Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Article: How to Win Without a Quarterback

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 12:00 PM by leopold332002.)

(10-14-2017, 11:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:26 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: Dirtbag move calling out the defense when they're the only reason we won the few games we did that season.

Incorrect. The win against Tennessee last year was all about improvement on the offense while the defense kept doing its thing and everyone being motivated by the removal of Gus Bradley. In London, our defense slacked off after halftime after the offense built up a lead. It was definitely a offensive win with the defense doing just enough to hang on.

Y'all going to learn not to argue with people like Jaguarrior because arguing with him is like arguing with a child and both of those situations are a wasted of time.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2017, 09:26 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 05:38 PM)atburg Wrote: To be fair, even if he did the defense would have found a way to blow it.

Dirtbag move calling out the defense when they're the only reason we won the few games we did that season.   Angry

How wrong of me to call out the 31st ranked squad in the league! It's been great talking to you, you seem like a great football mind! However it's gameday, so I prefer the actual football related threads.

(10-15-2017, 08:14 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Incorrect. The win against Tennessee last year was all about improvement on the offense while the defense kept doing its thing and everyone being motivated by the removal of Gus Bradley. In London, our defense slacked off after halftime after the offense built up a lead. It was definitely a offensive win with the defense doing just enough to hang on.

Y'all going to learn not to argue with people like Jaguarrior because arguing with him is like arguing with a child and both of those situations are a wasted of time.

The only way to end useless arguments is add Jaguarrior to your ignore list. Would anyone like to join me?

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 12:26 PM by JackCity.)

(10-14-2017, 06:11 PM)lastonealive Wrote: We would also be 3-2 most likely with someone like Hoyer as QB. Before you think I'm being ultra pro Blake. Blake isn't as bad as you think and (insert other teams qb) isn't as good as you think.

Blake's one of the worst QBs in the league.

I know you still think he's the "top dog" of the AFC south for some reason but he isn't. Nor has he ever been.

(10-14-2017, 06:05 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So what some of you guys expect is perfect qb play not just better. I'm afraid all qbs have games where they are totally ineffective. Big Ben and Flacco both Superbowl winners did nothing against us. Brady even has ineffective games from time to time. Rivers regularly has poor games. As does Dalton. As does any qb. If you think we would be 5-0 without a prime manning or Brady you are clueless.

No nobody's expecting perfect QB play. Far from it. 
Simply saying good QB play would have a huge effect on this team.

Nobody mentioned prime Brady or prime Manning. Just that a good QB Vs what we have in Bortles would make us so much better. In more ways than just the record we have now.

(10-15-2017, 09:41 AM)atburg Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 09:26 PM)Jaguarrior Wrote: Dirtbag move calling out the defense when they're the only reason we won the few games we did that season.   Angry

How wrong of me to call out the 31st ranked squad in the league! It's been great talking to you, you seem like a great football mind! However it's gameday, so I prefer the actual football related threads.

It's amazing they weren't 32nd with all the 3 and outs they had to endure. Even a team full of Hulks would be gassed. 

Can't help being logical guys. I actually watched the games. Wink

Meanwhile Brady is struggling vs the jets...guess he's not a franchise qb

(10-15-2017, 12:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 08:14 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Y'all going to learn not to argue with people like Jaguarrior because arguing with him is like arguing with a child and both of those situations are a wasted of time.

The only way to end useless arguments is add Jaguarrior to your ignore list. Would anyone like to join me?

I'm in! Please ignore me JaguarWoman! Please. Cry

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 02:53 PM by Jaguarrior.)

(10-15-2017, 01:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Meanwhile Brady is struggling vs the jets...guess he's not a franchise qb

Brady's won more games than you can count in a sitting.

Bortles has helped the team win about 3 games, if I'm being generous.

Frankly, your comparison is disgusting as it is stupid.  Sick

(10-15-2017, 01:51 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Meanwhile Brady is struggling vs the jets...guess he's not a franchise qb

I'm not a genius, but there may be a slight difference in Bortles and Brady's bodies of work.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 04:08 PM by Jaguarrior.)

(10-15-2017, 02:19 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:

I'm not a genius, but there may be a slight difference in Bortles and Brady's bodies of work.

When dudes start putting "BB5 Fingered Handoff" in the same sentence as Tom Brady, it makes you wonder:

1. Is this The 5 Fingered Handoff?
2. Is it his dad? We all know leopold is his mom.
3. Is it Dave Caldwell?
4. Is this someone forced to make ridiculous post because their family members being held hostage in a basement?

It has to be one of these. It just has to...

I apologise for your lack of reading comprehension.

(10-15-2017, 06:22 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I apologise for your lack of reading comprehension.

Good of you to take it back. Otherwise, you'd never lived it down. 

BTW- Brady won against the Jets.

With a good hand from the zebras. But he was struggling at one point. Qbs even the GOAT have periods of down play.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 06:51 PM by Jaguarrior.)

He played the game and won it. He's won a lot of them in fact.

No one is debating all QBs don't have bad games. Don't really know why you took the time to mention it really.

Time and time again he finds a way to win. No one can say this about BB5.

Cool. There's not many of them around. Pretty much every qb around at the moment needs very good play around them to win. Bortles is no different. Today prime example we win if special teams plays a normal game. We probably win with a Brady and lose with everyone else.

Now that Aaron Rodgers is out, we can see how Blake Bortles compares to a career backup who always had a future HOF mentor in front of him.

Unfortunately the easy answer is simply play perfect in all 3 other phases of the game. If we have to lean on Bortles at all he won't overcome any adversity.

And that's the tell tale sign of a QB you don't want to ride with.

I don't get why people are finding it so hard to move on from an awful QB.

Stockholm syndrome I guess. He's a funny guy with a laid-back personality. Not good enough to be a starting QB. Piss poor team building to have him still starting with no plan B.

(10-15-2017, 08:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: And that's the tell tale sign of a QB you don't want to ride with.  

Stockholm syndrome I guess. He's a funny guy with a laid-back personality. Not good enough to be a starting QB. Piss poor team building to have him still starting with no plan B.
What makes you think people don’t want to move on from him?

He’s done in Jacksonville but he’s still better than Henne.

(10-15-2017, 08:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: And that's the tell tale sign of a QB you don't want to ride with.  

If Brees, or Brady were knocking on the door it would be one thing. Henne on the other hand, ill ride with what we've got.