Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

One day away! I'm rewatching season 6 as I type this.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have Roku and it's advertising the crap out of it- or at least HBO is. The background is the Iron Throne. I forgot is was coming back this weekend. I thought about waiting until the end of the season and binge watch the whole thing but it's too easy to get spoiled.

Season 6 is streaming now on HBO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The North Remembers
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-16-2017, 11:47 PM)HHard_Eight Wrote: The North Remembers

Hell yes it does.

Disappointed a bit in some of the writing (specific bits of dialogue were weak) and the decision to cast a pop star in a role for some stupid reason, but I'm enjoying where the narratives of Arya, Sandor (the Hound) are heading.

I'm also interested to see how things come together now that we can assume that Dany and Jon Snow are apparently brother and sister and share multiple common enemies.

Didn't even notice the pop star until I saw a headline about it this morning.

Where do you get that Dany and Jon are siblings? I must have missed that.

(07-17-2017, 05:55 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Didn't even notice the pop star until I saw a headline about it this morning.

It was brought up last season some how. I can't remember the specifics. They're either cousins or half siblings. Google it and you'll get all kinds of info. I guess I will have to because I can't remember.

The Hound is one of my favorite characters.

I love that Brienne can't stand Tormund but he's got the hots for her in a big way. It's just fun to see bits of it in the middle of all the serious stuff.

Who was the dude with the burned arm that asked Sam about Dany? 

Did we see Stannis in the place Dany and Tyrion were standing at the end? I think that was his war room for a while. 

I feel like I should have watched S6 again. Maybe I will this week. We have triple digit temperatures coming which gives me a great excuse to stay inside and binge watch.

(07-17-2017, 09:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Who was the dude with the burned arm that asked Sam about Dany? 

That was the guy that was in love with Dany.  The ex-solider dude who was her right hand man, fell in love with her, kidnapped the midget, and eventually got banished.  He got touched by that leper and is now turning into one himself.

(07-17-2017, 10:04 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 09:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Who was the dude with the burned arm that asked Sam about Dany? 

That was the guy that was in love with Dany.  The ex-solider dude who was her right hand man, fell in love with her, kidnapped the midget, and eventually got banished.  He got touched by that leper and is now turning into one himself.

Oh yeah, Jorah. Turning into one of the stone men. I knew I recognized his voice a bit but couldn't place him. Thanks!

(07-17-2017, 05:55 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Didn't even notice the pop star until I saw a headline about it this morning.

The three eyed raven had two different flashback looks at the time Ned Stark attempted to go find his sister who had run away with Rhaegar Targaryen (Dany's father.)  The boy they had was entrusted to Ned as his sister was dying from the childbirth. 
(07-17-2017, 09:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

It was brought up last season some how. I can't remember the specifics. They're either cousins or half siblings. Google it and you'll get all kinds of info. I guess I will have to because I can't remember.

The Hound is one of my favorite characters.

I love that Brienne can't stand Tormund but he's got the hots for her in a big way. It's just fun to see bits of it in the middle of all the serious stuff.

Who was the dude with the burned arm that asked Sam about Dany? 

Did we see Stannis in the place Dany and Tyrion were standing at the end? I think that was his war room for a while. 

I feel like I should have watched S6 again. Maybe I will this week. We have triple digit temperatures coming which gives me a great excuse to stay inside and binge watch.

(07-17-2017, 10:04 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

That was the guy that was in love with Dany.  The ex-solider dude 
who was her right hand man, fell in love with her, kidnapped the midget, and eventually got banished.  He got touched by that leper and is now turning into one himself.

Jorah Mormont. A former knight and Lord that had been banished and eventually became a spy. 

Interesting to note his relation to the young Lady Lyanna Mormont who was so essential in rallyng the North behind the Starks.

Isn't Dany Jon Snow's aunt, not sibling?

The war room in Dragonstone was where the red priestess conceived the creepy spirit thing with Stannis,, that killed Renly, no?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-17-2017, 11:35 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Isn't Dany Jon Snow's aunt, not sibling?

The war room in Dragonstone was where the red priestess conceived the creepy spirit thing with Stannis,, that killed Renly, no?

Ah-ha!  Yes. You are correct about that relationship. My mistake. 

And yes, I think you are correct on the war room as well. That was my recollection as well.

Yeah ok, I remember that lol

This long between seasons makes it hard to keep up...shoulda rewatched last season.

Wait, does this mean Bran knows Jon is a Targaryen? I would assume so.

(07-18-2017, 01:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Wait, does this mean Bran knows Jon is a Targaryen? I would assume so.

I believe so, he saw it all in a vision, though it isn't clear if he heard what was whispered.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Stay tuned on the Jorah Mormont at the citadel bit.

Some super-geeks apparently freeze-framed the moments when Sam Tarly was reading through the books he swiped.
One of the pages (opposite the one with the dragon stone map) talked about the uses of dragon stone when crushed and ingested orally as a cure to many ailments.

Like .... maybe .... greyscale? Remember the princess Shireen was disfigured by greyscale, but had stopped it from progressing. Where did she live? On top of a mountain of dragonstone.

So Bran crossing the wall isn't going to bring it down I guess?

(07-19-2017, 09:57 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 01:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Wait, does this mean Bran knows Jon is a Targaryen? I would assume so.

I believe so, he saw it all in a vision, though it isn't clear if he heard what was whispered.

Bran's pretty sharp, I'd say he could put 2 and 2 together even without hearing what was whispered. It seemed pretty clear that Ned took the baby (there's a good chance he stayed and saw Ned leave, which we didn't get in the show), and Bran knows it's Lyanna's. He knows the story about Rhaegar giving his favor to Lyanna and the reported events that followed. I suppose without hearing what was whispered we can't know for sure it was Rhaegar, though there aren't a whole lot of other (logical) suspects.

I also really dig the guy playing Euron. He's not on the side I want to see win, but I hope he sticks around for a while.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017, 11:13 PM by BigJag57.)

SPOILERS!!!

How about that opening though? It was fantastic to see Arya get revenge on behalf of her family.

The opening, the middle, and the finish were fantastic.

Bonus points if you got the Harry Potter reference in there too.

Bonus points if you got the Harry Potter reference in there too.