Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SkeeterRob

(01-13-2018, 12:17 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I used to work with FKC...she was great.
Hard Eight- have you heard from her? I just looked her up and in her last post, 1-14-16, she said that she was very sick and going into Mayo for 3 weeks.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I had to go back to the wayback machine and pull up some names, here are some I used to interact with. I don't think I've seen any of them post in a long time but maybe I've missed a post or two here and there. Bad Impulse was quite the character.

catseye, JagsAmore, Stormy, Tsdjman2k, Arrow Man, Buddhatut, and BadImpulse
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-13-2018, 12:20 PM)PF* Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:17 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I used to work with FKC...she was great.
Hard Eight- have you heard from her? I just looked her up and in her last post, 1-14-16, she said that she was very sick and going into Mayo for 3 weeks.

No and honestly I haven't seen her around the office in probably two years or so. I hope she's doing ok, we had a lot of layoffs and I just kind of assumed that she had been RIFd.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-13-2018, 02:58 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:20 PM)PF* Wrote: Hard Eight- have you heard from her? I just looked her up and in her last post, 1-14-16, she said that she was very sick and going into Mayo for 3 weeks.

No and honestly I haven't seen her around the office in probably two years or so. I hope she's doing ok, we had a lot of layoffs and I just kind of assumed that she had been RIFd.

I hope she's OK, obviously, maybe she'll see this and pop on.

(01-13-2018, 02:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I had to go back to the wayback machine and pull up some names, here are some I used to interact with. I don't think I've seen any of them post in a long time but maybe I've missed a post or two here and there. Bad Impulse was quite the character.

That's some good names there- Catseye kind of disappeared, I remember she had never gone to a Jags game; JagsAmore is a friend of FBT, I believe; Stormy got married, moved to the Carolinas or Virginia and opened up a bed and breakfast called Captain Somebody's Inn or something like that; Tsdjman2K and Buddhatut were both excellent posters who I lost track of; Arrowman...wasn't he long snapper Joe Zelenka's biggest fan?

(01-13-2018, 12:15 PM)PF* Wrote: FloridaKittyCat was another regular here for many years, many will remember her for posting the birthday thread for a long time.

Well, one time she mentioned that she was going to visit her grandmother in New England and wondered on the board where she was going to watch that Sunday' Jags game. Naturally, I jumped in and found out that she was going to be in Southern New Hampshire, IIRC, and had to visit another family member near Salem, Mass.

Well, Salem is where I watch Jaguars game and we suggested she come there. To her credit, she found the place and wandered in- since I had the only Jaguar jersey in NE at the time, she found us easily. A few beers and a million chicken wings later...we were friends for life.

I think FKC got married and I've lost track of her, she was a great board member and contributed a lot.

Hey PF!

Oh the memories... reading through this thread! Also, I can't believe they disbanded the MB!

Tom tipped me off to this post last night when I was out pre-celebrating my birthday and let me tell you, it absolutely made my night! There was no way I was getting anyone to come out and play with me today with the Jags and the Vikings games. Also, we got a really huge kick out of the married thing. Me, married? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! (takes a deep breath) Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Yes, I used to visit my Grammy every year in NH but we moved her down here when she started to decline and unfortunately, she's passed on. It was for the better by the end, evil Alzheimer's... she had no idea who we were and she had no quality of life. I miss her so much. She was the closest thing I had to a mom.

And I came down to Salem just to watch the game with you. Smile  Other than that time I was always at the Lucky Dog in Plymouth NH to watch the games, where the super cool bartender always saved a TV for me, which really ticked off the local college kids. Because let's face it, there's not a lot of Jags fans in NH.

You must send me your info so we don't lose touch again! Do you still have your place in St. Augustine?

Also worked with DAV Sad RIP

You did?

And yes, Dav was awesome. Miss that guy!

(01-13-2018, 03:32 PM)PF* Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:58 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: No and honestly I haven't seen her around the office in probably two years or so. I hope she's doing ok, we had a lot of layoffs and I just kind of assumed that she had been RIFd.

I hope she's OK, obviously, maybe she'll see this and pop on.

Hard Eight - are you Mookie?

I did lose my job but not by choice - in mid 2015, when my short term disability converted to long term disability - you're automatically terminated. I think I cried for a week straight. 18 years down the tubes. Loved my job and my coworkers, and that 7 1/2 weeks of PTO every year was pretty awesome too. Smile

I have been a long time lurker, but infrequent poster. These names have brought back some memories of years past.

