Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prime Time Games

With the way we are playing this year how many prime time games do we possibly get next year, I say at least 3
A good loser is a good loser

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We may get one THIS year. I feel like we will be flexed into December 23rd in place of MIN/GB since our game may be for the divison and playoffs.

(10-26-2017, 10:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We may get one THIS year. I feel like we will be flexed into December 23rd in place of MIN/GB since our game may be for the division and playoffs.

Only Sunday afternoon games are flexed FYI. December 23 is a Saturday.

I could see our game against the Titans being flexed because it probably will be a "win you're in" battle.

The Seattle game could get flexed

(10-26-2017, 11:47 PM)Jagslover32 Wrote: The Seattle game could get flexed

I hope not. That would remove our home field advantage.

I think we will get atleast 1 prime time game. Maybe 2.

We will have all kinds of stars on the big stage

Fournette
Arob
Hurns
Ramsey
Campbell
Fowler
Yannick
Bouye
And either Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Faulk, Cousin, Alex Smith

One most likely. NBC will not touch us, they seem to not want anything to do with us. They didn't even want us in 07 for the playoff game, it has been over 8 years since we made an appearance on SNF. We did get a SNF game in 2008 though so you never know. I think we could get 2 if TNF picks us up, and we also get a Monday game. I think we will need to string some winning seasons together for a Sunday night game.

I want a MNF game.

From a selfish point of view, Sunday afternoon games are so much better for me.. being that they're 6pm over here!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(10-27-2017, 12:26 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: One most likely. NBC will not touch us, they seem to not want anything to do with us. They didn't even want us in 07 for the playoff game, it has been over 8 years since we made an appearance on SNF. We did get a SNF game in 2008 though so you never know. I think we could get 2 if TNF picks us up, and we also get a Monday game. I think we will need to string some winning seasons together for a Sunday night game.

NBC wants teams that are regularly competitive - something we haven't been for a while. When we make the playoffs, they will be interested in us.

If we get into the postseason we'll have an NBC game, pretty sure every team who makes the playoffs the previous season gets an NBC game. That being said, I don't like primetime games. I like the classic 1pm time thats ALL about football, without all of this extra hype, loud noises and useless hoopla for a football game.

Could go either way to me. The good news is that we will have a competitive team with some star power, the bad news is that with the TV ratings falling I could see them stuffing even more primetime games with the traditional legacy market ratings darlings. If they go the latter direction the Jags will probably get shafted as usual with like one TNF game.

(10-27-2017, 04:34 AM)MojoKing Wrote: If we get into the postseason we'll have an NBC game, pretty sure every team who makes the playoffs the previous season gets an NBC game. That being said, I don't like primetime games. I like the classic 1pm time thats ALL about football, without all of this extra hype, loud noises and useless hoopla for a football game.
I went to my first (and last) NBA game in a long time last winter and was appalled. In the midst of this circus, a boring basketball game broke out. My memory of the night is of dancing girls, acrobatic boys, flashing lights, lasers, and loud music. I can't even tell you won the game.

On topic, likely one game depending of course on how we finish up. It's all about ratings and some teams don't bring the juice.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I'm guessing 1. The Titans game Week 17.

(10-27-2017, 12:28 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I want a MNF game.

I haven't watched a MNF game in years. SNF has definitely taken over as "THE" primetime game of the week. 

MNF sux. It isn't even close to what it used to be back in the day. 

I went to a MNF game in Cincy a few seasons ago. And, then I went to a SNF game not long after that. The SNF was a much better time. 

Just my opinion. Everyone to their own though.

I'd like a Thursday night game.... since I'm hearing about a UNI change... hoping we get new "color rush" design lol

(10-27-2017, 04:34 AM)MojoKing Wrote: If we get into the postseason we'll have an NBC game, pretty sure every team who makes the playoffs the previous season gets an NBC game. That being said, I don't like primetime games. I like the classic 1pm time thats ALL about football, without all of this extra hype, loud noises and useless hoopla for a football game.

Exactly!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-27-2017, 04:34 AM)MojoKing Wrote: If we get into the postseason we'll have an NBC game, pretty sure every team who makes the playoffs the previous season gets an NBC game. That being said, I don't like prime time games. I like the classic 1pm time that's ALL about football, without all of this extra hype, loud noises and useless hoopla for a football game.

You don't pay much attention to prime time games, apparently. All loud noises are the same for both day and night games. If "useless hoopla" is the pregame music, just do not turn your TV on until 8:20. Then it is all about football. Same goes for halftime - if you don't like it, don't watch it - but it is actually all about football too.

(10-27-2017, 07:33 AM)CurtSmith92 Wrote: I'm guessing 1. The Titans game Week 17.

^This^

It could be for the AFC South title, maybe even a 1st round bye. Hey, a guy can hope, right?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-27-2017, 02:54 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 04:34 AM)MojoKing Wrote: If we get into the postseason we'll have an NBC game, pretty sure every team who makes the playoffs the previous season gets an NBC game. That being said, I don't like prime time games. I like the classic 1pm time that's ALL about football, without all of this extra hype, loud noises and useless hoopla for a football game.

You don't pay much attention to prime time games, apparently. All loud noises are the same for both day and night games. If "useless hoopla" is the pregame music, just do not turn your TV on until 8:20. Then it is all about football. Same goes for halftime - if you don't like it, don't watch it - but it is actually all about football too.

That's his opinion. I don't think it's your right to question how he feels?