Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans CB Logan Ryan says Jags don't have confidence in QB

“I don’t think they have a lot of confidence,” Ryan told SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I think it’s well known ... they don’t have a lot of confidence in their quarterback situation. They’re relying on the running game, and they’re relying on possession passing and taking the ball out of his [hands], preventing him from losing the game. But there comes a time when you’ve got to go win the game, and we have the quarterback, and we have the team that isn’t afraid to win it when we need to. And I felt like once we stopped doing what they wanted to do, we felt comfortable, and they felt a little uncomfortable.”

It's like saying water is wet at this point.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man, this team is embarrassing.

Yeah, probably. Seems like Bradley ruined all of that. It didn't seem like an issue (confidence) before last year--even with all the turnovers.

Telling it like it is. There's no hiding this from 31 other teams, and all of football fandom. The Jags don't trust Bortles... heck...Bortles doesn't even trust Bortles. Nobody wants this guy throwing the ball anymore than he absolutely has to. Easy scheme to defend. He's got to be removed. Stick with the "injured" excuse and ride the pine.

This isn't news. While I think Marrone's offense will eventually look like the titans, he's playing this way because he thinks there's no other way to win.

We're not gonna win a lot of games handcuffing the qb

Duh, no matter how much talent we have, with a sorry QB we will see 8-9 guys in the box all season long.

We can't run every play.

(09-18-2017, 08:55 PM)BklynJag Wrote: We can't run every play.
well we could run every play and on the other plays go out of the tackle box and toss it past los
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(09-18-2017, 05:54 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: They’re relying on the running game, and they’re relying on possession passing and taking the ball out of his [hands], preventing him from losing the game. But there comes a time when you’ve got to go win the game
This is exactly what I was trying to explain to some member here prior to Sunday. You can have a good run game and a great defense. But there are always going to be games where they're not up to par and the QB has to go out there and win the game for you. You can't "hide your quarterback" on a consistent basis in today's NFL.

I criticize Mariota plenty. But it's a night and day difference from the days of Mettenberger, Locker, VY, etc. He's streaky as hell. But at least there is hope now that our QB can get it done for us if it comes right down to it. You guys get an even consistently slightly-above-average QB and you'll be set.

Its all a trick. Blakes about to drop 350yds and 3 tds on the Ravens

(09-18-2017, 09:10 PM)continuous Wrote: Its all a trick.  Blakes about to drop 350yds and 3 tds on the Ravens

[Image: 2746728-2746728-3491681832-nicol.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-18-2017, 09:10 PM)continuous Wrote: Its all a trick.  Blakes about to drop 350yds and 3 tds on the Ravens

Yep, in the 4th quarter down by 22 points. Then Myers will miss the XPs.

#youknowY
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Are the TD's for our team or theirs?

4 wide streaks with a qb/hb draw option

Every down!

And go...

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 10:03 AM by TearExtractor.)

(09-19-2017, 09:57 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: What he is saying is they have the QB in BB5 and can win the game if they let him play. The problem is the coaches restrain him and not call the plays for him to sling it around down the field. BB5 is a gunslinger like farve ( who holds the record for most int). He is saying if they let him play like he does in garbage time and sling it around they feel more comfortable and the coaches do not. basicly saying the coaches are at fault for not letting BB5 be a QB.

Boy thats some good spin, lol.

He's saying that Bortles doesn't have the skills needed to win the game. And the coaches know this more than anyone else, as evident by trying to limit him passing.

and deleted, lol.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2017, 10:13 AM by Kcirred.)

Bortles can barely complete a pass over 10 yards. I thought he'd at least be able to manage a game but he can't even do that. The minute we lose a lead, its over. I'd take any QB in this upcoming draft over Bortles, any of them.

Not sure Bortles' mother has confidence in him anymore

Bortles is totally broken. It's like watching a different player out there.

If I'm the Jags FO, I sign Cousins or Smith this offseason, trade up to have the QB of my choice in the draft, and then draft o-line the rest of the way.

Mercedes Lewis did BB5 no favors on Sunday but I'm not sure that and overcoming penalties would have been enough. His comments are some real water is wet commentary.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.