Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags secondary needs a catchy name

(10-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:24 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why aren't people suggesting Teal Team 5 then?

Because it's a play off "Seal Team 6" the group of Seals responsible for the alleged assassination of Bin Laden.

I knew they were Navy SEALS, but not the exact group name.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2017, 12:53 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:22 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The nickname Sacksonville is based on the actual sacks, not players helping other guys sack QBs.

You're very outspoken.

Why is that so?

Don't poke the bear. It only makes it worse. At times she trolls without even trying or knowing she does it.

(10-12-2017, 02:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:53 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You're very outspoken.

Why is that so?

Don't poke the bear. It only makes it worse. At times she trolls without even trying or knowing she does it.

I have no idea what this means, but it has nothing to do with finding a nickname for the defense.

(10-12-2017, 02:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:53 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: You're very outspoken.

Why is that so?

Why do you care? That is normal for a lot of people.

(10-12-2017, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You don't make the rules around here

I was stating exactly what the Jaguars did, not making stuff up.

Actually, you are making stuff up.  Ever heard of a safety blitz or a linebacker blitz?  I'm pretty sure Barry Church and Myles Jack each have a sack, so Sacksonville absolutely applies to all levels of our defense and there are examples to prove it.

I like the Wall of Duval or the Duval Wall. So what if much of America doesn't know about Duval County? They will, soon enough.

Not liking anything with the name Teal - teal is a nice color, but it doesn't carry the same tough connotation as say, Silver and Black.

Sacksonville...too limiting.

(10-12-2017, 02:37 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Why do you care? That is normal for a lot of people.

I was stating exactly what the Jaguars did, not making stuff up.

I'm pretty sure Barry Church and Myles Jack each have a sack, so Sacksonville absolutely applies to all levels of our defense and there are examples to prove it.

BOOM!
MIC MOTHERFLIPPIN DROP!

(10-12-2017, 02:37 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I like the Wall of Duval or the Duval Wall. So what if much of America doesn't know about Duval County? They will, soon enough.

Not liking anything with the name Teal - teal is a nice color, but it doesn't carry the same tough connotation as say, Silver and Black.

Sacksonville...too limiting.

I suggested Duval Wall for the defensive line only. Sacksonville is better for including both linemen and linebackers, plus everybody understands the pun.

Teal team 6 and DuVault are decent IMO but all are pointless. Lets just make the playoffs!
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-12-2017, 03:15 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Teal team 6 and DuVault are decent IMO but all are pointless. Lets just make the playoffs!

Having a nickname will help us gain respect around the league. It lets everyone know this defense is not to be messed with.

(10-12-2017, 03:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:15 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Teal team 6 and DuVault are decent IMO but all are pointless. Lets just make the playoffs!

Having a nickname will help us gain respect around the league. It lets everyone know this defense is not to be messed with.

You have to be kidding me.

A nickname will give us respect around the league?

Holy [BLEEP], what a ridiculous statement.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That's embarrassing. They just need to keep doing their jobs.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(10-12-2017, 03:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Having a nickname will help us gain respect around the league.
Laughing 
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaa

(10-12-2017, 01:10 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Is -86 the lowest rating on the board? lol

This is something I was wondering about.  A lot of her downvotes are from the same users.  

What happens if I just decide to vote up 90 of her posts?  Would she be back to zero?

(10-12-2017, 03:31 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:20 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Having a nickname will help us gain respect around the league. It lets everyone know this defense is not to be messed with.

You have to be kidding me.

What a ridiculous statement.

Of course it depends on the nickname. Teams will respect Sacksonville because it comes from what we actually did on the field. We earned it. In the past, teams thought or knew the Jaguars DL could be pushed around. Now everyone knows that is not true. Does the nickname Sacksonville help, or do people just know the fact we lead the NFL in sacks?

(10-12-2017, 03:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:31 PM)Rico Wrote: You have to be kidding me.

What a ridiculous statement.

Of course it depends on the nickname. Teams will respect Sacksonville because it comes from what we actually did on the field. We earned it. In the past, teams thought or knew the Jaguars DL could be pushed around. Now everyone knows that is not true. Does the nickname Sacksonville help, or do people just know the fact we lead the NFL in sacks?

I am positive you have never played sports.

A nickname won't do squat.  If you think otherwise you're more clueless than I originnally thought.

(10-12-2017, 03:59 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Of course it depends on the nickname. Teams will respect Sacksonville because it comes from what we actually did on the field. We earned it. In the past, teams thought or knew the Jaguars DL could be pushed around. Now everyone knows that is not true. Does the nickname Sacksonville help, or do people just know the fact we lead the NFL in sacks?

A nickname won't do squat.  If you think otherwise you're more clueless than I originnally thought.

Is that even possible?

(10-12-2017, 04:01 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:59 PM)Rico Wrote: I am positive you have never played sports.

Is that even possible?

You're right.  I lied.

(10-12-2017, 03:59 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Of course it depends on the nickname. Teams will respect Sacksonville because it comes from what we actually did on the field. We earned it. In the past, teams thought or knew the Jaguars DL could be pushed around. Now everyone knows that is not true. Does the nickname Sacksonville help, or do people just know the fact we lead the NFL in sacks?

A nickname won't do squat. If you think otherwise you're more clueless than I originally thought.

I never "played" a sport, but was on a sports team for seven years. (Please don't ask as that would go way off topic.)

Of course I did not mean all 31 other teams are going to respect our defense just because it has a nickname.

(10-12-2017, 04:12 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:59 PM)Rico Wrote: I am positive you have never played sports.

A nickname won't do squat. If you think otherwise you're more clueless than I originally thought.

I never "played" a sport, but was on a sports team for seven years. (Please don't ask as that would go way off topic.)

Of course I did not mean all 31 other teams are going to respect our defense just because it has a nickname.

Oh this sooooooooooo deserves an explanation lol

Were you like, a mascot or something? 

The Fighting Jdubs?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-12-2017, 02:00 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: The Great Wall of Duval.

That's actually better than most of the suggestions out there.