Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey questionable on Sunday

(11-24-2017, 06:48 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: JR20

Stop it. Stop it right now.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 08:42 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(11-24-2017, 07:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 03:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Ramsey has a bad habit of knocking down balls even in walk-through practices.  The coaches have told him to stop but he refuses.  So Bortles can't lob a ball to a WR going at 1/4 speed because Ramsey will jump in and knock it down.  Every time.  Now it appears his antics have cost him one or more starts and may cost his team one or more victories.  I hope your hand isn't busted, Jalen "I Don't Let My Team Practice" Ramsey.

Practice like you play.

I get that, but some of these practices are more about the mental aspect.  Getting lined up properly, everyone knowing their assignments, getting the snap counts and the audibles down, etc.  Lobbing the ball to a WR and having Jalen knock it down is like handing off to Fournette in practice and having Telvin crash in and snatch the ball because he knows the snap count.  It's bush league, IMO.  The team is trying to simulate the throw and catch at less than full speed, and Ramsey is using the reduced speed of practice to hot-shot and "make plays".  Save it for the game.  Jalen got kicked out of multiple practices at FSU and he continues to defy 2 coaching staffs about his practice habits.  If it caused an injury, it's officially a problem.

(11-24-2017, 08:41 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 07:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Practice like you play.

I get that, but some of these practices are more about the mental aspect.  Getting lined up properly, everyone knowing their assignments, getting the snap counts and the audibles down, etc.  Lobbing the ball to a WR and having Jalen knock it down is like handing off to Fournette in practice and having Telvin crash in and snatch the ball because he knows the snap count.  It's bush league, IMO.  The team is trying to simulate the throw and catch at less than full speed, and Ramsey is using the reduced speed of practice to hot-shot and "make plays".  Save it for the game.  Jalen got kicked out of multiple practices at FSU and he continues to defy 2 coaching staffs about his practice habits.  If it caused an injury, it's officially a problem.

If he is being an [BLEEP] at practice... ok... but I don't think batting balls down at practice is an injury risk activity... That sounds stupid.

(11-24-2017, 08:41 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 07:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Practice like you play.

A receiver could easily jam his finger while trying to make a catch in practice, should they then stop throwing the ball cause it could cause a fluke injury?

It is about the mental aspect, I agree. Ramsey doesn't want to allow any completions against him period. In game, or in practice. I don't have an issue with him trying to knock balls away in practice.

Now, if this injury was caused by him trying to make some incredible diving play and he hurt his hand while going to the ground. I can definitely see some issue with that. Players shouldn't be purposely going to the ground in a practice, during this time of the season.

(11-24-2017, 09:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 08:41 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I get that, but some of these practices are more about the mental aspect.  Getting lined up properly, everyone knowing their assignments, getting the snap counts and the audibles down, etc.  Lobbing the ball to a WR and having Jalen knock it down is like handing off to Fournette in practice and having Telvin crash in and snatch the ball because he knows the snap count.  It's bush league, IMO.  The team is trying to simulate the throw and catch at less than full speed, and Ramsey is using the reduced speed of practice to hot-shot and "make plays".  Save it for the game.  Jalen got kicked out of multiple practices at FSU and he continues to defy 2 coaching staffs about his practice habits.  If it caused an injury, it's officially a problem.

A receiver could easily jam his finger while trying to make a catch in practice, should they then stop throwing the ball cause it could cause a fluke injury?

It is about the mental aspect, I agree. Ramsey doesn't want to allow any completions against him period. In game, or in practice. I don't have an issue with him trying to knock balls away in practice.

Now, if this injury was caused by him trying to make some incredible diving play and he hurt his hand while going to the ground. I can definitely see some issue with that. Players shouldn't be purposely going to the ground in a practice, during this time of the season.

I've jammed my finger making a sandwich, it wasn't anyone's fault... and then come sunday it didn't hurt anymore and I was back to eating sandwiches again. He will be fine.

