Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Advice thread

Figured I'd make a thread for everyone to ask for advice/opinions on matchups, players, etc. 

I'll start first: PPR league flex

Kelvin Benjamin or Michael Crabtree

I have Crabtree starting for now. I'm not sure I trust Cam to get him the ball consistently this early, even if he does have a great matchup.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 10:31 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-09-2017, 10:25 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Figured I'd make a thread for everyone to ask for advice/opinions on matchups, players, etc. 

I'll start first: PPR league flex

Kelvin Benjamin or Michael Crabtree

I have Crabtree starting for now. I'm not sure I trust Cam to get him the ball consistently this early, even if he does have a great matchup.

I agree. Crabtree was definitely Carr's go to guy in the redzone last year. He outscored Amari Cooper last year even though Cooper is generally taken much higher. I think you're doing the smart thing. 

I'm starting.....

Dak Prescott

Jordan Howard

Kareem Hunt (already scored 56 points)

Davante Adams

Antonio Brown

Jamison Crowder

Brandon McManus

Atlanta Falcons

I really wanna win this league. I've been in it for 17 years. I've been to 5 championships and lost 5 times. I'm the Buffalo Bills of my league.

Going forward in a PPR League with Allen Robinson hurt, would you pick up Marqise Lee or Allen Hurns?

(09-11-2017, 11:28 AM)Brett Wrote: Going forward in a PPR League with Allen Robinson hurt, would you pick up Marqise Lee or Allen Hurns?
Neither. You don't want any Jags WRs this season. This is a ball control offense with a great defense.

Gun to my head though? Lee.

(09-11-2017, 02:27 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 11:28 AM)Brett Wrote: Going forward in a PPR League with Allen Robinson hurt, would you pick up Marqise Lee or Allen Hurns?
Neither. You don't want any Jags WRs this season. This is a ball control offense with a great defense.

Gun to my head though? Lee.

Thanks, yeah. I know we are a run first team now but me being a homer...I always believe in our WR. Guess I need to leave my bias aside, lol.

PPR I might go Hurns. Lee is going to be used to stretch the field while Hurns will be more of the chain mover guy IMO. That being said, all of my leagues are PPR and I drafted Lee late in all of them since o expected him to have a big year regardless.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I traded Ajayi for Fournette today
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Can't decide on this. 1/2 PPR. Flex spot. Dez Bryant vs Broncos or Thomas Rawls vs 49ers?

Thanks.

(09-16-2017, 08:02 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Can't decide on this. 1/2 PPR. Flex spot. Dez Bryant vs Broncos or Thomas Rawls vs 49ers?

Thanks.

I'd go Dez. Too much "hot hand" going on in Seattle right now IMO. You know Dez is going to get targeted a lot.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 11:52 PM by realtorpat.)

(09-16-2017, 03:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I traded Ajayi for Fournette today

only thing I don't like about that trade is you traded a guy who has already had his bye for a guy who has one upcoming, basically lost 2 weeks over the course of your fantasy season to bye weeks at one position.

(09-11-2017, 02:47 PM)mvannostran Wrote: PPR I might go Hurns. Lee is going to be used to stretch the field while Hurns will be more of the chain mover guy IMO. That being said, all of my leagues are PPR and I drafted Lee late in all of them since o expected him to have a big year regardless.

Kind of been having this debate all week.  Hurns is the safe play, Lee is the guy that could blow up.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Would you trade Cooks for Keenan Allen? PPR. I'm thinking yes.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-20-2017, 08:46 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Would you trade Cooks for Keenan Allen? PPR. I'm thinking yes.

I'd probably do it.  The injury issue with Allen has been overblown, they've been bad luck and not a recurring thing.  He'll probably be far more consistent than Cooks, and his playoff matchups (WSH, @KC, @NYJ) are pretty nice.  I do think Cooks will rebound and look more like the guy everyone expected with their 2nd round pick, and his playoff matchups (@MIA, @PIT, Buf) are nice too.  At this point, I just think Allen will be the far more consistent ~15-25 points each week.  Cooks probably more likely to get you that 30+ point game though.

I'm in a pickle this week with my RB's. Kareem Hunt is a definite RB1, but my RB2 (Jordan Howard) is unlikely to play because of a shoulder injury. If he does, Tarik Cohen is probably gonna get the bulk of the snaps until he is 100%. That leaves me with LeGarrette Blount who had zero carries last week, D'onta Foreman who I fully believe will be starting for the Texans by the end of the year, but currently is limited to a backup role and Alvin Kamara. Kamara is getting quite a bit of work as a receiver out of the backfield and in my custom league, we get double points for receptions or passes by a RB, runs or passes by a WR and runs or receptions by a QB. I'm thinking Kamara's ability to catch passes gives me the most upside. I don't wanna drop any of my current RB's just yet, so I have to pick somebody. Any suggestions?

