Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we realize just what we have in Fournette?

Only three players have run for a 90-yard TD against the squealers:

Leonard Fournette
Terrelle Pryor (2013)
O.J. Simpson (1972)

Dang he's good!  Banana Banana Banana
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I still just cannot imagine what this team could do with a QB. Fournette would have much longer runs because they wouldn't be gunning for him all the time. Also combine that with this elite scoring defense we have, we'd probably have 40+ a game easily.

SeldomRite knows.

What Blake did so wrong today that make some of you upset?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 05:31 PM by Tyler1Reformed.)

(10-08-2017, 05:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: What Blake did so wrong today that make some of you upset?

Huh? It's nothing to do with what he did wrong today, it's the point of how LIMITED this offense is with him. If they could actually have confidence in a pass actually moving past the line of scrimmage they would absolutely light the score board up every single game because then Fournette is going to have open holes everywhere.

I mean that's how good this football team is they just went into Picksburgh and dominated them with only throwing for 95 yards. Unheard of. What they could do with a franchise QB (I'm looking at you Kirk or Alex) would be a legit super bowl team.

(10-08-2017, 05:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: What Blake did so wrong today that make some of you upset?

I hope you're being facetious with that question.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 05:42 PM by leopold332002.)

(10-08-2017, 05:30 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:

Huh? It's nothing to do with what he did wrong today, it's the point of how LIMITED this offense is with him. If they could actually have confidence in a pass actually moving past the line of scrimmage they would absolutely light the score board up every single game because then Fournette is going to have open holes everywhere.

I mean that's how good this football team is they just went into Picksburgh and dominated them with only throwing for 95 yards. Unheard of. What they could do with a franchise QB (I'm looking at you Kirk or Alex) would be a legit super bowl team.
Now you think Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins are Super Bowl contenders but they can't do that on their own teams. Come on man I know you hate Blake and all but let's be real here and maybe the offense is by design where they don't want blake to throw the ball as much because if he was so bad they will have benched him by now. What's so funny to me is Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott has the same offense but I bet you don't have the same criticisms toward them.

This team would be Super Bowl bound with a decent QB

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 05:47 PM by leopold332002.)

Again, somebody answer the question what did Blake do so wrong today?

It's like some of y'all want to whine for no reason and we won the game today. He only attempt 14 passes and what bad decision did Blake make today that has some of you upset?

(10-08-2017, 05:46 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Again, somebody answer the question what did Blake do so wrong today?

How about you tell us what he did that was so great. Hand the ball off without fumbling???
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 05:49 PM by CAPTAIN.)

We've got a top 5 pick that doesn't look like a bust.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 05:51 PM by leopold332002.)

(10-08-2017, 05:48 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 05:46 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Again, somebody answer the question what did Blake do so wrong today?

How about you tell us what he did that was so great. Hand the ball off without fumbling???

He did a job today and he followed the game plan so stop whining about it

Again, go to Summer mariota's Games last year he had the same type of games and nobody complain at all. For the love of God, some of y'all had like we lost the game today

It's like some of y'all want to whine for no reason and we won the game today. He only attempt 14 passes and what bad decision did Blake make today that has some of you upset?

He had 8 completions for I think 95 yards. The coaching staff doesn't trust him enough to build the offense around him. The INT wasn't his fault though and he's cut down on his turnovers so that's an improvement. But being that limited as a QB means opposing defenses can concentrate on stopping the run.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-08-2017, 05:52 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

He had 8 completions for I think 95 yards. The coaching staff doesn't trust him enough to build the offense around him. The INT wasn't his fault though and he's cut down on his turnovers so that's an improvement. But being that limited as a QB means opposing defenses can concentrate on stopping the run.

All I'm saying is this that's part of the game plan and nobody can still give me an explanation on Marcus Mariota had the same type of games last year and nobody said a thing about it but I guess people already have their mind made up on Blake so nothing you can do can satisfy them. All I'm saying is we won the game that's all should matter

(10-08-2017, 05:49 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: We've got a top 5 pick that doesn't look like a bust.

To be fair, we have two top 5 picks that look amazing (Ramsey and Fournette) and one that it slowly looking like a decent pick (Fowler).
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Fastest play in the NFL?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-p...l-carriers
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I think that Fournette is a great running back but saying the 90 yard run was somthing special is not knowing football and situation. It was 3rd and 3, and we have not thrown a pass all half. They stacked the box with all 11 players and we put a helmet on a helmet and there was a crease on the outside. Once he hit the hole he was gone noone back to stop him. If he had done it in the first half or anytime except the very end of the game it would have been more impresive. I do think he is a great running back but i dont think that would be considered he break away run we have been looking for.

(10-08-2017, 05:51 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 05:48 PM)Dakota Wrote: How about you tell us what he did that was so great. Hand the ball off without fumbling???

He did a job today and he followed the game plan so stop whining about it

Again, go to Summer mariota's Games last year he had the same type of games and nobody complain at all. For the love of God, some of y'all had like we lost the game today

LOL@ whining. Laughing

Just imagine (makes expansive gesture with hands) a two dimensional offense. An offense which can run AND throw. The opposing defense constantly wondering if we're going to float the ball into the hands of a capable receiver or smash it through in the arms of Leonard Fournette.

That's what Blake Bortles does not give us.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 06:18 PM by LAjag.)

(10-08-2017, 06:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I think that Fournette is a great running back but saying the 90 yard run was somthing special is not knowing football and situation. It was 3rd and 3, and we have not thrown a pass all half. They stacked the box with all 11 players and we put a helmet on a helmet and there was a crease on the outside. Once he hit the hole he was gone noone back to stop him. If he had done it in the first half or anytime except the very end of the game it would have been more impresive. I do think he is a great running back but i dont think that would be considered he break away run we have been looking for.

Is clocking the highest mph of any ball carrier in the NFL this season after hitting that crease normal, or is it kind of special?

Not saying it's a SC top 10 highlight, but a 225lb power back pulling away from an NFL corner is pretty fun to watch