Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
[LIVE] ***Official Jaguars Vs. Panthers Preseason Game Night Thread***

(08-24-2017, 06:08 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I got my case of beer ready for this one...

If Allen comes out and looks good again I'm going to be disgruntled.

Allen looking good against players that probably won't have a job next weekend doesn't mean anything.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In other news, Shad Khan has said he would have no problem bringing in Colin Kaepernick.

(08-24-2017, 06:08 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I got my case of beer ready for this one...

If Allen comes out and looks good again I'm going to be disgruntled.

I'm pulling out the Sailor Jerry. I have a feeling I'm going to need every bit of the 92 proof it offers.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-24-2017, 06:11 PM)BklynJag Wrote: In other news, Shad Khan has said he would have no problem bringing in Colin Kaepernick.

Never going to happen.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

please football god for the jaguars sake to not invite a media circus into this team at this time. We managed to get rid of Gus, we managed to solidly hit on a 1st round pick in Ramsey, we finally seem to have a quality defense, Please do not ruin all of that with a media circus, Please Please please just let bortles miraculously get better and have a good season and become a viable starter in this league. We have all been through so much allow these qb controversy to end.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-24-2017, 06:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 06:11 PM)BklynJag Wrote: In other news, Shad Khan has said he would have no problem bringing in Colin Kaepernick.

Never going to happen.

Just telling you what he said.

(08-24-2017, 06:21 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 06:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Never going to happen.

Just telling you what he said.

Link?

I'm hearing the game maybe delayed due to lightning in the area even though kickoff isn't until 7:30. We just had a storm come through about 2 hours ago. Smh
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(08-24-2017, 06:23 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: I'm hearing the game maybe delayed due to lightning in the area even though kickoff isn't until 7:30. We just had a storm come through about 2 hours ago. Smh

It's been kind of "rumbling and grumbling" around here (near NAS Jax) for about the past hour.  It sounds like the storm cell moved east (possibly NE) towards the stadium.  I wouldn't think that it would cause a delay.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 06:29 PM by haveaseat.)

(08-24-2017, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 06:21 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Just telling you what he said.

Link?

[Image: 6CqOUHXG_normal.jpg]Mike Dempsey @md_1010xl
Just saw Jags owner Shad Khan. Asked him if his football people recommended signing Kaepernick, would he be OK w/ it. Answer: "Absolutely."
4:45 PM - Aug 24, 2017 · Florida, USA

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 06:30 PM by Jags.)

(08-24-2017, 06:28 PM)haveaseat Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Link?

Just saw Jags owner Shad Khan. Asked him if his football people recommended signing Kaepernick, would he be OK w/ it. Answer: "Absolutely."

Khan is the same guy that wanted Tim Tebow IIRC. Just saying. Not to mention that he's saying he'd be ok with it IF his football people say it's best for the team. That's a big IF

Khan wants to win so can't blame him for reaching.

can we get a standing "O" when Henne takes the field? Maybe even a Henne chant?

I hope Chad shuts the naysayers up. Blame it on the henne!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 06:36 PM by Jags.)

(08-24-2017, 06:30 PM)uthill Wrote: Khan wants to win so can't blame him for reaching.

Well, to his defense, all he did was answer a question posed to him. Didn't look like he sought out the reporter and told them he wanted kap

Not giving me the option to quote you "jaguarmvp" but I'm with you.

I wonder how many of his "football people" recommend Kaepernick?  My guess is 0.

It's not gonna happen.

(08-24-2017, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 06:23 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: I'm hearing the game maybe delayed due to lightning in the area even though kickoff isn't until 7:30. We just had a storm come through about 2 hours ago. Smh

It's been kind of "rumbling and grumbling" around here (near NAS Jax) for about the past hour.  It sounds like the storm cell moved east (possibly NE) towards the stadium.  I wouldn't think that it would cause a delay.
 @ESPNdirocco Officials have cleared the field and fans are being encouraged to seek shelter because... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Smh
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 06:48 PM by Jags.)

Hey, let's all play a drinking game. We all do a shot whenever Henne or Blake throw a TD... I mean, after all some of us have to work tomorrow

We can even take shots after each successful field goal

The game will be streamed on the official Jaguars website correct?

The problem with "news" like this is that it gets taken out of context pretty quickly.

First question.  Honestly.  Do you think Shad Khan even knows who Kaepernick is?

Second question.  He was asked if "his football people" recommended it.  As a CEO or leader of a business, you are going to go with what your people working for you recommend.

I would bet and almost say without a doubt that Shad Khan's "football people" do not and will not recommend Kaepernick as an option.

Twitter is the big spreader of fake news.