Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

(11-03-2022, 03:56 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It really sucks that he can't play this season. After looking over the Falcons message board and at his stats, it seems in 2021 he was pretty average and then left for "mental health" issues shortly prior to his suspension. So on one hand, if he can come in and play like he did in 2020 we got a stud for pennies. If not we don't lose much, but it just sucks to have to wait a full year to find out.

31 catches in 5 games in 2021 extrapolates out to around 90 for year. The average was down, but how much of that was Ryan falling off the cliff and new coach Arthur Smith's scheme changes? I'd say he was on pace in 2021 for another strong season considering the limitations of the QB and new coach that year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2022, 04:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 03:56 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It really sucks that he can't play this season. After looking over the Falcons message board and at his stats, it seems in 2021 he was pretty average and then left for "mental health" issues shortly prior to his suspension. So on one hand, if he can come in and play like he did in 2020 we got a stud for pennies. If not we don't lose much, but it just sucks to have to wait a full year to find out.

31 catches in 5 games in 2021 extrapolates out to around 90 for year. The average was down, but how much of that was Ryan falling off the cliff and new coach Arthur Smith's scheme changes? I'd say he was on pace in 2021 for another strong season considering the limitations of the QB and new coach that year.

I didn't realize he was as productive as he was relatively speaking until I saw his stats. You have to think he might have been distracted too last year if he sensed they were figuring out he was betting (this the mental health thing). Hopefully he'll take this fresh start as a motivational factor and kick it up even more.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2022, 09:54 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2022, 09:40 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlbEOPv-gSc

Awesome video explains a lot... Also kind of touches on why Peterson is doing what he's doing on the pass/run situation... Peterson saying that this wasn't going to be a quick fix which we all heard when he said it but some have since forgotten... And how this team didn't know how to watch film or even practice when he came in.... This is going to be a pass first team and the team has got to learn how to do it and it's not going to happen overnight...

(11-03-2022, 09:40 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: Awesome video explains a lot... Also kind of touches on why Peterson is doing what he's doing on the pass/run situation... Peterson saying that this wasn't going to be a quick fix which we all heard when he said it but some have since forgotten... And how this team didn't know how to watch film or even practice when he came in.... This is going to be a pass first team and the team has got to learn how to do it and it's not going to happen overnight... So there's going to be a lot of ups and downs taking punches and a lot of fails but how else are you going to learn... Like Doug said It's got to be coached... the right players have to be put in place and it's not going to happen overnight

I heard this on 1010xl yesterday and was floored.  While i'm sure there were a few new and holdover veterans that knew how to practice, it really speaks to the absolute chaos and dysfunction that went on last year.  How they even won 3 games is a small miracle.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2022, 09:49 AM by nejagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Can you explain?  If he's on the Jaguars roster, why wouldn't the Jaguars pay it?

Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.

Awesome video explains a lot... Also kind of touches on why Peterson is doing what he's doing on the pass/run situation... Peterson saying that this wasn't going to be a quick fix which we all heard when he said it but some have since forgotten... And how this team didn't know how to watch film or even practice when he came in.... This is going to be a pass first team and the team has got to learn how to do it and it's not going to happen overnight... So there's going to be a lot of ups and downs taking punches and a lot of fails but how else are you going to learn....It's got to be coached... the right players have to be put in place and it's not going to happen overnight

(11-03-2022, 09:46 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 09:40 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: Awesome video explains a lot... Also kind of touches on why Peterson is doing what he's doing on the pass/run situation... Peterson saying that this wasn't going to be a quick fix which we all heard when he said it but some have since forgotten... And how this team didn't know how to watch film or even practice when he came in.... This is going to be a pass first team and the team has got to learn how to do it and it's not going to happen overnight...

I heard this on 1010xl yesterday and was floored.  While i'm sure there were a few new and holdover veterans that know how to practice, it really speaks to the absolute chaos and dysfunction that went on last year.  How they even won 3 games is a small miracle.

I mean I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad... It is amazing we won three games... But it just goes to show how this team has really completely started fresh this year... It's going to take time but I think we're on the right track

(11-02-2022, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 01:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I would too and I can't see Engram being desperate to get out. Gesicki would cost an awful lot more if Miami let him get to the market. 

I wasn't sure how much Engram had left in him after leaving New York but I've been impressed so far.

He's on pace for an 800 yard season. 

Would probably put Engram's year at 3rd or 4th all time in single season receiving yards by a Jags TE. 
LOL
That’s amazing. I looked up Marcedes stats and was surprised by his receiving yardage totals. My recollection was off. I thought he was putting up bigger yards than he was. 

Engram is having a very nice year.

engram really is, thru 8 games has only like 300 yards less than Lewis at his highest total. and 20 less receptions.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2022, 11:04 AM by Caldrac.)

(11-03-2022, 10:32 AM)icey14 Wrote: engram really is, thru 8 games has only like 300 yards less than Lewis at his highest total. and 20 less receptions.
Lewis also played on an offense that was run centric with no outside help to take the spotlight off of him in the passing game.

