Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2017, 10:54 PM by copycat.)

What an episode! When does next season begin?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-27-2017, 10:53 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I just don't want to wait until next July for new episodes lol

Hearing rumors it may be 2019.

It could end up being 2019. Which is a bummer. BUT, they've been talking about doing a spin-off or two that ties back into the past events of what's going on now currently in Game of Thrones. It would be pretty cool if they decided to kind of do what AMC did with "Fear the Walking Dead".

They could opt to release that new spin-off next year around this same time to get fans excited about what's to come and then a few months later in early 2019 around January or February they could run season eight. I would be fine with this.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-28-2017, 07:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It could end up being 2019. Which is a bummer. BUT, they've been talking about doing a spin-off or two that ties back into the past events of what's going on now currently in Game of Thrones. It would be pretty cool if they decided to kind of do what AMC did with "Fear the Walking Dead".

They could opt to release that new spin-off next year around this same time to get fans excited about what's to come and then a few months later in early 2019 around January or February they could run season eight.  I would be fine with this.

True. There's also rumors the Bethesda is working on a GOT RPG which would be fantastic.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Man... Those family trees get tricky...

[Image: FB_IMG_1503411103379.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

So much incest lol
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

The awkward part was them having sex while Bran telling us officially she's his Aunt lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 12:32 PM by Caldrac.)

It's very weird. Incest is "normal" though in the Targaryen blood line to an extent since their's a need to keep the blood line "pure". Not sure how that ties into magic and Dragons though.

I think it'll be funny if and when Bran reveals to Jon that Daenerys is his aunt. Either his Stark/Moral part of his personality will say "Nope, can't be bangin' me aunt now..." or his Targaryen/Fire part of his personality will say "Well, at least she's not my sister and it's normal in this family any way". It'll be interesting.

LOL. It could be a minor theme in season eight for maybe an episode or two where he gives into his morals in the beginning and lets it go in favor of being with her any way.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Dany bent the knee for Jon last night...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

So, an undead dragon melts the ice wall, Arya cuts Littlefinger's throat, Tyrion somehow avoids getting crushed by The Mountain, Jaime defies Cersei and you creeps focus on the incest.

I like it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-28-2017, 03:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: So, an undead dragon melts the ice wall, Arya cuts Littlefinger's throat, Tyrion somehow avoids getting crushed by The Mountain, Jaime defies Cersei and you creeps focus on the incest.

I like it.

Did you expect anything less from us?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Watching Arya slit Littlefingers throat was the hi-lite of the night for me. I was thinking like most of us I am sure "Come on Sansa not again" It was a great arc!

As for the incest, saw a great meme today. The caption was : Season 1 incest...Ewww! Season 7 incest...Yeah baby!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-28-2017, 07:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It could end up being 2019. Which is a bummer. BUT, they've been talking about doing a spin-off or two that ties back into the past events of what's going on now currently in Game of Thrones. It would be pretty cool if they decided to kind of do what AMC did with "Fear the Walking Dead".

They could opt to release that new spin-off next year around this same time to get fans excited about what's to come and then a few months later in early 2019 around January or February they could run season eight.  I would be fine with this.

There's so many places they could go to do spin offs.  Dunk and Egg, the end of the Targaryen dynasty/Robert's Rebellion, the war with the First Men and Children of the Forest thereby showing exactly how/why the white walkers came to be, and the Doom of Valyria.  The war would be a nice background season if they chose to run something else between season 7 and 8.  A lot of potential material if they choose to keep riding that GoT name after the series is done.

(08-28-2017, 02:44 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Dany bent the knee for Jon last night...

Both of them in fact.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-28-2017, 11:44 AM)mvannostran Wrote: The awkward part was them having sex while Bran telling us officially she's his Aunt lol

Exactly my thought. Lol. I was like- dang.

I'm a little confused. Is the zombie mountain trained in "fake" signals? Was anyone else expecting Jamie to get split in half there?

(08-28-2017, 11:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm a little confused. Is the zombie mountain trained in "fake" signals? Was anyone else expecting Jamie to get split in half there?

I was. And it's confusing as hell. Jaime walked away like a boss though. "I don't believe you".  Cool

Cersei is a wildcard in the final season now.

Pretty crazy that Aegon Targaryen (A.K.A. Jon Snow) is responsible for the collapse of the wall and likely millions of deaths. The wall held the WW back for centuries. Why were they suddenly going to pass the wall all of a sudden?

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 08:32 AM by Caldrac.)

It's history repeating itself or at least simultaneously. You would have to really delve into the books to understand the history of everything. It's pretty deep and extensive lore wise.

But ultimately Jon's father Rhaegar became infatuated and obsessed at a young age with this prophecy regarding "The Prince That Was Promised". Azor Ahai is basically this savior that's supposed to come into play with Lightbringer and defeat the Night's King back into a peace treaty or agreement to end the long night.

The prophecy was foretold around Rhaegar's time. He believed it. And basically the prophecy states that the hero would have to come from his bloodline as a Targaryen. Specifically from Aerys and his wife's bloodline. Technically the Children of the Forest are responsible for the Night King's creation and his abilities.

But if you ever get bored this year while waiting on the show to return you should check out the Bran theories. The idea is that Bran is essentially Bran the Builder (who fixed the wall in the past after it was taken down by the Night's King) and that he's also possibly the Night's King himself. The idea and concept is that Bran is somehow effecting the past and present at the same time and history is being repeated or written at the same time in real time. The Three Eyed Raven and Jojen Reed warned him about staying too long in his visions and warging abilities because he could become lost or trapped and never return to his present time. I feel that's the direction this is headed in for the final season. I think Bran is going to warg himself too far gone and he'll get trapped inside the Night King or something to that effect.

It's a very big theory. But I recommend checking it out. I've read all the books and mini series and graphic novels. I love the hell out of it. It has so much detail and little hints and clues that make you want to go back and read it again and again. Right now I am reading the World of Ice & Fire again which really breaks it down for you. There's a lot of answers right there in black and white that GRRM laid out for us to figure out.