Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we realize just what we have in Fournette?

(10-08-2017, 05:49 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: We've got a top 5 pick that doesn't look like a bust.

We have 3 playing right now that's not busts, Ramsey, Fowler and Fournette
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Too bad Dave missed on the QB and LT.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(10-08-2017, 06:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I think that Fournette is a great running back but saying the 90 yard run was somthing special is not knowing football and situation. It was 3rd and 3, and we have not thrown a pass all half. They stacked the box with all 11 players and we put a helmet on a helmet and there was a crease on the outside. Once he hit the hole he was gone noone back to stop him. If he had done it in the first half or anytime except the very end of the game it would have been more impresive. I do think he is a great running back but i dont think that would be considered he break away run we have been looking for.

This is the dumbest post I ever seen
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-08-2017, 07:52 PM)Vino Wrote: Too bad Dave missed on the QB and LT.

I dunno, Cam Robinson looks pretty good

(10-08-2017, 07:51 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 05:49 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: We've got a top 5 pick that doesn't look like a bust.

We have 3 playing right now that's not busts, Ramsey, Fowler and Fournette

You can say that again.

(10-08-2017, 06:00 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Fastest play in the NFL?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-p...l-carriers

Pretty amazing considering he's viewed more as a power back.
Here we go again

(10-08-2017, 07:58 PM)Preach Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:00 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Fastest play in the NFL?

Pretty amazing considering he's viewed more as a power back.

He even slowed down!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Who’s the guy who said we should cut back on how many touches Fournette gets?

(10-08-2017, 06:18 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 06:13 PM)LAjag Wrote: Is clocking the highest mph of any ball carrier in the NFL this season after hitting the crease normal, or is it kind of special?

Thats not the point. yes its special that he is the fastest runner in the NFL. My point is lets see a breakaway run like that in the heat of the game not when its mostly over. We have been waiting for one of those runs all season, and yes this was a great run and i was like yes!!! but lets see that when the game is on the line in the middle of the game thats what im waiting for.
How about a 90 yard breakaway TD on his 28th carries of an extremely physical game? Is that special enough for you?

Video 

Tell me he isn't special....tells the db to bring it!

https://youtu.be/TgfoLVzuQUg
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

1.- he is not the fastest RB in the NFL.

Since I haven't seen anyone say it so I am gonna do it... We could have had Deshaun Watson, now you can be homers and say Fournette was a better choice when he really wasn't.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 10:53 AM by LAjag.)

(10-09-2017, 10:22 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 1.- he is not the fastest RB in the NFL.

Since I haven't seen anyone say it so I am gonna do it... We could have had Deshaun Watson, now you can be homers and say Fournette was a better choice when he really wasn't.

1. - He "most definitely" is one of them. There are different kinds of speed, and his top end speed is undoubtedly elite. Sure there are lighter backs with more agility/acceleration.

HS: 10.68 100m at 225. 

NCAA: "STACK's been keeping an eye out for impressive numbers. Dating back to to the start of the 2015 season, only one NFL ballcarrier has ever clocked a speed faster than Fournette's 22.90 mph. Tyreek Hill of the Kansas City Chiefs was clocked at 23.24 mph during a play last season. But other than Hill, no one's run faster than Fournette. Not DeSean Jackson. Not Brandin Cooks. Not Tedd Ginn Jr."

^ Ole Miss game 2016, 235lbs

NFL: Leading clocked MPH of 2017 as of week 5

In regards to Watson, a lot of other teams could have had him too. If Watson turns out to be the steal of the draft we did not end up empty handed. We still got a hell of a player.

There will be more drafts, we can continue to build because we did not bust.

(10-09-2017, 10:22 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 1.- he is not the fastest RB in the NFL.

He's the fastest player in any game in the NFL so far this season.

He's worth his draft selection.

Moving on...

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 11:26 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

According to Next Gen Stats, Leonard Fournette is the NFL's fastest ball carrier this season. He runs slightly over 22 mph.

(10-09-2017, 11:15 AM)Jest101 Wrote:

He's the fastest player in any game in the NFL so far this season.

Moving on...

That doesn't mean he is the fastest so I am right.

