Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump rejects TIME for Man of Year

Love hearing this. TIME wanted a "favor", and Trump said, na, I'm good". 

I think everyone already knows he is the man of the year without a magazine saying so. Now they can run the out of work guy with an afro.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 11:59 AM by JackCity.)

You bought that? Cmon Stroudcrowd. You're smarter than that..

He's been tweeting about being TIMES man of the year every year since 2012

Except that Time has already come out and said that that's a load of poo. Looks like Trump is cooking up some #fakenews of his own.

(11-25-2017, 12:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: Except that Time has already come out and said that that's a load of poo. Looks like Trump is cooking up some #fakenews of his own.

You believe TIME? C'mon man.

Lets be honest. Love him, or hate him. Donald Trump IS the man of the year and it isn't even close, just based on what he accomplished becoming president.

TIME tried to go an extra step to sell mags and got shot down.

(11-25-2017, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Love hearing this. TIME wanted a "favor", and Trump said, na, I'm good". 

I think everyone already knows he is the man of the year without a magazine saying so. Now they can run the out of work guy with an afro.

[Image: tSjoeVD.jpg]

(11-25-2017, 01:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 12:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: Except that Time has already come out and said that that's a load of poo. Looks like Trump is cooking up some #fakenews of his own.

You believe TIME? C'mon man.

You believe Trump? C'mon man.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 02:33 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-25-2017, 02:27 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 01:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You believe TIME? C'mon man.

You believe Trump? C'mon man.

I believe TIME tried to leverage their MOTY award to gain something extra from the WH and it backfired.

It would be an empty award, akin to Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.

Time magazine has a long history of selling its soul for money.

Lol

I turned down NFL MVP because they said I would probably win. Not good enough for me

See! This is so easy!

According to Trump, Time wanted and exclusive interview and he said No thank you
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-25-2017, 04:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Time magazine has a long history of selling its soul for money.

That trait isn't exactly uncommon in Washington either.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 08:46 PM by TJBender.)

(11-25-2017, 04:58 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to Trump, Time wanted and exclusive interview and he said No thank you

According to me, Trump said he was probably going to hire me as his Secretary of Offense, but I said that probably wasn't good enough and declined.

(11-25-2017, 02:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 02:27 PM)TJBender Wrote: You believe Trump? C'mon man.

I believe TIME tried to leverage their MOTY award to gain something extra from the WH and it backfired.

I believe Trump looked down when he woke up and decided he needed his base to help his "heart" grow a few sizes that day, so he made up a story that's literally impossible to prove false.

They can still name him Person of the Year without an interview. It's not necessarily an honor. After all.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-26-2017, 11:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote: They can still name him Person of the Year without an interview. It's not necessarily an honor. After all...

[Image: OsamaPOTY_big.jpg]

If that's real, Time magazine has awful graphic designers. Not even High School quality photoshopping.

(11-27-2017, 09:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 11:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote: They can still name him Person of the Year without an interview. It's not necessarily an honor. After all...

If that's real, Time magazine has awful graphic designers. Not even High School quality photoshopping.

Bin Laden was strongly considered for Person of the Year in 2001, but they went with Rudy Giuliani instead.

(11-27-2017, 12:05 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If that's real, Time magazine has awful graphic designers. Not even High School quality photoshopping.

Bin Laden was strongly considered for Person of the Year in 2001, but they went with Rudy Giuliani instead.

Thanks, didn't know that +1

(11-27-2017, 12:05 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If that's real, Time magazine has awful graphic designers. Not even High School quality photoshopping.

Yeah, you're right. Bad research, I should have gone with my first choice, Hitler, or Stalin, Khrushchev or the Ayatollah Khomeini. The point was being designated Person of the Year is not necessarily an honor, or in recognition of honorable deeds.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-29-2017, 05:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 12:05 PM)TJBender Wrote: Bin Laden was strongly considered for Person of the Year in 2001, but they went with Rudy Giuliani instead.

Yeah, you're right. Bad research, I should have gone with my first choice, Hitler, or Stalin, Khrushchev or the Ayatollah Khomeini. The point was being designated Person of the Year is not necessarily an honor, or in recognition of honorable deeds.

#FakeNews

(11-29-2017, 05:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 05:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Yeah, you're right. Bad research, I should have gone with my first choice, Hitler, or Stalin, Khrushchev or the Ayatollah Khomeini. The point was being designated Person of the Year is not necessarily an honor, or in recognition of honorable deeds.

#FakeNews

I still don't fully understand how you (among others) can be so quick to fling around the #fakenews label when the man throwing it is the king of making [BLEEP] up.