Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Statistically impossible for us......

To have a losing season after yesterday's win. 

That is all, thanks for reading.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is there a scenario where we go to the playoffs at 8-8 then lose?

(12-04-2017, 08:27 AM)rufftime Wrote: Is there a scenario where we go to the playoffs at 8-8 then lose?

So you're a glass half full kind of guy, then?

Considering even the die hards had us finishing at BEST 7-9, this season is a huge success. We've got great building blocks on both sides of the ball for a continued stretch of good years. I'm happy with how this roster is shaped. If we can nail down consistent QB play, this team can go FAR.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Happy with the direction of the team this year but I’m feeling greedy now. Want the division!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 10:59 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-04-2017, 07:44 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: To have a losing season after yesterday's win. 

You may be TheBigDawg but you have the mind of an MIT Scholar
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIgF3GSQ_cWC12E0HSD9e...jEURJVtehY]

(12-04-2017, 10:33 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Happy with the direction of the team this year but I’m feeling greedy now. Want the division!

This ^!!! I feel like we should this year. This game against Seattle is huge right now!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-04-2017, 10:33 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Happy with the direction of the team this year but I’m feeling greedy now. Want the division!

https://youtu.be/VVxYOQS6ggk?t=38s

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-04-2017, 09:30 AM)NCJag Wrote: Considering even the die hards had us finishing at BEST 7-9, this season is a huge success.  We've got great building blocks on both sides of the ball for a continued stretch of good years.  I'm happy with how this roster is shaped.  If we can nail down consistent QB play, this team can go FAR.

I picked 8-8. If we win next week I'll take the L. Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-04-2017, 09:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 09:30 AM)NCJag Wrote: Considering even the die hards had us finishing at BEST 7-9, this season is a huge success.  We've got great building blocks on both sides of the ball for a continued stretch of good years.  I'm happy with how this roster is shaped.  If we can nail down consistent QB play, this team can go FAR.

I picked 8-8. If we win next week I'll take the L. Smile

I had 7, happy with the L.

I've always said .500 or better.  Looks like it's going to happen.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

What I think is really cool is we are a handful of plays within 3 games away from being a 1/2 loss team.

NYJ - Powell, lack of hustle, game never goes to OT. OR, Lee makes a catch, we kick a FG and win, 9-3.
LAR - 2 Special teams TD given up and an awful punt lead to 3, 17 points that should not have happened, we held their offense in check, 10-2.
ARI - You play for OT, toss up game I think we win in OT if we get there, our defense tightened up in the 2nd half.

Either way, the team is 8-4 and in control of its own destiny, to win the 1st AFCS division title ever and host a home playoff game for the 1st time in almost 20 years. Its a good time to be a Jaguars fan!

(12-04-2017, 07:44 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: To have a losing season after yesterday's win. 

Just think if we could have taken care of the Jets and Cards.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I am very happy to be dead wrong. I was thinking an improvement this year to 6-7 wins.

(12-05-2017, 01:53 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: What I think is really cool is we are a handful of plays within 3 games away from being a 1/2 loss team.

NYJ - Powell, lack of hustle, game never goes to OT. OR, Lee makes a catch, we kick a FG and win, 9-3.
LAR - 2 Special teams TD given up and an awful punt lead to 3, 17 points that should not have happened, we held their offense in check, 10-2.
ARI - You play for OT, toss up game I think we win in OT if we get there, our defense tightened up in the 2nd half.

Either way, the team is 8-4 and in control of its own destiny, to win the 1st AFCS division title ever and host a home playoff game for the 1st time in almost 20 years. Its a good time to be a Jaguars fan!

Crazy to think... That Jets game was the one we should've won the most. I distinctly remember freaking out after the (would've been game winning) Fournette TD catch and then the paralyzing dismay of seeing Benn called for a moronic holding penalty.

My standard was 6 wins. This is way beyond my expectations. Not only the wins, but our potential.

(12-04-2017, 08:27 AM)rufftime Wrote: Is there a scenario where we go to the playoffs at 8-8 then lose?

No, it also is statistically impossible to finish with an even record. We officially clinched a winning record against the Colts.

Losing in the playoffs is another matter I prefer not to think about.

(12-05-2017, 04:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

No, it also is statistically impossible to finish with an even record. We officially clinched a winning record against the Colts.

Wait... what?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(12-05-2017, 04:40 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No, it also is statistically impossible to finish with an even record. We officially clinched a winning record against the Colts.

Wait... what?!

Of course I am just looking ahead here. If you look at numbers alone, 8-8 is possible, but I don't like that. Probability is not just mathematical in my book.

Our team last year didn't even look like they belonged to the NFL, now we are sitting at 8-4