He should still be in Jacksonville. Just like Fred Taylor and Daryl Smith. All of those guys should have finished as Jaguars.

I think Engram and Arnold have been disturbingly underutilized this year. When Pederson was hired I kept highlighting the use of the TE position in his offense.

It's been very limited. Arnold sees screens his way maybe once or twice every other week or two. Engram, IMHO, does not get used enough as a "move" type athlete for that position.

He's more capable of doing things along the lines that Kelce and Kittle do. Meaning, you can move him into the slot, outside and into the backfield for misdirection plays.

It's rare he's split outside or motioned into the backfield. They seem to try to always get him down the seam or on a crosser here and there.

At some point, you need to have him and Etienne doing things route wise and motion wise to flood one side of the field or force a defense to rotate coverages. Especially in that 25 yard range from the endzone.

It's frustrating that it's been mostly the same gun [BLEEP] over and over again. Not enough RPO plays with Lawrence. They need to open the playbook up more. Especially if you're deadset on throwing it 30, 40 times per game.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jaguars need to draft a stud first round receiver. Ridley is a great gamble, but Ridley, the top receiver of the draft, and Kirk would be a lot more promising.

(11-03-2022, 04:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Good point, just hope the mental thing isn't an issue

(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Can you explain?  If he's on the Jaguars roster, why wouldn't the Jaguars pay it?

Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.

Good video - thanks.

Wow, if they could pry Higgins away from the Bengals this offseason... There's the big body/good hands receiver this offense could use. Ridley provides speed/explosiveness hopefully... could be fun.

(11-03-2022, 11:56 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.

Good video - thanks.

Wow, if they could pry Higgins away from the Bengals this offseason... There's the big body/good hands receiver this offense could use. Ridley provides speed/explosiveness hopefully... could be fun.
I can't imagine the Bengals letting Higgins go for any reason. I wish but I don't think it's going to happen. Boyd has a better shot at leaving than Higgins.

(11-03-2022, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 11:56 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Good video - thanks.

I can't imagine the Bengals letting Higgins go for any reason. I wish but I don't think it's going to happen. Boyd has a better shot at leaving than Higgins.
I can’t imagine either. It would have to fully be a salary cap decision. I’m not sure when Higgins is due to get paid either.

This team always offering us next year. Even though I knew it was bad, I can't believe it is worse than my imagination.

This franchise is historically bad and I can't believe we got here.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-03-2022, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 11:56 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Good video - thanks.

Yeah. Agreed. Boyd would be the most likely available receiver next off season. I think they have to go WR early next year. Everybody is trying to pencil in CB. I dont know about that.

I think Williams and Campbell are competent on the outside. Go draft you a new slot corner on day three. Riley Moss would be a good candidate in RD4 or RD5 there.

But, Johnston, Perry or Demus Jr. have to be RD1 and RD2 targets.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-03-2022, 12:04 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: This team always offering us next year. Even though I knew it was bad, I can't believe it is worse than my imagination.

This franchise is historically bad and I can't believe we got here.

Read your sig and take that deep breath.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-03-2022, 12:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I can't imagine the Bengals letting Higgins go for any reason. I wish but I don't think it's going to happen. Boyd has a better shot at leaving than Higgins.
Yeah. Agreed. Boyd would be the most likely available receiver next off season. I think they have to go WR early next year. Everybody is trying to pencil in CB. I dont know about that.

I think Williams and Campbell are competent on the outside. Go draft you a new slot corner on day three. Riley Moss would be a good candidate in RD4 or RD5 there.

Who is everybody?  I don't think they draft for position, especially in round 1.  I hope we don't pass on Jalen Carter

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/trev...dley-trade

"I am really excited for him right now. He's doing whatever he needs to do but I know he's working. I think he's going to be one of the most conditioned players in the National Football League next year," Allen said.

"Somebody who's gonna be determined to hit the stage rolling, think he is going to be in a contract here as well. So I know he's gonna be even more determined than ever. And I'm excited for him and for Trevor, I am excited for his offense, and he's gonna help us out a whole bunch."

(11-03-2022, 12:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 12:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Agreed. Boyd would be the most likely available receiver next off season. I think they have to go WR early next year. Everybody is trying to pencil in CB. I dont know about that.

Who is everybody?  I don't think they draft for position, especially in round 1.  I hope we don't pass on Jalen Carter
Locals. Hicken this morning and Prosser were debating on it after looking at a current big board I think.

(11-03-2022, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 12:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is everybody?  I don't think they draft for position, especially in round 1.  I hope we don't pass on Jalen Carter
Locals. Hicken this morning and Prosser were debating on it after looking at a current big board I think.

Do did they say we should take?

(11-03-2022, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Locals. Hicken this morning and Prosser were debating on it after looking at a current big board I think.

Do did they say we should take?
Hicken is big on Carter. Prosser is split at the moment.