Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Griff's QB Mid-Season Rankings

QB Draft Rankings:

1. Josh Rosen- The "Chosen One", Josh Rosen has been one of the most hyped and talked about quarterback since he was in high school. After a stellar freshman year at UCLA, Josh Rosen didnt live up to the hype last year, ending the season with a shoulder surgery. However this year Rosen has reattained his status as a top passer in college football. He has been asked to carry the team and has done very well doing so, leading the nation in the NCAA. He has looked the part and looked like the guy who we all thought he was to be.

2. Sam Darnold- Troubles with decision-making have caused some major issues this year for USC's Sam Darnold. He hasn't quite looked like the guy we all saw last year. He looks like he is trying to do too much and trying to force throws leading to a lot of poor decisions. His arm isnt the greatest although pretty decent. He is very young and by seasons end we may have a totally different feel of the LA phenom.

3. Lamar Jackson- Coming off a very electric, Heisman winning season, Lamar Jackson wasnt highly thought of by NFL franchises, however he has improved greatly as a passer. Improving his mediocre 56% completion percentage to 63% and looks much more like a qb who knows what hes doing. His new willingness to stay and shred teams with his arm instead of his legs, though still a crucial part of his game, is what he needed to do to gain some tread in the race to be a top qb. Playing in a pro system is also a very intriguing trait for Jackson to have. He should go in rd 1 and may climb higher come draft time.

4. Mason Rudolph- The highest climber of the year, over the summer getting rd 3-4 grades, he has skyrocketed in draft talks, while racking up a Heisman worthy season to date. He has all the size and mobility you look for in a quarterback. Last year there were concerns with his arm strength and reading and going through progressions. this year both his weaknesses look much better as he is putting more zip on the ball and making reads much more often this season.

5. Luke Falk- The "Air Raid" system guy, Falk is racking up stats like nobody's business. He has a 72% CP and has thrown 19 Tds to 2 INTs and outdueled Sam Darnold a few weeks ago in a PAC 12 showdown. He has been consistent and has made his name known around the NFL people.

6. Will Grier- I'm sure many of you are very familiar with this quarterback, a highly recruited Gator transfer. Grier has made Florida wish he was still there. He has been on fire and even in the losses has been a top qb. He has yet to throw under 300 yards and each week continues to gain recognition. He is a great short to intermediate passer and has plus athleticism and is tough as nails. He wont go under looked come draft time.

7. Baker Mayfield- The nation's highest rated qb in college and by a long shot. He is small, but has a decent arm and is a winner. He is gritty and comes with a certain swagger about him. He leads the draft-able qbs in comp percentage at 75% and has yet to throw an interception this year. He isnt the flashy arm, size guy but he knows how to win.

8. Josh Allen- The body and arm NFL GMs dream of having. Allen has been a massive disappointment, especially against Power-5 teams. He hasnt lived up to the massive hype and I never bought in to it. Coming on the footsteps on Bortles, it is hard for me to fall in love with someone so ... well "Bortles-esque". He lacks accuracy and is dangerous with decision making. He may rise again but for me, I dont think he will ever be my "guy"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At this point in time I think I'd have it

1) Lamar
2A)Rosen
2B) Mayfield

Rudolph looks very meh to me as an NFL prospect. I like Grier as a mid round developmental guy.

Some other guys you might interest you are Jarret Stidham and that QB from Memphis. Can't think of his name.

Thus far I am not going to be that excited with anyone except Rosen and Jackson.

I really like Rudolph, Rosen and Mayfield. Those are the only guys I'd consider in round 1. Darnold really needs to return to school to refine his mechanics and Josh Allen is horribly overrated. I see bust written all over him. Grier is an interesting guy, but my gut tells me he stays in school.

Jackson over Rudolph? Lol. We could only pray the GMs ahead of us have their board like that

The good thing about Mayfield we can get him in the 2nd or maybe 3rd

I'd still add Riley Ferguson to the list on par/above Grier.

Once again I think we don't go QB til the 3rd round...Rosen/Darnold/Rudolph will be gone by our pick. Possibly Jackson as well.

None of the remaining QBs left seem to be worth a 1st rounder unless you are sold on Mayfield as he probably won't last to mid/late 2nd.

In the 3rd round though I see a lot of intriguing guys: Ferguson, Grier, Browning.