(09-21-2017, 12:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm in a pickle this week with my RB's. Kareem Hunt is a definite RB1, but my RB2 (Jordan Howard) is unlikely to play because of a shoulder injury. If he does, Tarik Cohen is probably gonna get the bulk of the snaps until he is 100%. That leaves me with LeGarrette Blount who had zero carries last week, D'onta Foreman who I fully believe will be starting for the Texans by the end of the year, but currently is limited to a backup role and Alvin Kamara. Kamara is getting quite a bit of work as a receiver out of the backfield and in my custom league, we get double points for receptions or passes by a RB, runs or passes by a WR and runs or receptions by a QB. I'm thinking Kamara's ability to catch passes gives me the most upside. I don't wanna drop any of my current RB's just yet, so I have to pick somebody. Any suggestions?

Gross. I'd go Kamara over all of them, but there's no one available and you're not willing to drop any player? Hell Chris Ivory would be a good play in a double RB PPR league.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-21-2017, 12:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm in a pickle this week with my RB's. Kareem Hunt is a definite RB1, but my RB2 (Jordan Howard) is unlikely to play because of a shoulder injury. If he does, Tarik Cohen is probably gonna get the bulk of the snaps until he is 100%. That leaves me with LeGarrette Blount who had zero carries last week, D'onta Foreman who I fully believe will be starting for the Texans by the end of the year, but currently is limited to a backup role and Alvin Kamara. Kamara is getting quite a bit of work as a receiver out of the backfield and in my custom league, we get double points for receptions or passes by a RB, runs or passes by a WR and runs or receptions by a QB. I'm thinking Kamara's ability to catch passes gives me the most upside. I don't wanna drop any of my current RB's just yet, so I have to pick somebody. Any suggestions?

No dice getting Buck Allen or Chris Thompson off waivers eh?

If you gotta choose a 3rd RB (what about a WR if it is your flex?)
I'd go with Kamara... but only cuz I know the other two will get less than 5 points. Kamara will probably get 5..

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 02:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-21-2017, 08:01 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Gross. I'd go Kamara over all of them, but there's no one available and you're not willing to drop any player? Hell Chris Ivory would be a good play in a double RB PPR league.

Chris Ivory against that Ravens defense? I don't think so. I only get 1 pt. for every 10 yards rushing and 2 pts for every 10 yards receiving or passing by a RB, so Ivory wouldn't do me much good.

(09-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Kane Wrote:

No dice getting Buck Allen or Chris Thompson off waivers eh?

If you gotta choose a 3rd RB (what about a WR if it is your flex?)
I'd go with Kamara... but only cuz I know the other two will get less than 5 points. Kamara will probably get 5..

It's an extremely deep 12 team league.  Buck Allen, Chris Thompson and Chris Carson were all claimed last week. We don't have a flex player in our custom league. We play 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's/TE's ( You can run any variation. I usually run 3 WR's and no TE's), 1 DEF/ST and 1 Kicker.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 02:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I just lucked out. The dumbest guy in our league just dropped Samaje Perine. With Rob Kelley out for a few weeks with a rib injury, Perine should get most of the 1st and 2nd down carries as well as goal line carries. I picked him up really fast and dropped Kamara. I feel much better by adding a promising rookie for one that I dropped. I then added Perine to my starting lineup with Kareem Hunt. Hopefully he can fill in and be good enough until Jordan Howard is healed.

(09-21-2017, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 08:01 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Gross. I'd go Kamara over all of them, but there's no one available and you're not willing to drop any player? Hell Chris Ivory would be a good play in a double RB PPR league.

Chris Ivory against that Ravens defense? I don't think so. I only get 1 pt. for every 10 yards rushing and 2 pts for every 10 yards receiving or passing by a RB, so Ivory wouldn't do me much good.

I suggested Ivory because you said double points for a reception. You know he'd be in there in passing downs. 

But Perine is definitely a good option.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-21-2017, 04:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 02:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Chris Ivory against that Ravens defense? I don't think so. I only get 1 pt. for every 10 yards rushing and 2 pts for every 10 yards receiving or passing by a RB, so Ivory wouldn't do me much good.

I suggested Ivory because you said double points for a reception. You know he'd be in there in passing downs. 

But Perine is definitely a good option.

The thing is, I'm playing my best friend this week and he's beaten me 3 times in past Super Bowls. I need a small victory, if for nothing else, my own self confidence.