Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
San Juan Mayor Is Sabotaging Hurricane Response For Political Reasons

(10-01-2017, 11:33 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Family that lived in Puerto Rico tell stories about the political class being very corrupt.

Not as bad as Columbia in the 50's but my Mom and Abuela are not at all surprised

That appears to be the case.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2017, 11:51 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Talk about a picture worth a thousand words...maybe get away from the podium and get those supplies behind you distributed!

[Image: Mayor_P_848x480_1058666563896.jpg?w=670&...&strip=all]

I'd hit it!  (in my best sammy text)
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Wow, the Mayor went full political puppet

Never go full puppet

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 09:05 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

You can see the hate and disdain for all that is right on her face. The mayor carries a lot of evil inside her.

I'm getting sick of it.

(10-01-2017, 11:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have no proof, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she has received marching orders from the left establishment in Washington to stink this situation up as much as possible for Donald Trump in return for a political promotion.

That's about as ridiculous as saying Trump doesn't care about Puerto Rico.  Equally ridiculous.  

Everybody's doing their best in a difficult situation.  All this finger-pointing and blaming gets pretty tiresome.

(10-02-2017, 09:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 11:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have no proof, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she has received marching orders from the left establishment in Washington to stink this situation up as much as possible for Donald Trump in return for a political promotion.

That's about as ridiculous as saying Trump doesn't care about Puerto Rico.  Equally ridiculous.  

Everybody's doing their best in a difficult situation.  All this finger-pointing and blaming gets pretty tiresome.

Everyone is doing their best except the mayor of San Juan. She's more interested in scoring political points than helping her constituency.

(10-02-2017, 09:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Are you serious? It is pretty damn clear what this mayor is doing. She is wearing a screen printed shirt that CNN gave her for crying out loud!!

Anyone else see the resemblance between PR's mayor and Elizabeth Pocahontas Warren?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

QFT
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-02-2017, 11:04 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

QFT

Ahh, the king of poke and run. Even if proof smacked you in the face you'd still disregard it.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Trump playing y'all like a fiddle

(10-02-2017, 11:36 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 11:04 AM)rollerjag Wrote: QFT

Ahh, the king of poke and run. Even if proof smacked you in the face you'd still disregard it.

What in the post I quoted deserved more than a poke? When you start a post with "I have no proof, but...", what do you expect?

I'm disappointed you didn't have a clever meme or GIF with which to articulate your thoughtful reply.

I'm never surprised when any politician manipulates a tragedy for political gain, nor am I surprised when one side pretends they are free of blame for ever doing the same.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The Alex Jones wanna be's in here talking about people not seeing the truth. Hilarious.

We have police officers in Puerto Rico and even Geraldo Rivera of all people are questioning the Mayor's motives.

Trump said that she was fine until after a couple of days. Then we see her staging photo ops and interviews dogging Trump.

If you can't see the political pandering then you aren't looking.

(10-01-2017, 11:51 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Talk about a picture worth a thousand words...maybe get away from the podium and get those supplies behind you distributed!

[Image: Mayor_P_848x480_1058666563896.jpg?w=670&...&strip=all]

Unfortunately, the local trucking union that she is beholding to is locking down the ability to distribute supplies.  One corrupt organization hand in glove with a corrupt politician.  This is what banana republics look like.

She can somehow manage to have tee shirts screen printed declaring the horrors, and she can find time to stand in front of any microphone where a camera is present, but getting trucks loaded and on the road to deliver the relief is something she's unable to do.

Not to worry.  Antifa relief is on the way.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-02-2017, 01:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: We have police officers in Puerto Rico and even Geraldo Rivera of all people are questioning the Mayor's motives.

Trump said that she was fine until after a couple of days. Then we see her staging photo ops and interviews dogging Trump.

Exactly.  The more layers that get peeled back, the more all this "Trump's Katrina" nonsense falls apart.  This woman is more of an obstacle to relief than a conduit.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-02-2017, 01:33 PM)FBT Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 01:28 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: We have police officers in Puerto Rico and even Geraldo Rivera of all people are questioning the Mayor's motives.

Exactly.  The more layers that get peeled back, the more all this "Trump's Katrina" nonsense falls apart.  This woman is more of an obstacle to relief than a conduit.

Same as Katrina, but Trump won't sit there and take the abuse like GWB did.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-02-2017, 01:32 PM)FBT Wrote: Unfortunately, the local trucking union that she is beholding to is locking down the ability to distribute supplies.  

False.  

http://www.snopes.com/puerto-rico-teamsters/

(10-03-2017, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 01:32 PM)FBT Wrote: Unfortunately, the local trucking union that she is beholding to is locking down the ability to distribute supplies.  

False.  

http://www.snopes.com/puerto-rico-teamsters/

So Snopes, by quoting Jimmy Hoffa Jr., who may have never ever even set foot in Puerto Rico, refutes the claim?

Didn't I tell you to stop using Snopes? That's especially true when dealing with anything political.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"