Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tacks week pre/post game talk

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017, 09:53 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-17-2017, 08:07 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 10:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Not me. I'm excited.

Excited too just trying not to get my hopes up too much.  

Biggest Jaguars game in years and years

This is no bigger than any other divisional home game.

(09-17-2017, 09:51 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: The wait is over.

Almost. A few hours left.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

well this thread blew up in your faces LoL

(09-17-2017, 03:27 PM)VondyP Wrote: well this thread blew up in your faces LoL
Such hype. Much trash talk.

LMAO. Wow. It's even better than I could've dreamed.

Congrats on the win guys. I'm hating every minute of this second half, but I understand your happiness.

It's more frustrating than anything as a Jags fan knowing that we're still 2-3 years out from anything. Unless we somehow hit the QB Jackpot. A better QB for Jax would have kept this a close game.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-14-2017, 08:07 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 07:15 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Well that is quite myopic.  They just played the reigning defensive player of the year in Mack and held him to a very pedestrian day.  No sacks.  Irvin another seasoned DE also got shut out.   The Jags front four had a good day in Houston but the circumstances were more than favorable for that front four.  Last time the Jags took it to TN and the time before that TN destroyed the Jags.  

I have a sense this game is going be very physical and the best QB will come with a W.  I think TN has to feel good about that considering what Bortles has become.  Founette yards per carry was pedestrian.  26 for 100 is not even 4 a carry.  He got that to protect the Jags from throwing the ball because of the Bortles issues.  

Jax has never covered Walker well and they cannot load the box as they have tried the last few times to TN because TN weapons outside are a lot better.  Their pass D is better and I think their ST is a lot better than Jax especially the kicking game.  I think because it is a rivalry division game it will be tight until halftime but I have a sense the QB and ST will be a big factor in the second half.  Jax was able to play man against Houston and if they try that with Mariota he will have a 100 yards rushing the ball.  Marrone knows better.  Jax will be playing a lot of coverage this week.  TN is not Houston and TN OL is a significant upgrade to the mess Houston put on the field last week.  I'll go out on a limb and say I dont think the Jags front four will sniff Mariota this week.  I still expect a tight game but I think the separtion is going to happen because of the QB's and ST.  This is the biggest difference between both teams.   I also hope to see no injuries.  I am an LSU fan and love Fournette but i dont think he'll be a big factor in this game.  Jax will have to expose Bortles to the pass to win this one.  And if they do then turnovers are a big issue.

You do realize the defense Jax will field on Sunday has zero resemblance to to the one you played last year, especially on the line.   Please stop trying to spin the tack offense as some sort of unstoppable juggernaut.  They're not. Better than Houston?  Yes.  But not some top tier offense that can't be stopped or even slowed down.  You should probably pump the brakes a bit on that.

Different names, same defense. Watching Bouye get burned by a 3rd round rookie: 

[Image: lqKlotB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

(09-17-2017, 03:27 PM)VondyP Wrote: well this thread blew up in your faces LoL

Yep, very surprising the tacks managed to equal the Jags record.  You should be plenty familiar with meltdowns (38-17, cough).
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

My post quoted above was pretty prescient. I called it the entire game in that post. I'm glad no one got hurt seriously. Injuries really suck.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-12-2017, 09:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 08:13 PM)VondyP Wrote: You can have as many below average receivers as you want, Blake is still gonna miss them.

What is your definition of a below average receiver? LOL Eric Decker caught only one pass from a better quarterback. You aren't qualified to tell me my receivers are worse than your guys based on what we saw last weekend.

I am waiting for your response to Leonard Fournette's statistics.

Here is my response on Fournette's stats

14 carries, 40 yards, 2.9 ypc

[Image: Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif]
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(09-18-2017, 01:57 PM)The Hammer Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 09:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: What is your definition of a below average receiver? LOL Eric Decker caught only one pass from a better quarterback. You aren't qualified to tell me my receivers are worse than your guys based on what we saw last weekend.

I am waiting for your response to Leonard Fournette's statistics.

Here is my response on Fournette's stats

14 carries, 40 yards, 2.9 ypc

[Image: Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif]

but but but.... LF so good!!! lolololol

I'm just here to eat my crow...
[Image: eatcrow.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1271339938490]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017, 04:24 PM by SDM.)

