Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Westbrook is Coming Soon!!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 10:20 AM by Upper.)

(10-29-2017, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My expectations are for him to come in and make a spark on the offense. Impact rookie WR arent really that rare in todays game.  If you watched him in college you know he has the talent, I dont really care what he did in preseason.  I havent seen one person say he will be the passing game savior.  Its funny that you act like a rookie WR cant come in and help an offense

I watched him in college a ton, I see a Ted Ginn Jr. type at this level...at least what people hoped he was going to be. And between here, twitter, and reddit I think savior is a fair term even if not used explicitly. 400-600 yards in half a season expectations? A ~800-1200 yard pace for a rookie who has missed two months of development is expecting much more than a spark.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 10:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-29-2017, 10:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 10:14 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My expectations are for him to come in and make a spark on the offense. Impact rookie WR arent really that rare in todays game.  If you watched him in college you know he has the talent, I dont really care what he did in preseason.  I havent seen one person say he will be the passing game savior.  Its funny that you act like a rookie WR cant come in and help an offense

I watched him in college a ton, I see a Ted Ginn Jr. type at this level...at least what people hoped he was going to be. And between here, twitter, and reddit I think savior is a fair term even if not used explicitly. 400-600 yards in half a season expectations? A ~800-1200 yard pace for a rookie who has missed two months of development is expecting much more than a spark.

Westbrook is a much better route runner than Ginn ever was.  I havent seen anyone put out those numbers but ok.  I can see him getting 400 yards this year though

(10-29-2017, 09:54 AM)Upper Wrote: 1. Impact rookie WRs are pretty rare.
2. He has missed 2 months of development.
3. He hasn't played a snap yet against a single NFL caliber starter yet. He didn't even face many 2nd stringers. The guys he was beating are now selling cars and insurance.

Expectations need to be seriously tempered this passing game savior label is completely unfair to the poor guy.

(10-29-2017, 10:20 AM)Upper Wrote:

How come no other WR were putting up those kind of numbers if he was just going up against guys that are selling cars and insurace now though?

(10-29-2017, 06:34 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I guess we demote Mickens to activate Westbrook.

We have to cut a player to activate Westbrook. Mickens already is at the bottom of the depth chart.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 12:04 PM by Mowerguy.)

Take J. Blackmon off the list of Fred Biletnikoff Award winners for the last ten years ...and its quite a group of
players....and the odds are very high Westbrook will be money.
This year and for more to come.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Biletnikoff_Award
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-29-2017, 12:03 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Take J. Blackmon off the list of Fred Biletnikoff Award winners for the last ten years ...and its quite a group of

And Blackmon's failure had nothing to do with talent.

@git'er done - yeah ....I was going to make that point and forgot, Thanks.
I wonder how far JB would have gone in the NFL if he hadn't messed up his life.
Too bad he couldn't get the monkey off his back.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I believe Westbrook has all the talent in the world. I thought he was one of the top 3 receivers in the last draft, but I didn't have him on my board, because of the domestic violence charges. I'm just gonna have to get over that though. Taking that out of the equation and speaking strictly on what he can do on the field, I believe he can be a type of mixture between Brandin Cooks and Stefon Diggs.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 02:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-29-2017, 12:03 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Take J. Blackmon off the list of Fred Biletnikoff Award winners for the last ten years ...and its quite a group of

Dont take Blackmon off the list, he was a beast.  Just couldn't stay clean.  Hass and Lee are probably the worst of the bunch.  Coleman is a beast too just can't stay healthy

(10-29-2017, 09:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:18 AM)JackCity Wrote: Lets wait until he plays an NFL game before calling him the best rookie WR to come out of the draft.
It's my opinion, you don't have to feel that way.  Who do you think is the best rookie WR?
That's generally how they work. 

Based on play so far it's probably been Cooper Kupp. I like Westbrook alot though and hope he balls out

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 02:51 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-29-2017, 02:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 09:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's my opinion, you don't have to feel that way.  Who do you think is the best rookie WR?
That's generally how they work. 

Based on play so far it's probably been Cooper Kupp. I like Westbrook alot though and hope he balls out

So you feel like Kupp is the best WR in the draft?  Ok 

Let's see who is the best rookie WR the rest of the season.  I'd take Williams over Kupp as well.  I know he hasn't looked all that great the few games he's played but coming off the injury, I think Williams has the better career also.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 03:34 PM by JackCity.)

