Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will become the best QB of this franchise

I didn't mean you posted that he was bad, I meant you posted that he looked like a real QB during last preseason, nothing like Gabbert. Also, I've been seeing people say Gabbert was good during the '12 preseason. i don't think so. He barely played the first game, had one good game in the second game, and then was the usual him the last 2 iirc. Bortles has never loooked anything like Gabbert to me at any point in the last 2 years.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I didn't mean you posted that he was bad, I meant you posted that he looked like a real QB during last preseason, nothing like Gabbert. Also, I've been seeing people say Gabbert was good during the '12 preseason. i don't think so. He barely played the first game, had one good game in the second game, and then was the usual him the last 2 iirc. Bortles has never loooked anything like Gabbert to me at any point in the last 2 years.

It was good for our standards. Plus when we are starving that much, it's not hard to believe something that's not actually there.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I'll bump this thread up and say that if Bortles has good blocking and his receivers do what they should, he can be really really good.

He is somewhat raw still, but you can tell he has the tools to make him great. He and the team has to keep working hard and improve, but this win goes a long way for the confidence of everybody.

AR15 played a hell of a game too. 6 catches for 155 yards and 1 TD. Lee also looked pretty well.

Bring back Julius when he is healthy and this offense can be formidable.

Quote:Bortles has definitely put in the necessary hard work to better his game this offseason and it has definitely shown in game. His stock is pointing in the right direction and it can only get better with his progression. 

I feel like we have found THE quarterback that we need, who can take us to the next level. He is our FRANCHISE QB. Also, his national perception will change positively - and subsequently our team - but that is something that does not matter. Winning does.

Now let's work with the players around him to get our team where we need them to be. Playoff contenders.

Go Jags!
your optimism is simultaneously endearing... and frightening.  

Quote:your optimism is simultaneously endearing... and frightening.  
That's what a fan is all about, right?

Don't you play the game to win? Everyone wants to become playoff contenders - to have a chance at the Superbowl. 

We need a winning mentality and we should not expect anything less.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015, 09:38 PM by enigma.)

For a second year player, Blake has done a hell of a job and it does help that AR15 and Hurns are producing very well too...

So far he is ranked 8th in the NFL standings for passing yards.

Shore up the run and pass blocking with the offensive line, and fix the mental mistakes (players and coaches), and our offense could be dominant... We could see a strong offensive output with our young group of players in the next coming years.

BB getting love in the media after the Bucs game despite the fact that the team is 1-4 in a seperate article they are one of the teams least likely out of it as they say with Blake the team has a chance to turn it around.

Quote:BB getting love in the media after the Bucs game despite the fact that the team is 1-4 in a seperate article they are one of the teams least likely out of it as they say with Blake the team has a chance to turn it around.
That's the another step in the right direction in his journey in becoming our franchise QB that we have been looking for.

Bortles has thrown for 30 TDs on the season, as a second year QB with a questionable offensive line. 

This guy is good, regardless of what the knee jerkers say. 

Oh, by the way, the game is not over yet. 

31?

Quote:Bortles has thrown for 30 TDs on the season, as a second year QB with a questionable offensive line. 

This guy is good, regardless of what the knee jerkers say. 

Oh, by the way, the game is not over yet. 

31?
My question now is can he hit 40 by season's end?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:My question now is can he hit 40 by season's end?
It's quite possible in my opinion.

If he doesn't get 40, he will be really close to it... Like 38 or 39 TDs. 

What a great feeling to finally have a very good QB. He's only in his second year, along with the other young weapons we have on this team. 

WOOOOOOOO!

BORTLES WITH THE 50-BURGER TD RUN AGAINST THE CLOTS!!!!

Great game today! No more second half threads EVER.

I said it already but he already IS the best QB this team has ever had.

Quote:BORTLES WITH THE 50-BURGER TD RUN AGAINST THE CLOTS!!!!

He's tremendous!!!!!!!!!

But KYJag said Teddy was a better QB!! And he has a blog. Should listen to him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:But KYJag said Teddy was a better QB!! And he has a blog. Should listen to him..

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I would like for KYjaggy and baconator to chime in here.

That won't happen.

This win feels good ladies and gent's!!!

Bortles is turning heads around the league in a storm. 

Teddy check down will be a backup in 2 years. A lot of idiots on message boards. Bortles is easily the best player of the 2014 draft

The win was nice, but Blake's continued progress is key. We need to fix the LT position.