This board talked soooooo much trash all week. Several people told me "bet ya won't come back around on Sunday". Then I get banned by some butthurt mod for celebrating my team in the GAME DAY thread? lol, lame A[BLEEP!!!!]. But whatever.

Anyway, you guys are literally a QB away. But I know that's not news to you. Your defense seemed to kinda pack it in there toward the end but tough to really blame them. It's clear Bortles is not the answer. Henne may not be any better but I don't see how Marrone keeps rolling with BB much longer if he keeps this up. I still say it's a two horse race for the division between our respective teams. Which is kinda nice after all the years of HOU/IND domination.

So, you're back...

...HOU/IND domination?

How quickly you forget...

...the 1999 Jacksonville team had the best record in the entire league!

Many of us earned some post-game smack talk...
But the fact that 2 or 3 of you are on here still giving each other stroke jobs is laughable.

You're 1-1 after beating a bad Jags team...
Don't get too big for your britches boys.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017, 04:13 PM by NJ JagsFan.)

(09-18-2017, 04:09 PM)Kane Wrote: Many of us earned some post-game smack talk...
But the fact that 2 or 3 of you are on here still giving each other stroke jobs is laughable.

Fact of the matter is, whoever gets out of this terrible division will be gone after the wildcard game.

We are all playing for best loser.

(09-18-2017, 04:09 PM)Kane Wrote: Many of us earned some post-game smack talk...

So I didn't "earn" some post game smack talk after having to hear how the Mighty Jags were going to DESTROY my pathetic all week? I feel I've been pretty rational with my posts here. Which seems to have been proven by the outcome yesterday. I wasn't the delusional one acting like my team was gonna run right over the opponent. That was you guys.

Honestly, I'd have been gone yesterday if not for the silly ban for no reason. Mods sure got some itchy trigger fingers around here....

(09-18-2017, 04:13 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: Fact of the matter is, whoever gets out of this terrible division will be gone after the wildcard game.

...I don't know about all that.

The winner of this division might very well have a bye week come Wildcard Weekend.

Tongue  ...I mean, it's only going into week three.

...the mighty Patriots have the same record as three of the four teams in this division!

(09-18-2017, 04:16 PM)SDM Wrote:

So I didn't "earn" some post game smack talk after having to hear how the Mighty Jags were going to DESTROY my pathetic all week?   I feel I've been pretty rational with my posts here.  Which seems to have been proven by the outcome yesterday.   I wasn't the delusional one acting like my team was gonna run right over the opponent.  That was you guys.

Honestly, I'd have been gone yesterday if not for the silly ban for no reason.   Mods sure got some itchy trigger fingers around here....

I actually stood up for you when that happened.  You're quickly making me regret it. 

Profanity filter avoidance is against our CoC btw.

(09-18-2017, 04:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I actually stood up for you when that happened.  You're quickly making me regret it. 

Well thanks for that. It seemed extreme imo.

But where did I use profanity? Are you talking about "AF"? If so, I'll change it "A[BLEEP]" right now. Didn't realize that counted as profanity.

(09-18-2017, 04:13 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote:

Fact of the matter is, whoever gets out of this terrible division will be gone after the wildcard game.

I don't think so. We beat a LOT of playoff teams last year and intend to compete in the playoffs this year. While I do not think we will make it all the way, I also don't think it's a "sure thing" we lose in the wildcard. We may even get a bye, our schedule isn't too rough this season.

(09-18-2017, 04:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 04:16 PM)SDM Wrote: So I didn't "earn" some post game smack talk after having to hear how the Mighty Jags were going to DESTROY my pathetic all week?   I feel I've been pretty rational with my posts here.  Which seems to have been proven by the outcome yesterday.   I wasn't the delusional one acting like my team was gonna run right over the opponent.  That was you guys.

Honestly, I'd have been gone yesterday if not for the silly ban for no reason.   Mods sure got some itchy trigger fingers around here....

I actually stood up for you when that happened.  You're quickly making me regret it. 

I don't understand why avoiding the profanity filter is an issue, but talking about stroke jobs and incest is OK.  Really couldn't care less about any of it as none of it bothers me, but I'm legitimately curious.  Just seems a bit weird.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.