Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Question for Moderators

Why would you lock the "Caldwell is a Genius" thread that already had 63 replies and was weeks old after I posted in it? Can the moderator who is doing this please provide a reason?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No need to hide. Just looking for an explanation.

Not sure what happened to that thread. Wasn't my doing.

Probably was just closed since there was a similar thread already open.

(11-27-2017, 10:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure what happened to that thread. Wasn't my doing.

There was a moderator deleting my posts after the game yesterday and they locked that thread after I posted in it. Just looking for an explanation on why it was locked and if any rules were broken. I would expect the moderator who did this to step up and provide a reason. If someone has a personal issue with me, PM me.

(11-27-2017, 10:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 10:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure what happened to that thread. Wasn't my doing.

There was a moderator deleting my posts after the game yesterday and they locked that thread after I posted in it. Just looking for an explanation on why it was locked and if any rules were broken. I would expect the moderator who did this to step up and provide a reason. If someone has a personal issue with me, PM me.

I didn't do it, but have researched it.  The problem will be corrected.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-27-2017, 09:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 10:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There was a moderator deleting my posts after the game yesterday and they locked that thread after I posted in it. Just looking for an explanation on why it was locked and if any rules were broken. I would expect the moderator who did this to step up and provide a reason. If someone has a personal issue with me, PM me.

I didn't do it, but have researched it.  The problem will be corrected.

Sometimes I really do believe that you attend the First Galactic Church of Spock.

Bumping old threads just to go "I told you so" doesn't add anything to the discussion. We've removed posts like that in the past and I will continue to do so in the future. If you feel you have something new to add you can always start a new thread.

(11-28-2017, 03:45 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Bumping old threads just to go "I told you so" doesn't add anything to the discussion. We've removed posts like that in the past and I will continue to do so in the future. If you feel you have something new to add you can always start a new thread.

It does add to the discussion when your previous statements are playing out in real time. Sounds to me like Mod just didn't like that the previous statements were coming true and shut it down to save face, which clearly calls Mod's objectivity into question. Too many instances where the convo goes poorly for someone in power so the locks (or warnings and deletes) come out to shut it down.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 09:47 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-28-2017, 03:45 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Bumping old threads just to go "I told you so" doesn't add anything to the discussion. We've removed posts like that in the past and I will continue to do so in the future. If you feel you have something new to add you can always start a new thread.

This isn't North Korea man. You shouldn't go locking threads with 60+ posts in them because I post a thought in them.

(11-28-2017, 08:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It does add to the discussion when your previous statements are playing out in real time. Sounds to me like Mod just didn't like that the previous statements were coming true and shut it down to save face, which clearly calls Mod's objectivity into question. Too many instances where the convo goes poorly for someone in power so the locks (or warnings and deletes) come out to shut it down.

[Image: hit-the-nail-on-the-head-610x426.jpg]

(11-28-2017, 08:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Considering I never took part in the thread that was being bumped I'd say that argument goes straight out the door.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017, 01:34 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-28-2017, 12:58 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 08:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It does add to the discussion when your previous statements are playing out in real time. Sounds to me like Mod just didn't like that the previous statements were coming true and shut it down to save face, which clearly calls Mod's objectivity into question. Too many instances where the convo goes poorly for someone in power so the locks (or warnings and deletes) come out to shut it down.

Considering I never took part in the thread that was being bumped I'd say that argument goes straight out the door.

So who locked the thread then? Threads are bumped in forums all of the time. It isn't something new and typically doesn't require a justification other than prompting.

In online forums and other online discussion spaces bump is the word used to describe an action (e.g. a message post) so that a particular thread is returned to the top in the list of threads. Some users may even post a message with only the word "bump" to indicate they are posting only to bump the thread to the top of the list where more users will see it.

(11-28-2017, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 12:58 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Considering I never took part in the thread that was being bumped I'd say that argument goes straight out the door.

So who locked the thread then? Threads are bumped in forums all of the time. It isn't something new and typically doesn't require a justification other than prompting.

I locked the thread because as I said; bumping a thread without new content just to go "I told you so" doesn't add anything to the discussion. It's just sad gloating from people whose self worth is tied up with winning pointless internet arguments.

(11-28-2017, 01:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So who locked the thread then? Threads are bumped in forums all of the time. It isn't something new and typically doesn't require a justification other than prompting.

I locked the thread because as I said; bumping a thread without new content just to go "I told you so" doesn't add anything to the discussion. It's just sad gloating from people whose self worth is tied up with winning pointless internet arguments.

That's a piss poor reason to do it, gloating is part of what makes this fun.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-28-2017, 04:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 01:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I locked the thread because as I said; bumping a thread without new content just to go "I told you so" doesn't add anything to the discussion. It's just sad gloating from people whose self worth is tied up with winning pointless internet arguments.

That's a piss poor reason to do it, gloating is part of what makes this fun.

Exactly. DF was also going behind me and deleting my posts in other threads after I made them. North Korean propaganda at its finest I suppose.

If there are specific rules I am breaking, I can live with the consequences, but locking a thread after being bumped is downright criminal!

Some or one of them also just changes the name of threads to suit them. I can understand and appreciate spelling error corrections but to change the wording is just odd.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2018, 10:43 AM by Jagwired.)

Mods deleting threads again just because they don't like them. My thread Jags/Pittsburgh score prediction thread last night was Jags football related and in the correct forum. Low and behold I awake to find it missing. Weeeeeaaaaak Sauce by some over reaching mod. Lame O.

Edit: Damn , noticed several of my posts gone as well that did not violate the COC. Even more lame.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Shall we move this thread to the political section?.......... Huh Blush
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-06-2018, 12:56 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Shall we move this thread to the political section?.......... Huh Blush
That is kind of funny. A definite +1 to you good sir.

I hope this sufficiently adds to the discussion. I have no knowledge nor opinion on this either way.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-06-2018, 10:40 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Mods deleting threads again just because they don't like them. My thread Jags/Pittsburgh score prediction thread last night was Jags football related and in the correct forum. Low and behold I awake to find it missing. Weeeeeaaaaak Sauce by some over reaching mod. Lame O.

Edit: Damn , noticed several of my posts gone as well that did not violate the COC. Even more lame.

I've been having the same issue. I posted a topic a few weeks ago and DragonFury closed it for no reason. It was on topic and I even had mods posting in it, which showed it was fine.

Seems DragonFury has been just letting a little too much power go to his/her head.

(01-07-2018, 10:19 AM)Brett Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 10:40 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Mods deleting threads again just because they don't like them. My thread Jags/Pittsburgh score prediction thread last night was Jags football related and in the correct forum. Low and behold I awake to find it missing. Weeeeeaaaaak Sauce by some over reaching mod. Lame O.

I've been having the same issue. I posted a topic a few weeks ago and DragonFury closed it for no reason. It was on topic and I even had mods posting in it, which showed it was fine.

Seems DragonFury has been just letting a little too much power go to his/her head.

You think I've gone mad with power? WELL YOU'RE RIGHT!  I've gone mad with a moderate amount of power!!