Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette = Trent Richardson?

It's kind of spooky how Fournette is mirroring the Richardson story. Taken one pick later in the order they both are averaging about the same yards per carry as rookies, and neither of them is beating the DB arm tackles to get breakaway runs.
However both of them get a good amount of touchdowns. 12 on 318 touches for Richardson, 4 on 93 touches so far for Fournette.

I'm going to need to see Fournette get an actual breakaway run before he stops being Richardson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Delete your account

Dude, no.

Why would you say this?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 01:01 PM by J-Mizzal.)

No, if you dont see the impact Fournette has on the game then thats your personal problem

LeVon Bell long run this year is 21 Fournette is 17, Bell avg 3.7 ypc, Fournette 3.5 ( with 19 yard and 10 run called back in one game)

I guess Bell is Trent Richardson
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Trent Richardson failed because he had zero vision and didn't work very hard, not because he couldn't break tackles.

Fournette has excellent vision.

stats wise so far but this is why we watch the games
[Image: harley-quinn-bubble-gum.gif]

Fournette has had about 100 carries now, and none of been breakaway past the defense runs. When a defender gets a hand on his leg he seems to go down.

Lol

Seldomwrong should be your new moniker.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-08-2017, 01:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Seldomwrong should be your new moniker.

Thank you. Glad you can recognize some truth coming at you.

Richardson comparison? Now that's harsh. But it is kind of to the point where I'm starting to wonder where the 20-30 yard runs are. His YPC is fairly pedestrian. I'm not sure Fournette is THAT much more productive than a 2nd or 3rd round RB would have been. Based on this team's QB situation, yeah, I would have preferred a trade back for Dashaun Watson. I'd rather have a promising QB situation and a starting RB who's a 6.5 out of 10 than Blake Bortles and a RB who's an 8 out of 10 (I'm still giving Fournette credit for being a good player).

Please delete this thread, it’s ignorant as hell!

(10-08-2017, 01:20 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Fournette has had about 100 carries now, and none of been breakaway past the defense runs. When a defender gets a hand on his leg he seems to go down.

(10-08-2017, 02:35 PM)Jest101 Wrote: Please delete this thread, it’s ignorant as hell!

The thread should focus more on whether Fournette was worth a top 5 pick when there was an option at QB. That's a worthwhile discussion IMO

Bro. Delete your account and throw your phone in the garbage.

Fournette is on another level. He's not heavy legged lie Trent. He has ran guys over this year. He just hasn't creased em yet.

He's not a cut back runner. He's a bruiser. Think Jerome Bettis, Brandon Jacobs, Greg Jones. Only he's just as fast as Dalvin Cook.

Melvin Gordon needed a year to breakout. Just watch and see.

But don't make stupid posts like this. It's just dumb

This thread = Trent Richardson

Gotta quit leaning on stat lines so heavily to draw your conclusions. Use your eyes. There's very little about Fournette that resembles Richardson.

Seriously, delete your account. Or at least change it to neverrite.

Okay, now he's not Trent Richardson. Smile

Welp