Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcus Mariota Discussion

Because I'm tired sifting through Mariota debates in the wrong threads.  

Here's the spot for such discussion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How long until Blake Bortles gets slated in this thread?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(11-12-2017, 09:43 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: How long until Blake Bortles gets slated in this thread?
 This is me trying to keep people on topic lately:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 10:44 PM by imtheblkranger.)

He hasn't been very good this season. Definitely hasn't taken the step people were expecting.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

LOL Just his thrid game winning drive in a row.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

Marcus Mariota is my hero

(11-12-2017, 11:13 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: LOL  Just his thrid game winning drive in a row.

Ooh very Tim Tebow.

Third game winning drive against some pretty weak competition. Some how they keep sqeaking by. We’ll see how that plays out the next few weeks.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I'm very interested to see how he plays this Thursday. My guess is Jags will take sole control of first this weekend.

He took a substantial step back this year. Seems like he can only pass down the seams. He looks really bad throwing outside of the hashes.

(11-13-2017, 02:39 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I'm very interested to see how he plays this Thursday.  My guess is Jags will take sole control of first this weekend.

My thoughts exactly.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 05:29 PM by CTEisREAL.)

Three weeks ago TN was 31st in red zone efficiency why? Mariota was hurt. Today they are tenth. Realize yesterday he had a TD dropped by Matthews and Davis fumbled a passing TD going into the endzone. Mariota was the reason TN won 3 of the last four on one leg. People forget when he was healthy he detroyed Jax and Sea. And Sea and Jax had no injuries. And Mariota had no Davis in either game. He has also been without his best OG in Spain for three weeks now.

Mariota is the only elite QB in this division. That is the difference right now between Jax and TN. TN can rely on their QB and Jax cannot. I saw Bortles yesterday and you guys were lucky BB did not cost you that game.

TN played cleveland in CLevelend. You'll find out for yourself their D is pretty solid. Their DL is a lot better than you think. You caught a break with Collins being hurt but I don't think you have to score a lot because Kizer is good only for 14 points. Lenny F has been quiet since Pitt. And he won't do much against Clev either. Bortles better not turn the ball over in Clev and give them short fields and scores because it might make the game tough.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(11-13-2017, 11:33 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Mariota is the only elite QB in this division.  

"elite" 

Yeah, ummm, he may have a little ways to go yet on that one.   LOL

(11-13-2017, 11:33 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Three weeks ago TN was 31st in red zone efficiency why?  Mariota was hurt.  Today they are tenth.  Realize yesterday he had a TD dropped by Matthews and Davis fumbled a passing TD going into the endzone.  Mariota was the reason TN won 3 of the last four on one leg.  People forget when he was healthy he detroyed Jax and Sea.  And Sea and Jax had no injuries.  And Mariota had no Davis in either game.  He has also been without his best OG in Spain for three weeks now.

Mariota is the only elite QB in this division.  That is the difference right now between Jax and TN.  TN can rely on their QB and Jax cannot.  I saw Bortles yesterday and you guys were lucky BB did not cost you that game.  

TN played cleveland in CLevelend.  You'll find out for yourself their D is pretty solid.  Their DL is a lot better than you think.  You caught a break with COllins being hurt but I don't think you have to score a lot because Kizer is good only for 14 points.  Lenny F has been quiet since Pitt.  And he won't do much against Clev either.   Bortles better not turn the ball over in Clev and give them short fields and scores because it might make the game tough.
Elite? Hardly. The difference in the tacks and the Jags...the Jags have talent across the board and any given game one of the units can win the game. THis is a TEAM. The tacks are leaning strictly on the hopes their "Elite" QB can pull one off. I'll take the more rounded team any day.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

tacks....meet squealers....squealers...meet tacks.
Have fun tacks.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think MM can be a good QB at times. I do not think he is elite. There is nothing wrong with being good. You can win with a good QB. Elite is a designation that only a few QBs ever reach. That being said, his stats are very similar to Bortles this year and I am not sure that anyone in Blake's orbit can be labeled as elite.

MM seems to be a streaky QB. Some weeks I see his stat line and he has like 300 yards on 12 completions, but then he turns around and stinks it up.

That being said, I noticed someone up above questioned his ability to throw outside the hash marks. A while back in one of the endless MM threads on the old board, I questioned his ability to do this because it seemed as though he was throwing a lot of seam routes and slants. Admittedly I have not watched him outside of the Jags-Titans games since probably his 2nd second year. Can anyone confirm or deny his ability to throw the out pattern?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Does anyone want to talk about the elephant in the room? Mariota's mustache is just awful.

agree on the stache.

(11-13-2017, 03:30 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: He took a substantial step back this year. Seems like he can only pass down the seams. He looks really bad throwing outside of the hashes.

So he's the same he's always been?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

'Elite'..

Ok.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...