who joined literally 2-3 weeks ago lol.

Are you really trying to use time elements as a defense as to why one of your accounts couldn't be a burner? How ridiculous. Who cares which one is first as long as there's one puppet mistress working the strings?

Pardon me, but you're an idiot with your 'burner account' accusations.  These guys have been here for years and you show up a month ago a make ridiculous accusations.  Of course, that probably makes ne a 'burner account' now.

Maybe it's because you have this weird fascination with Bevell and you're like the ONLY ONE?

Nah...that can't be it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-08-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:46 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Are you really trying to use time elements as a defense as to why one of your accounts couldn't be a burner? How ridiculous. Who cares which one is first as long as there's one puppet mistress working the strings?

Pardon me, but you're an idiot with your 'burner account' accusations.  These guys have been here for years and you show up a month ago a make ridiculous accusations.  Of course, that probably makes ne a 'burner account' now.

Maybe it's because you have this weird fascination with Bevell and you're like the ONLY ONE?

Nah...that can't be it.
Maybe you should mind your own business, you idiot.

(02-08-2022, 05:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Which is a good concept and one I really believe in. This is just a bad year to need an OT. The quality isn't there and I'm sick of drafting bad OT's.

So you still dislike Neal?

I think if we are stuck at 1, Neal or Ekwonu (if the team thinks he is a T) is the guy.  If so, I'm not sure I am opposed to either eventuality.

I am not impressed by Neal at all. He gets beat way too much. It's just that the Alabama QB was so good, he bailed Neal out. As far as Ekwonu, he is still the #1 OG on my board. Whether he can be an OT IMO, depends on what his official measurements are. If he is truly 6'4" or over, he'll be my #1 OT, but if he is even a tad under 6'4" I'm keeping him at OG. In any case, I'm taking the BAP at #1 and that is either Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, no exceptions.

(02-08-2022, 07:31 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Pardon me, but you're an idiot with your 'burner account' accusations.  These guys have been here for years and you show up a month ago a make ridiculous accusations.  Of course, that probably makes ne a 'burner account' now.

Nah...that can't be it.

Herp-derp....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-08-2022, 07:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you still dislike Neal?

I think if we are stuck at 1, Neal or Ekwonu (if the team thinks he is a T) is the guy.  If so, I'm not sure I am opposed to either eventuality.

I am not impressed by Neal at all. He gets beat way too much. It's just that the Alabama QB was so good, he bailed Neal out. As far as Ekwonu, he is still the #1 OG on my board. Whether he can be an OT IMO, depends on what his official measurements are. If he is truly 6'4" or over, he'll be my #1 OT, but if he is even a tad under 6'4" I'm keeping him at OG. In any case, I'm taking the BAP at #1 and that is either Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, no exceptions.

Given that Spielman likes to trade back on draft picks, what about if we traded back a little and got someone like Tyler Linderbaum who could play OG or center, and then some more players after that? That would give us some prime beef up front right away, as well as a future option for center.

I like the idea of getting Hutchinson, but I also like the thought of bulking up the line and grabbing some extra picks.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(02-08-2022, 08:36 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 07:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am not impressed by Neal at all. He gets beat way too much. It's just that the Alabama QB was so good, he bailed Neal out. As far as Ekwonu, he is still the #1 OG on my board. Whether he can be an OT IMO, depends on what his official measurements are. If he is truly 6'4" or over, he'll be my #1 OT, but if he is even a tad under 6'4" I'm keeping him at OG. In any case, I'm taking the BAP at #1 and that is either Hutchinson or Thibodeaux, no exceptions.

Given that Spielman likes to trade back on draft picks, what about if we traded back a little and got someone like Tyler Linderbaum who could play OG or center, and then some more players after that? That would give us some prime beef up front right away, as well as a future option for center.

I like the idea of getting Hutchinson, but I also like the thought of bulking up the line and grabbing some extra picks.

If we traded back, I would love that. I just don't see any way we trade back from #1 with no standout QB's in this draft. Linderbaum is my top Center prospect and currently, my #4 overall player. I have no problem targeting him or Ekwonu in a trade back scenario, just not #1 overall.

(02-08-2022, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 08:36 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Given that Spielman likes to trade back on draft picks, what about if we traded back a little and got someone like Tyler Linderbaum who could play OG or center, and then some more players after that? That would give us some prime beef up front right away, as well as a future option for center.

If we traded back, I would love that. I just don't see any way we trade back from #1 with no standout QB's in this draft. Linderbaum is my top Center prospect and currently, my #4 overall player. I have no problem targeting him or Ekwonu in a trade back scenario, just not #1 overall.