I really ain't trying to get into a big ol thing over someone else's opinions...
but this list is whack lol

Grier and Falk over Mayfield?
ooooooooooootay.....

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Sign Drew Brees draft Luke Falk and we are set
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(10-12-2017, 01:08 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Sign Drew Brees draft Luke Falk and we are set

I could get behind this...

Although... Brees and Mayfield would be seamless.
Brees could teach Mayfield how to adjust for his height...

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 06:01 PM by JackCity.)

(10-12-2017, 07:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jackson over Rudolph?  Lol.  We could only pray the GMs ahead of us have their board like that

The correct order.

Darnold is staying in school

(10-12-2017, 01:08 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Sign Drew Brees draft Luke Falk and we are set

He does not impress me. All he does is dink and dunk. I watched 3 of his games and all I wanted to see was him throwing deep. I'm still waiting.

Falk is the caffeine free diet coke of QBs.

(10-12-2017, 10:28 AM)Kane Wrote: I really ain't trying to get into a big ol thing over someone else's opinions...

ooooooooooootay.....

I could see it. Rudolph has his warts.

I have my top 2 as Jackson and Mayfield right now. What I really like about Mayfield, which is even more impressive because of his height, is that he has a quick release and throws with incredible angles and trajectory. It makes it really hard to defend as a defensive back, especially when you consider all the shoulder fakes he throws.

Where's the guy from NC State?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 03:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-13-2017, 03:24 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Where's the guy from NC State?

Not sure but he looked damn good in the 2 games I seen agaisnt Fl St and Louisville.  The Memphis QB too

This is probably the deepest QB and OT class I have seen and we could use one of each

(10-13-2017, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:24 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Where's the guy from NC State?

Not sure but he looked damn good in the 2 games I seen agaisnt Fl St and Louisville.  The Memphis QB too

This is probably the deepest QB and OT class I have seen and we could use one of each

Yea I really like Riley Ferguson (Memphis QB) as a 3rd/4th rounder.

1st round: Quenton Nelson/Mitch McGlinchey/Orlando Brown
2nd round: TE- Mark Andrews/Hayden Hurst
3rd Round: Riley Ferguson

(10-13-2017, 03:46 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 10:28 AM)Kane Wrote: I really ain't trying to get into a big ol thing over someone else's opinions...

ooooooooooootay.....

I could see it. Rudolph has his warts.

I have my top 2 as Jackson and Mayfield right now. What I really like about Mayfield, which is even more impressive because of his height, is that he has a quick release and throws with incredible angles and trajectory. It makes it really hard to defend as a defensive back, especially when you consider all the shoulder fakes he throws.

Lol, just realized you said Mayfield and not Rudolph. I agree. My bad.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 08:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-13-2017, 04:32 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure but he looked damn good in the 2 games I seen agaisnt Fl St and Louisville.  The Memphis QB too

The more I wattch Ferguson, he just doesnt have the arm strength.  Finley is easily my top guy in the 3rd or 4th if Mayfield is gone.  This is just last year.  Watch how many bad throws and how many times Miller has to slow down for the ball.  I want Miller in the draft next year but I want a QB that can hit our guys in stride and Ferguson cant do that

(10-13-2017, 04:32 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure but he looked damn good in the 2 games I seen agaisnt Fl St and Louisville.  The Memphis QB too

The more I wattch Ferguson, he just doesnt have the arm strength.  Finley is easily my top guy in the 3rd or 4th if Mayfield is gone.  This is just last year.  Watch how many bad throws and how many times Miller has to slow down for the ball.  I want Miller in the draft next year but I want a QB that can hit our guys in stride and Ferguson cant do that

Ryan Finley is probably the best college QB i have seen at the back shoulder throw.  Accurate too

(10-18-2017, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:32 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Yea I really like Riley Ferguson (Memphis QB) as a 3rd/4th rounder.

(10-13-2017, 04:32 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Yea I really like Riley Ferguson (Memphis QB) as a 3rd/4th rounder.

Ryan Finley is probably the best college QB i have seen at the back shoulder throw.  Accurate too

I really like Finley a lot. He wasn't on my radar at all until a few weeks ago. I just don't think he'll be entering the draft though. Hopefully, I'm wrong, because the more options we have, the better.