I'd still take 4-5 guys before him. He is not even the best RB of this draft class.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 12:21 PM by LAjag.)

(10-09-2017, 11:57 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:15 AM)Jest101 Wrote: He's the fastest player in any game in the NFL so far this season.

Moving on...

I'd still take 4-5 guys before him. He is not even the best RB of this draft class.

People have brought you two runs clocked over 22mph in the last 2 years. One almost at 23.

Provide something to the discussion other than "I'm not wrong." Go find plays by running backs where they are moving faster than Fournette has done in games.

ETA: I'm sure there are a few faster. His consistency at the top of these lists (overall) over the last 2 years means it is really not disputable that his top end speed is among the best at the RB position.

(10-09-2017, 11:57 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:15 AM)Jest101 Wrote: He's the fastest player in any game in the NFL so far this season.

Fastest ball carrier and fastest player are obviously not the same thing. I don't know how Next Gen Stats determines who the fastest ball carrier is, but being the only one who ran 22 mph is noteworthy. I am guessing when average fans talk about who the fastest player is, they look at combine results, not the mph speed measured during games like NGS did.

(10-09-2017, 12:13 PM)LAjag Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 11:57 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: That doesn't mean he is the fastest so I am right.

People have brought you two runs clocked over 22mph in the last 2 years. One almost at 23.

Provide something to the discussion other than "I'm not wrong." Go find runs by running backs where they are moving faster than Fournette has done in games.

ETA: I'm sure there are a few faster. His consistency at the top of these lists (overall) over the last 2 years means it is really not disputable that his top end speed is among the best at the RB position.

12 players had faster times on plays last year.

Like 15 RBs have much better 40's. Again, you have proved nothing, speed in a play doesn't exactly mean those players are the fastest.

From Next Gen stats: 

"[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Fastest Ball Carriers shows the maximum speed, measured in Miles Per Hour (MPH), a player achieves on a given play when carrying the ball on offense (rusher, passer or receiver) or special teams (punt or kick returner). This stat highlights many of the fastest players in the league."[/color]

See? not even they say those are the fastest players.

Fournette is probably not even the fastest RB on the team, sorry, but keep crying about it.

(10-09-2017, 12:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 12:13 PM)LAjag Wrote: People have brought you two runs clocked over 22mph in the last 2 years. One almost at 23.

Provide something to the discussion other than "I'm not wrong." Go find runs by running backs where they are moving faster than Fournette has done in games.

12 players had faster times on plays last year.

Like 15 RBs have much better 40's. Again, you have proved nothing, speed in a play doesn't exactly mean those players are the fastest.

From Next Gen stats: 

"[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Fastest Ball Carriers shows the maximum speed, measured in Miles Per Hour (MPH), a player achieves on a given play when carrying the ball on offense (rusher, passer or receiver) or special teams (punt or kick returner). This stat highlights many of the fastest players in the league."[/color]

Fournette is probably not even the fastest RB on the team, sorry, but keep crying about it.

No, but he's fast enough.   That's all that matters.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 01:51 PM by LAjag.)

(10-09-2017, 12:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 12 players had faster times on plays last year.

From Next Gen stats: 

You mention 12 players with faster times last year but no running backs. And you left out his time last year which obviously isn't on the NFL list, but it was faster than all but one I believe. And he's sitting at #1 this year.

You mention RBs in 40 but 40 times in tights =\= top end speed (fastest), much less speed in pads. 40 time is heavily influenced by technique and acceleration.

"Fastest" is obviously used in different contexts. Like fastest 40, fastest 60m, or fastest 100m. Just using fastest in general should logically mean top speed with no other stipulations. As in which one can literally travel the fastest speed.

Google search "fastest cars," planes, or boats. See what comes up first, top mph or a time/distance

You say "speed in a play doesn't exactly mean those players are fastest." True, it doesn't have to but it certainly can when a player is consistently clocking faster speeds in games than others ever have.

I say fastest players can mean humans who play the the fastest. Regardless of times in some arbitrary distance without even wearing equipment required to play the sport

I doubt Usain Bolt sniffs the 60m record at many international meets, but put any of those record holders at full stride next to him running down the sideline and see who is "faster."