Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Game QB discussion

If you honestly have to even have this argument, it means it's close. If it's close, you play the guy who doesn't have a 19 million dollar injury risk and doesn't throw a pick 6 just about every other game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2017, 10:33 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:29 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This.
Blake threw 2 interceptions yesterday against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm good with him riding the pine.

He threw one interception and it hit Hurns in the hip and hands and was taken away from him.

(08-25-2017, 10:40 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:33 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Blake threw 2 interceptions yesterday against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm good with him riding the pine.

He threw one interception and it hit Hurns in the hip and hands and was taken away from him.
So we don't count the interception he threw when going for 2?

How many batted passes are there last night? Two or three in the half on Henne? Fortunately for him none were picked, but lots of batted passes is asking for it to happen.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 10:56 AM by Jest101.)

(08-25-2017, 10:52 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: How many batted passes are there last night? Two or three in the half on Henne? Fortunately for him none were picked, but lots of batted passes is asking for it to happen.

(08-25-2017, 10:40 AM)Frailbones Wrote: If you honestly have to even have this argument, it means it's close. If it's close, you play the guy who doesn't have a 19 million dollar injury risk and doesn't throw a pick 6 just about every other game.

Logical points.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 12:02 PM by FreeAgent01.)

(08-25-2017, 10:52 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: How many batted passes are there last night? Two or three in the half on Henne? Fortunately for him none were picked, but lots of batted passes is asking for it to happen.

One of those deflected passes was off the back of Cann's head, even while he was bent over and overextended in pass pro.

(08-25-2017, 10:48 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:40 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: He threw one interception and it hit Hurns in the hip and hands and was taken away from him.
So we don't count the interception he threw when going for 2?

No. It was a 2 point conversion.

Besides, did you want him to throw the ball away there?

The struggles of this offense do not solely rest on the quarterback. Brady would look bad playing on this offense.

And if you think Coughlin will begin his new tenure by trotting out Chad Henne on opening day your crazy. There is no way the front office will pin their faint hopes of any success on a career backup that has proven to be just that. Like it or not Bortles will be starter when all is said and done and they will live or die with the results.

(08-25-2017, 01:05 PM)JagFox1 Wrote: The struggles of this offense do not solely rest on the quarterback.  Brady would look bad playing on this offense.

I disagree. We often have open receivers and a pair of QB who cannot make the reads to get them the ball. Instead, it's thrown into double coverage. Brady makes those throws 10/10.

I only saw one. He tried to dump it off over the middle to Ivory and threw the ball squarely into the back of Cann's helmet. 

It was pretty awful.

Then he jumped up and batted it onto the turf. It was volleyball. I gawked.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(08-25-2017, 01:11 PM)FJohnson Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:05 PM)JagFox1 Wrote: The struggles of this offense do not solely rest on the quarterback.  Brady would look bad playing on this offense.

I disagree. We often have open receivers and a pair of QB who cannot make the reads to get them the ball. Instead, it's thrown into double coverage. Brady makes those throws 10/10.

We must be watching different games then, I guess. Our receivers rarely get separation. Vastly overrated. Not saying they are bad, but they are league average.

Every Bortles and Henne pass
'02

After watching, then re-watching the broadcast of last night's game, I kind of lean towards Bortles.   Sick  Quite frankly neither quarterback looked "spectacular" and I would make my decision based on age/youth.

In the meantime a decision needs to made regarding Allen.  Either start developing him more to fill the backup spot (or possibly, eventually the starting spot) or move on from him.  While he has looked good in preseason, keep in mind that he's played with/against players that probably won't be on an NFL roster this season.  I could be wrong about this, but I think he's primarily been used as an "arm" for setting up game plans against opposing teams.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-25-2017, 02:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: After watching, then re-watching the broadcast of last night's game, I kind of lean towards Bortles.   Sick  Quite frankly neither quarterback looked "spectacular" and I would make my decision based on age/youth.

In the meantime a decision needs to made regarding Allen.  Either start developing him more to fill the backup spot (or possibly, eventually the starting spot) or move on from him.  While he has looked good in preseason, keep in mind that he's played with/against players that probably won't be on an NFL roster this season.  I could be wrong about this, but I think he's primarily been used as an "arm" for setting up game plans against opposing teams.

I agree. I'm thinking Blake needs to be looking over his shoulder at Allen... not Henne.

1. Bortles
2. Allen
3. Henne
<--keep inactive as emergency qb
'02

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 03:15 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-25-2017, 01:11 PM)FJohnson Wrote:  Brady makes those throws 10/10.

1 ?

Spacecoastjag is probably on suicide watch

Bortles ability to see the field is extremely concerning.

Every throw is an adventure. It's easy to see why a guy like Marrone would have issues with him.

(08-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Every Bortles and Henne pass

Watching that, I come away with this conundrum:

- Bortles throws that intermediate out route better than Henne and isn't afraid to do it. It's a productive route with A-Rob, Lee and Hurns. 
But his timing and accuracy on all of the short stuff (slants, TE or RB check downs, screens) is really, really bad. 

- Henne hit his man twice on the deep ball quite nicely. (one was dropped) 
But he's shown a frustrating unwillingness to do so in the regular season. (maybe that's changing? don't know.)

- They both made good decisions and bad decisions though Blake's bad ones were more catastrophic. 

- Henne is comfortable making multiple reads while Blake is not, but the line isn't really giving him time to do it half the time. 
And he may just be a bit too slow/indecisive at doing so anyway.  

Bortles will take chances that pay off big, but will do so at the cost of picks. Henne will take few chances but still make enough dumb decisions that you wonder if it's worth "playing it safe" and starting him over Blake.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM by 13Coronas.)

I went to the replays of both of BB5 pics and saw, both check downs were wide open, Corey Grant should be waving his hand or YELLING
like BB5 had to throw to the covered receiver and not use the check down
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”