Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you rather face in the 1st round of the playoffs?

(12-08-2017, 09:41 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:05 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: If we have to face the Tacks in Ruond 1, I want that game at home. Let's exact revenge for losing the home game against them in Week 2, which effectively prevented us from controlling our own destiny because they won all the same weeks we did after that. If we have to play two consecutive games in Nashville, it makes asolutely no sense to think "just getting to the playoffs" is good enough. Either way, beating them in the playoffs would be sweet.

Suppose the Tacks get in, but they don't play against us in Round 1. Would you want them to pflay against us in Round 2?

The only way the Jags would get to face the Titans in Round 2 would be if the AFCS winner somehow gets the 1 or 2 seed. Right now,, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen (maybe,, but not probable).

I don't like the prospect of having to face the Titans in week 17 and then again the very next week in the playoffs.  

But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

That would be us. Some people are saying we can get a bye, but nobody is suggesting the same for Tennessee. Now that is saying something.

I also would hate to play against the Tacks two straight weeks, but like many people said, a rematch with the Chargers would be worse.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Things can easily change. But if in the Jaguars position today, the answer to the question would be the Chiefs. No hesitation. They have lost 6 out of their last 7 games. The other teams on the list are getting better.

(12-10-2017, 02:16 AM)D6 Wrote: Things can easily change.  But if in the Jaguars position today, the answer to the question would be the Chiefs. No hesitation. They have lost 6 out of their last 7 games. The other teams on the list are getting better.

I was thinking about that too. I hate rooting for a team in Los Angeles to wins its division, but obviously that is the best case scenario for Jacksonville.

Obviously Bills lets not be stupid here.

(12-10-2017, 03:11 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Obviously Bills lets not be stupid here.

We have a dilemma there. Buffalo is behind Los Angeles, so we want them to win. But a Bills loss today is part of the playoff scenario for us to clinch a spot. Who do we root for next week?

D6 probably based his opinion on the reality that Kansas City is currently in and Buffalo is a long shot.

I amnot worried about mssing the playoffs, want an easier path once in.

Not AFC related, but there is a tweet that Carson Wentz may have torn his ACL.. Ouch!

Eagles fans are horrible though so maybe karma?

1st round? I want to see the Seahawks in the Super Bowl so we can beat them again!

Anybody but the LACs.

Ravens since we beat them so badly in London. Maybe we can beat them badly in Jacksonville.
No pain, no gain.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27486...redictions

Bleacher report has the tacks losing out and missing the playoffs with the Ravens and Bills taking the wildcard spots. (And the Jags winning out.) Interesting to say the least.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

After last night's game, I have to update my response. I want a bye the 1st week and a home game against the pats in the 2nd round. I would love to watch this defense get after Brady.
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Either the winner of the #3 vs #6 or the winner of the #5 vs #4 seed games.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I think a 2 seed is realistic now..

if we get a 3 seed... I'd much rather by a MILE play the ravens over anyone else, including the titans. The titans have an elite O-line and a mobile QB... the ravens have an awful O-line, and a statue QB

we matchup 10x better against the ravens

I want no part of facing the chargers again, absolutely none... In fact if it came to it I wouldnt mind us losing a game to avoid them.. I dont think that will happen but that's how much I dont want to face them

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Looks like if it ended today, we play the Bills at home. Smile

Jags need to win out and the Steelers need to beat the Pats, and we lock up the #2 seed.

I was all for the Jags benching starters at tenn after having the division locked up, but I'd really rather get that first round bye and the second round home game.
“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

ya that bye week would allow us to rest up even more, we are pretty healthy right now but having an extra week could get guys like fournette and our O-line 100%

My question is who would want to face the Jags in the play off?

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 04:32 AM by Gojags.)

It’s kinda tough who to pick.  Ideally if we are 3 seed I want someone who backed into the playoffs and one of the mains options for that is Tennesse( I don’t want to face them twice in a row).  I definitely do not want the Chargers so maybe KC(since they really would back in) Or I’m happy with the bills or dolphins.

Looking way far ahead but would you rather have second rd game vs patriots at home or on road vs steelers.  We killed them earlier and made Ben talk of retiring but we can’t rely On 2 pick 6s again.  I’m still afraid of the Pats  and Brady and like the chances better against The Steelers  at Pittsburgh. 

I don’t live anywhere near Jacksonville anymore  but I do hope all of the local diehard fans who have suffered for a long time and spent a lot of money get to see a Jags home playoff victory even if it’s the first round game.