Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Mid-Season Rankings

(11-19-2017, 02:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 02:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I totally agree. Rosen's problem is a lack of talent around him. Lansley is finally turning into a decent receiver, but it has taken a while. After losing his top receiver to injury (TE Caleb Wilson,) the receiving has been inconsistent, the running game has stalled and the UCLA defense has been nothing short of pathetic this year, especially the run defense, ranking 129th out of 130 teams. I'm really surprised they kept this game close. I was expecting USC to hang 50 on the Bruins.

Darnold needs to go back to school. He shows great leadership, but a mix of poor reads, turnovers and sloppy mechanics is very concerning. He'd do himself a service by returning to school.

Darren Andrews was his best receiver and played good all year but he lost him as well a couple weeks ago to an ACL i believe.  UCLA defense is straight trash though

Andrews started the season very well, but had become more inconsistent as the season went on, including some key drops. If you're talking about pro potential, I believe Wilson is the better receiver.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We can relax the "weak QB class" narratives for this year too. Mayfield , Rosen and Jackson all elite QB prospects. All top 20 picks.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 04:19 PM by Caldrac.)

Walterfootball has us taking Josh Allen with the 26th overall selection out of Wyoming.That's a terrible choice if they do go that route. I would rather them "reach" on Mayfield there. The other guy has us actually getting Mayfield all the way down in Round Three. Which I find hard to believe going into next year with so many QB deprived teams or with teams that have to start looking for a passer to groom like New England, New Orleans, New York (Giants) and Arizona.

The only way this team addresses the QB position next year is either through a big name signing like Cousins (If Washington finally gives in and lets him go) or Manning (If New York parts ways) or they'll have to more than likely trade up and package something together to acquire a guy like Rosen or Jackson in the top 3 - 5 slot or maybe move down into the teens if Mayfield is still on the board.

But you have to make sure this kid, whoever they choose, that, when they do bring him in he's going to be at least a Deshaun Watson caliber rookie as a passer as soon as he gets into the starting line-up. Otherwise it's a shaky investment.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Despite his disappointing season, I don't see Josh Allen falling that far in this draft. He still has the best arm and highest ceiling of all the quarterbacks other than possibly Rosen. General managers will rationalize his poor season by saying he had no supporting cast. As far as the Jaguars are concerned, it Allen somehow fell to them they would need to sign a veteran free agent to start next season unless they just kept Bortles and his $19 million salary. I just don't think Allen would be ready to start on Day 1. I'll leave it to the scouts to determine if he would be worth it since I haven't seen much of the guy this season. If they feel he has the mental makeup to go along with his arm strength then I believe it would be a "no brainer" to get a guy who was projected to be the number 1 pick by many prior to this season.

Only 6/7 more games of Blake left!

Via draft or free agency which QB would you like on the Jags the next year?

(11-27-2017, 12:52 AM)luigi Wrote: Via draft or free agency which QB would you like on the Jags the next year?

Draft wise I'd go 

1) Mayfield
2) Lamar
3) Rosen  

Free agency or trade wise I'd go 

1) Kirk Cousins 
2) Tyrod Taylor 
3) Alex Smith

(11-27-2017, 01:18 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 12:52 AM)luigi Wrote: Via draft or free agency which QB would you like on the Jags the next year?

Draft wise I'd go 

1) Mayfield
2) Lamar
3) Rosen  

1) Kirk Cousins 
2) Tyrod Taylor 
3) Alex Smith

Smith still has 1 more year on his deal after this year

(11-27-2017, 08:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 01:18 AM)JackCity Wrote: Draft wise I'd go 

1) Mayfield
2) Lamar
3) Rosen  

1) Kirk Cousins 
2) Tyrod Taylor 
3) Alex Smith

Smith still has 1 more year on his deal after this year
That's where the trade part comes in. Plus the Chiefs have an out in the contract this year anyway.

I hope everyone's come around on Baker Mayfield by now.

Doesn't he really matter though. The only way he makes it to us is if we trade up into the top 10

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 03:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-02-2017, 03:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: I hope everyone's come around on Baker Mayfield by now.

Doesn't he really matter though. The only way he makes it to us is if we trade up into the top 10

A lot on here said we should tank for Teddy and every team in the league passed on him.   Not saying Teddy is Baker are the same but just saying you never know, teams could drop him for his immaturity and his height

A Rod went late first and Brees went top of the 2nd because of their height and there were no off the field or immaturity issues with them

(12-02-2017, 03:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 03:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: I hope everyone's come around on Baker Mayfield by now.

A lot on here said we should tank for Teddy and every team in the league passed on him.   Not saying Teddy is Baker are the same but just saying you never know, teams could drop him for his immaturity and his height

A Rod went late first and Brees went top of the 2nd because of their height and there were no off the field or immaturity issues with them

Yeah it's hard to tell how the NFL will judge him (and Lamar) this year. As the weeks go on the more I'm sure they'll be happy with him as a prospect and forget about his height.   

Ton of QB needy teams this year in the top 20. Only 3/4 viable first round QBs too. At this point I'd be very surprised if he landed outside the top 15 bar some kind of off the field meltdown.

My list: (FA and Draft)
1. Mayfield
2. Cousins
3. Manning/Alex Smith and draft Rudolph in the 2nd.

Ideal scenario outside of Cousins is Eli and Mayfield
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-02-2017, 06:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ideal scenario outside of Cousins is Eli and Mayfield

Would still want Mayfield or a top QB if we sign Eli.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017, 09:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-02-2017, 05:18 PM)Jags239 Wrote: My list: (FA and Draft)
1. Mayfield
2. Cousins

Rudolph is not falling to round 2.

I watched Riley Ferguson play today and despite the loss to UCF, I thought he played really well. He has been getting better and better all season and if the top 3 QB's (Rosen, Rudolph and Mayfield) are gone by the time we pick and no teams are willing to trade with us, I'd be o.k. with selecting him in round 2. I think he has some potential.

(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
1. Mayfield
2. Cousins

I watched Riley Ferguson play today and despite the loss to UCF, I thought he played really well. He has been getting better and better all season and if the top 3 QB's (Rosen, Rudolph and Mayfield) are gone by the time we pick and no teams are willing to trade with us, I'd be o.k. with selecting him in round 2. I think he has some potential.

I wouldn't mind if we got Rudolph round 1 really. I just think Mayfield can step on the field day 1 and be a dynamic player. I think Rudolph needs a year or so under someone to learn.

(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
1. Mayfield
2. Cousins

Been calling for Riley for a while...what once could have been a 3rd rounder is looking like it might take a trade up in the 2nd.

(12-02-2017, 10:00 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Rudolph is not falling to round 2.

I wouldn't mind if we got Rudolph round 1 really. I just think Mayfield can step on the field day 1 and be a dynamic player. I think Rudolph needs a year or so under someone to learn.

I believe Rudolph and Mayfield may likely be gone when we pick, if we don't trade up.

(12-02-2017, 07:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 06:58 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Ideal scenario outside of Cousins is Eli and Mayfield

Would still want Mayfield or a top QB if we sign Eli.

That's what I said. Sign Cousins,

Or

Eli AND Mayfield
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS