Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette = Trent Richardson?

How easy it is to forget how many times this team would run 3 to 4 times straight at the goal line and get stuffed. Fournette has found the end zone in 4 straight games and someone is complaining? SMH

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 04:39 PM by nate.)

(10-08-2017, 12:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's kind of spooky how Fournette is mirroring the Richardson story. Taken one pick later in the order they both are averaging about the same yards per carry as rookies, and neither of them is beating the DB arm tackles to get breakaway runs.
However both of them get a good amount of touchdowns. 12 on 318 touches for Richardson, 4 on 93 touches so far for Fournette.

I'm going to need to see Fournette get an actual breakaway run before he stops being Richardson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(10-08-2017, 03:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Okay, now he's not Trent Richardson. Smile

Another awesome entry in the "I want to be debbie downer so I can say toldya so" sweepstakes.

Well played.

This is the problem when you just look at stats and don't watch the games properly

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 04:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Fournette actually has vision, a better receiver, and faster

(10-08-2017, 04:42 PM)lastonealive Wrote: This is the problem when you just look at stats and don't watch the games properly

Exactly, a stat watcher instead of watching the games

Same people that thought Gurley wasn't good because of last season

The worst part is the guy in this thread that made the Brandon Jacobs comparison was serious
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Okay, well, there's that 20-30 yard run I was looking for. Times 3. Smile

Finally, someone has topped my "Dante Fowler is a bust" thread.

The more "fail" threads we have, the better the said player actually performs (except for Bortles)

Someone has a four-course meal of crow headed their way.

Note the pun with “Four”. (Pats self on back.)

Long live the Sherpa.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Fournette is on a different level than Richardson. Better vision, actual second-gear speed, doesn't dance in the backfield, stronger runner.

(10-08-2017, 06:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: Fournette is on a different level than Richardson. Better vision, actual second-gear speed, doesn't dance in the backfield, stronger runner.

Richardson was a strong runner but thats about it

The SeldomRite name has always been very fitting.

Richardson plays in the CFL and fournette is in the NFL definitely not on the same level ??
Jags 4 Life

I always thought Fournette was more like Earl Campbell.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I think that he meant to say that (904)Net is a stronger and faster version of Trent Richardson with a much greater work ethic and passion for his craft. But yes they are alike in the fact they they are both males who play the running back position in the game of football. Or maybe he was just trying to be sarcastic. Who knows?
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

That spin move today was Fred Taylor like.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-08-2017, 04:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Finally, someone has topped my "Dante Fowler is a bust" thread.

Maybe we should keep making these threads!

Where's my boy Shag?

(10-08-2017, 07:38 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I always thought Fournette was more like Earl Campbell.

Not a bad comparison. At risk of getting blasted, Fournette's running has occasionally reminded me of early-game Eddie George in his prime. George's career average was something like 3.7ypc, but that's because he was getting 3.7 yards on every carry. Powerful downhill runner who could get another yard or more after contact, and drag a couple of defenders along for the ride.

What Fournette has that George never had is speed. In the fourth quarter, George would maybe be up to four yards before someone caught him, but as we saw today, Fournette is capable of breaking loose when the defense finally caves to him.