Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon - His last year as Jag?

I thought Yeldon was still hurt which is why he hasn't played the last few games.  In Marrone's pressure today he stated it has just been a numbers games.  He has been a healthy inactive the last few weeks.  Although I think he was Dave's worst pick I was hoping to see him a little by this improved line.  I think it's safe to say this will probably be the last year he is a Jag.  Would of been nice to get a late pick for him.  I think Cook and Williams make the 53 next year and Ivory and Yeldon will be on to different teams, Grant will get resigned.  Ivory not because of his play but because of his contract

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I also think it would have been interesting to see him play behind the improved line. Maybe they'll rotate him in eventually. Don't want to burn the tires on Fournette too soon

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 07:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...t-j-yeldon

(09-27-2017, 07:34 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I also think it would have been interesting to see him play behind the improved line. Maybe they'll rotate him in eventually. Don't want to burn the tires on Fournette too soon

Ivory and Grant are sparing LF

If the Jags can run 30+ times per game like they'd prefer to, they will inevitably have injuries at RB.

If they don't scheme him into the gameplan at some point - Yeldon will eventually see the field due to another back getting dinged up a bit.

I'm glad he's on the roster right now, active or not. I think we'll need him this year eventually.

(09-27-2017, 07:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the Jags can run 30+ times per game like they'd prefer to, they will inevitably have injuries at RB.

If they don't scheme him into the gameplan at some point -  Yeldon will eventually see the field due to another back getting dinged up a bit.

I'm glad he's on the roster right now, active or not. I think we'll need him this year eventually.

I think he will see some time at some point this year but I doubt he will be on the roster next year unless he dont look like his old self

Yeldon kind of has the feel of a late bloomer. He's not going to be great in the NFL, but I could see him being a Terry Kirby journeyman type that hangs around for a decade as a part-time player.

(09-27-2017, 08:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: Yeldon kind of has the feel of a late bloomer. He's not going to be great in the NFL, but I could see him being a Terry Kirby journeyman type that hangs around for a decade as a part-time player.

Yeah, I can see that

Wonder what we could get from the Eagles for him...

I think he would be a perfect fit for NE. Not sure BB would give up a pic though

There's no chance we're getting a pick for Yeldon, but I can see him sticking around. Right now the Jaguars have a formula that's working with 4net, Ivory and Grant, but that doesn't mean they don't like Yeldon. Marrone even said if they were allowed to activate one more player, it would be Yeldon.
'02

if you think about RB contracts over age 30 and his running style, we might actually be able to resign ivory on the cheap if he continues his roll the same way. It's really not a bad gig for him, third down back spelling a power back giving him success but getting paid decently with less breakdown on the body at an older age.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(09-27-2017, 09:29 PM)archer56 Wrote: if you think about RB contracts over age 30 and his running style, we might actually be able to resign ivory on the cheap if he continues his roll the same way.  It's really not a bad gig for him, third down back spelling a power back giving him success but getting paid decently with less breakdown on the body at an older age.

Why would we make him resign?  Or do you mean we might re-sign him?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-27-2017, 08:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 07:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the Jags can run 30+ times per game like they'd prefer to, they will inevitably have injuries at RB.

If they don't scheme him into the gameplan at some point -  Yeldon will eventually see the field due to another back getting dinged up a bit.

I think he will see some time at some point this year but I doubt he will be on the roster next year unless he dont look like his old self
I think he'll stick around and have a chance to prove himself in camp and the preseason next year. Ivory is going to be cut. His number will be too high for a backup. And I believe there is no dead money on his contract next year. So I believe yeldon will have every opportunity to solidify the backup role, pending he can stay healthy and continues to develop.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 09:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-27-2017, 09:45 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 08:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think he will see some time at some point this year but I doubt he will be on the roster next year unless he dont look like his old self
I think he'll stick around and have a chance to prove himself in camp and the preseason next year. Ivory is going to be cut. His number will be too high for a backup. And I believe there is no dead money on his contract next year. So I believe yeldon will have every opportunity to solidify the backup role, pending he can stay healthy and continues to develop.

I think Tim Cook wins the backup role next season

https://youtu.be/ybLOKq_nI9Y?t=2m25s

Well, I think both, I think the team will want to resign him because he's getting less miles on his tires now, and already knows the system and expectations but will view him as cheaper, and he will want to resign because he already knows the system, realizes he's over the hill for Rbs and where he is at isn't a bad gig. I don't see them cutting him just to save cap money unless they are going to throw a ton of money at a few of our up and comers
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Cook is a beast on ST too

I think with the emergence and speed of Grant, it has pushed him down the line more.

Plus Yeldon is just not good. 1 hundred yard game...

Yeldon was actually decent his rookie years all things considered..had 250 yards rushing over his first 4 games.

Still think he can be serviceable just not here. He's a decent utility back to have around.

Who cares we have fournette

(09-28-2017, 12:40 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Who cares we have fournette

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Injuries do happen.