I can't see Linderbaum at #1 either but if we could trade back to 7-11 spots and got another good draft pick or two as well, I'd love to grab him. A really great center is hard to find. And you gotta love those Iowa linemen. 

I'm dreaming probably, but this seems to be Spielman's forte - it would be really cool to see the Jags doing some wheeling and dealing with some good decision making along the way.

(02-08-2022, 07:31 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Pardon me, but you're an idiot with your 'burner account' accusations.  These guys have been here for years and you show up a month ago a make ridiculous accusations.  Of course, that probably makes ne a 'burner account' now.

Nah...that can't be it.
You're still around?

Go give your daddy a hug and tell him it's OK, you'll go on every team's message board and social media to find a team that doesn't know that he sucks.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(02-08-2022, 05:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Which is a good concept and one I really believe in. This is just a bad year to need an OT. The quality isn't there and I'm sick of drafting bad OT's.

So you still dislike Neal?

I'm for Thibs or Hutch.  It's BAP.  Additionally, edge rusher is a premier position that often doesn't fall in the draft.  IMO, it's the most important position on defense, particularly with the emphasis in the NFL turning to the passing game.  Put pressure on the opposing quarterback and their offense will fall apart.  We need someone at that position to play opposite Allen.  

I understand that the team needs more work on offense, but we have free agency and the rest of the draft to address.  Have we given up on Walker Little as left tackle?  Jawaan Taylor sucks, but it's easier to find a right tackle.  We can franchise tag Cam as a stop gap if we can't find a better option.

(02-08-2022, 10:23 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 05:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you still dislike Neal?

I'm for Thibs or Hutch.  It's BAP.  Additionally, edge rusher is a premier position that often doesn't fall in the draft.  IMO, it's the most important position on defense, particularly with the emphasis in the NFL turning to the passing game.  Put pressure on the opposing quarterback and their offense will fall apart.  We need someone at that position to play opposite Allen.  

I understand that the team needs more work on offense, but we have free agency and the rest of the draft to address.  Have we given up on Walker Little as left tackle?  Jawaan Taylor sucks, but it's easier to find a right tackle.  We can franchise tag Cam as a stop gap if we can't find a better option.

you're so right about free agency. Who knows what players will be available at what positions in FA, let alone which players will come to Jacksonville. I don't think they've given up on Little. The question is do they want to dump $18 million on Cam or do they dump him and get a high draft choice lineman. And if they can get a beast pass rusher in FA, that approach becomes a little easier.

(02-08-2022, 10:34 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:23 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I'm for Thibs or Hutch.  It's BAP.  Additionally, edge rusher is a premier position that often doesn't fall in the draft.  IMO, it's the most important position on defense, particularly with the emphasis in the NFL turning to the passing game.  Put pressure on the opposing quarterback and their offense will fall apart.  We need someone at that position to play opposite Allen.  

you're so right about free agency. Who knows what players will be available at what positions in FA, let alone which players will come to Jacksonville. I don't think they've given up on Little. The question is do they want to dump $18 million on Cam or do they dump him and get a high draft choice lineman. And if they can get a beast pass rusher in FA, that approach becomes a little easier.

Are we drafting Neal #1 overall to play right tackle?  It feels like if we draft Neal that we are giving up on Little as a left tackle.

(02-08-2022, 10:18 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 07:31 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Maybe you should mind your own business, you idiot.
You're still around?

Go give your daddy a hug and tell him it's OK, you'll go on every team's message board and social media to find a team that doesn't know that he sucks.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Wrong account, Midge

(02-08-2022, 10:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:34 PM)Sibelius Wrote: you're so right about free agency. Who knows what players will be available at what positions in FA, let alone which players will come to Jacksonville. I don't think they've given up on Little. The question is do they want to dump $18 million on Cam or do they dump him and get a high draft choice lineman. And if they can get a beast pass rusher in FA, that approach becomes a little easier.

Are we drafting Neal #1 overall to play right tackle?  It feels like if we draft Neal that we are giving up on Little as a left tackle.

I was thinking that if we drafted Neal, we were giving up on Cam.

Trading down from 1 would be miraculous, and then wasting that by taking an undersized center would be the most because jaguars thing ever.

(02-08-2022, 11:10 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 10:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Are we drafting Neal #1 overall to play right tackle?  It feels like if we draft Neal that we are giving up on Little as a left tackle.

I was thinking that if we drafted Neal, we were giving up on Cam.

Both Neal and Little can't play left tackle at the same time.  Either you are drafting Neal to play right tackle or you are giving up on Little as a left tackle by moving him to right.  It's not awful, but we're effectively giving up the opportunity to draft a premier edge rusher for a right tackle.  I think right tackles are much easier to find.