Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Player Tryouts

According to Ryan O:

"#Jaguars tryouts: WR Montay Crockett, P Matt Darr, QB Jerod Evans, K Franks, P Jordan Gay, LS Colin Holba, K Lambo, P Richie Leone ..."

I really like the Lambo idea. Jerod Evans is interesting too. Let's see if this amounts to anything
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why all of the punters?

Are they not happy with Nortman?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Assuming that P is Punter........why in the world would be bring in 3 punters?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 06:36 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-15-2017, 06:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why all of the punters?

I heard that DeCamillis said something along the lines that the kicking needed to be better all the way around. I don't think Nortman is in any danger, more than likely just due diligence on those guys IMO
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Dont want to hurt the punter during live fire blocked punts
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

Nortman had a few bad punts didn't he.
No Fun

(09-15-2017, 07:53 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Nortman had a few bad punts didn't he.

I remember one for sure later in the game.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-15-2017, 06:36 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 06:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why all of the punters?

I heard that DeCamillis said something along the lines that the kicking needed to be better all the way around. I don't think Nortman is in any danger, more than likely just due diligence on those guys IMO

Yeah, I heard that too. He was saying we need to stay on the lookout for both punters and kickers. I thought it seemed odd at the time, but it does sound like they're considering replacing Nortman. Who knew? 

BTW, the Texans sure have a good punter. He was probably key to the Texans beating the Bengals. 
'02

(09-15-2017, 07:53 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Nortman had a few bad punts didn't he?

Depends on what you call a bad punt. I had to miss most of the third quarter, but only saw one punt go out of bounds.

DeCamillis putting his squad on notice

(09-15-2017, 09:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: DeCamillis putting his squad on notice

I hope this is just practice competition to make Brad Nortman better. He did not seem to have a bad game last year.

(09-15-2017, 06:36 PM)newporttom Wrote: Assuming that P is Punter........why in the world would be bring in 3 punters?

To take turns kicking Myers in the rear?

Nortman could be nicked. Maybe some contingency plans working.

(09-15-2017, 09:33 PM)rufftime Wrote: Nortman could be nicked.  Maybe some contingency plans working.

I doubt he will get cut this early in the season. If he was really that bad we would have held this punter tryout in training camp.

(09-15-2017, 09:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 09:33 PM)rufftime Wrote: Nortman could be nicked.  Maybe some contingency plans working.

I doubt he will get cut this early in the season. If he was really that bad we would have held this punter tryout in training camp.

"Nicked" implies hurt, not cut.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

That's what I'm thinking as well.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-15-2017, 10:21 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 09:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I doubt he will get cut this early in the season. If he was really that bad we would have held this punter tryout in training camp.

"Nicked" implies hurt, not cut.

How would he be hurt by three punters working out?

(09-15-2017, 11:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 10:21 PM)mvannostran Wrote: "Nicked" implies hurt, not cut.

[Image: tableta.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-15-2017, 11:27 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 10:21 PM)mvannostran Wrote: "Nicked" implies hurt, not cut.

I love how it just flows from you like Mozart writes a piano sonata

It is truly a phenomenon. All hail.