Yeah hope it did not hurt your finger making that sandwich tisk tisk! But still hope he will just not let the injury ruin his season. Big part or one of the biggest parts of the team's success.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

He's getting his special customised boots done like he does every week so I presume he's playing.

(11-24-2017, 09:42 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 09:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: A receiver could easily jam his finger while trying to make a catch in practice, should they then stop throwing the ball cause it could cause a fluke injury?

I've jammed my finger making a sandwich, it wasn't anyone's fault... and then come sunday it didn't hurt anymore and I was back to eating sandwiches again. He will be fine.

Agreed. If it's only a jammed hand, there's no way he isn't on the field this Sunday.

Let's also remember there is no "probable" designation anymore. So if you're on the list, you're Questionable at minimum.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Did I miss something? Did they say how he got hurt or is all the "batting balls down at practice" talk just speculation?

(11-24-2017, 04:08 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I’m inclined to believe this is just mind games but if not I’m certain we would win without him. The defense is stacked and I think could absorb multiple injuries

This is what Oesher is implying. He's basically saying that Ramsey is fine and was just "having Thanksgiving fun" scaring a reporter in the locker room into thinking he'd be out. They ran with it, but it sounds like he was just messing with the guy.
'02

(11-24-2017, 11:29 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 04:08 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I’m inclined to believe this is just mind games but if not I’m certain we would win without him. The defense is stacked and I think could absorb multiple injuries

This is what Oesher is implying. He's basically saying that Ramsey is fine and was just "having Thanksgiving fun" scaring a reporter in the locker room into thinking he'd be out. They ran with it, but it sounds like he was just messing with the guy.

All that talk about getting injured batting passes down seems a bit tongue-in-cheek now. Hopefully that’s the case

(11-24-2017, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's getting his special customised boots done like he does every week so I presume he's playing.

NICE!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 05:38 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Honestly I don't think we'll need him. Fitzgerald isn't the same player he was 5 years ago. Gabbert is the QB... just need some pass rush. On a more personal level he talks a lot of crap and calls people soft but he won't play because his hand hurts?
No pain, no gain.

(11-24-2017, 08:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 06:48 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: JR20

Stop it. Stop it right now.

At least include the entire quote

First thing I thought was how would you know you cant play 3 days before the game with a jammed hand, Ramsey def messing with the guy
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(11-25-2017, 09:49 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 08:22 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Stop it. Stop it right now.

At least include the entire quote

Didn't need to. Was specifically talking about the stupid initials + number nickname nonsense.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Shadow boxing with Fournette in the locker room today

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 01:02 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

(11-24-2017, 09:16 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 08:41 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I get that, but some of these practices are more about the mental aspect.  Getting lined up properly, everyone knowing their assignments, getting the snap counts and the audibles down, etc.  Lobbing the ball to a WR and having Jalen knock it down is like handing off to Fournette in practice and having Telvin crash in and snatch the ball because he knows the snap count.  It's bush league, IMO.  The team is trying to simulate the throw and catch at less than full speed, and Ramsey is using the reduced speed of practice to hot-shot and "make plays".  Save it for the game.  Jalen got kicked out of multiple practices at FSU and he continues to defy 2 coaching staffs about his practice habits.  If it caused an injury, it's officially a problem.

If he is being an [BLEEP] at practice... ok... but I don't think batting balls down at practice is an injury risk activity... That sounds stupid.

If it's not an injury risk, how did Ramsey injure the hand?  Multiple stories report he was batting a ball away.  A national story a few weeks ago mentioned the ejections from practice at FSU and that he refused to stop batting balls even though the current coaching staff (and the previous coaching staff) have told him not to do it. 

Is he being a [BLEEP] in practice when he refuses to take coaching?  Do you not think this undermines the team when other players see one player flatly defy the coaches in every practice and not get disciplined for it?

I swear we find anything to mad about lol