(10-29-2017, 02:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 02:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's generally how they work. 

So you feel like Kupp is the best WR in the draft?  Ok 

Let's see who is the best rookie WR the rest of the season.  I'd take Williams over Kupp as well.  I know he hasn't looked all that great the few games he's played but coming off the injury, I think Williams has the better career also.

"Based on play so far".  If I had to choose who will end up the best WR from this year's class I'd go Corey Davis.

Will be a few years before we can definitively say who was the best.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 03:54 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

He doesn't have to be a 1,200-yard receiver to be an impact. All he has to do is make the defense scared we'll go over the top with him. We don't have that at the moment.

(10-29-2017, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 02:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you feel like Kupp is the best WR in the draft?  Ok 

"Based on play so far".  If I had to choose who will end up the best WR from this year's class I'd go Corey Davis.  

I was asking who you felt was the best WR in the draft, or who will have the best career.  I think Davis will be a bust, plus he has no QB to get him the ball

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM by JackCity.)

(10-29-2017, 03:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: "Based on play so far".  If I had to choose who will end up the best WR from this year's class I'd go Corey Davis.  

I was asking who you felt was the best WR in the draft, or who will have the best career.  I think Davis will be a bust, plus he has no QB to get him the ball
Did you think Westbrook was the best WR in the draft before preseason?

Why do you think Davis will be a bust?

(10-29-2017, 04:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 03:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was asking who you felt was the best WR in the draft, or who will have the best career.  I think Davis will be a bust, plus he has no QB to get him the ball
Did you think Westbrook was the best WR in the draft before preseason?

I liked Williams and didn't even realize Westbrook entered the draft but i thought he was the best WR in college, dude dominated.  I know some WR like Rice and other have come from small colleges and excelled but I think it will hurt Davis a bit not going up against the competition and not having a QB that can get him the ball.  I think he will be decent just no where near what you want out of a top 5 pick

(10-29-2017, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 04:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Did you think Westbrook was the best WR in the draft before preseason?

I liked Williams and didn't even realize Westbrook entered the draft but i thought he was the best WR in college, dude dominated.  I know some WR like Rice and other have come from small colleges and excelled but I think it will hurt Davis a bit not going up against the competition and not having a QB that can get him the ball.  I think he will be decent just no where near what you want out of a top 5 pick

I think he has all the traits you'd want in an upper tier receiver , just needs to get healthy. Mariota can get him the ball just fine. In a bit of a funk atm as Mularkey looks to have taken them as far as he can.

(10-29-2017, 07:27 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I liked Williams and didn't even realize Westbrook entered the draft but i thought he was the best WR in college, dude dominated.  I know some WR like Rice and other have come from small colleges and excelled but I think it will hurt Davis a bit not going up against the competition and not having a QB that can get him the ball.  I think he will be decent just no where near what you want out of a top 5 pick

I think he has all the traits you'd want in an upper tier receiver , just needs to get healthy. Mariota can get him the ball just fine. In a bit of a funk atm as Mularkey looks to have taken them as far as he can.

Juju looking like the best rookie WR, other then the 1 drop

(10-29-2017, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think he has all the traits you'd want in an upper tier receiver , just needs to get healthy. Mariota can get him the ball just fine. In a bit of a funk atm as Mularkey looks to have taken them as far as he can.

Juju looking like the best rookie WR, other then the 1 drop

Yeah him and Kupp would be the leading two so far. Pity the top guys haven't really got a chance yet

Pretty big deal if Westbrook looks anything like he did in preseason with ARob gone.
No pain, no gain.

Information 

(10-29-2017, 01:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I believe Westbrook has all the talent in the world. I thought he was one of the top 3 receivers in the last draft, but I didn't have him on my board, because of the domestic violence charges. I'm just gonna have to get over that though. Taking that out of the equation and speaking strictly on what he can do on the field, I believe he can be a type of mixture between Brandin Cooks and Stefon Diggs.

I don't know anything about the legal issues Dede Westbrook had in college, but read one of them was domestic violence. Was it similar to the Joe Mixon case?