One thing I really miss....

The victory triangle. Who use to do this every week? It's one of the things I miss most.
Signature goes here.

(01-13-2018, 03:41 PM)PF* Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I had to go back to the wayback machine and pull up some names, here are some I used to interact with.  I don't think I've seen any of them post in a long time but maybe I've missed a post or two here and there.  Bad Impulse was quite the character.

That's some good names there- Catseye kind of disappeared, I remember she had never gone to a Jags game; JagsAmore is a friend of FBT, I believe; Stormy got married, moved to the Carolinas or Virginia and opened up a bed and breakfast called Captain Somebody's Inn or something like that; Tsdjman2K and Buddhatut were both excellent posters who I lost track of; Arrowman...wasn't he long snapper Joe Zelenka's biggest fan?

I met Arrowman once. He was the guy that used to sit in the SEZ with the arrow pointing up when the Jags were kicking a FG/extra point and to one side or the other when the opponent was. You'd see it on TV once in a while.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-15-2018, 08:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:41 PM)PF* Wrote: That's some good names there- Catseye kind of disappeared, I remember she had never gone to a Jags game; JagsAmore is a friend of FBT, I believe; Stormy got married, moved to the Carolinas or Virginia and opened up a bed and breakfast called Captain Somebody's Inn or something like that; Tsdjman2K and Buddhatut were both excellent posters who I lost track of; Arrowman...wasn't he long snapper Joe Zelenka's biggest fan?

I met Arrowman once. He was the guy that used to sit in the SEZ with the arrow pointing up when the Jags were kicking a FG/extra point and to one side or the other when the opponent was. You'd see it on TV once in a while.

My dad had season tickets right next to him. He was a cool dude and very polite. And yes, he was absolutely a Joey Z fan. 

I see Stormy on a friend's Facebook timeline. She'll comment on something here and there. Especially about politics. Lol.

(01-15-2018, 07:59 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: I have been a long time lurker, but infrequent poster. These names have brought back some memories of years past.

One thing I really miss....

The victory triangle. Who use to do this every week? It's one of the things I miss most.

That was Skeeter, actually.

(01-13-2018, 02:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I had to go back to the wayback machine and pull up some names, here are some I used to interact with.  I don't think I've seen any of them post in a long time but maybe I've missed a post or two here and there.  Bad Impulse was quite the character.

JagsAmore is just a ditz who couldn't remember her password, so she just stopped coming to the board.  Even after I reset it for her, twice, she still couldn't remember, so I gave up.  Her husband is one of my best friends, so I hear from her a lot.  Moved to North Carolina last year.

Tsd is still around, just doesn't hit the board anymore.  Too busy with getting married and starting a new family, having his house damaged by a hurricane, and then having it burn down completely.  They're in the process of rebuilding.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-15-2018, 08:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:41 PM)PF* Wrote: That's some good names there- Catseye kind of disappeared, I remember she had never gone to a Jags game; JagsAmore is a friend of FBT, I believe; Stormy got married, moved to the Carolinas or Virginia and opened up a bed and breakfast called Captain Somebody's Inn or something like that; Tsdjman2K and Buddhatut were both excellent posters who I lost track of; Arrowman...wasn't he long snapper Joe Zelenka's biggest fan?

Arrowman is still doing his thing in the South Endzone, just at a slightly higher altitude after the renovations.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(01-15-2018, 02:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 08:28 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I met Arrowman once. He was the guy that used to sit in the SEZ with the arrow pointing up when the Jags were kicking a FG/extra point and to one side or the other when the opponent was. You'd see it on TV once in a while.

My dad had season tickets right next to him. He was a cool dude and very polite. And yes, he was absolutely a Joey Z fan. 

I see Stormy on a friend's Facebook timeline. She'll comment on something here and there. Especially about politics. Lol.

Was I right about Stormy opening a B/B somewhere or did I mix her up with someone else? I think Stormy was her real name too.

(01-14-2018, 10:08 PM)FloridaKittyCat Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:15 PM)PF* Wrote: FloridaKittyCat was another regular here for many years, many will remember her for posting the birthday thread for a long time.

Well, one time she mentioned that she was going to visit her grandmother in New England and wondered on the board where she was going to watch that Sunday' Jags game. Naturally, I jumped in and found out that she was going to be in Southern New Hampshire, IIRC, and had to visit another family member near Salem, Mass.

Well, Salem is where I watch Jaguars game and we suggested she come there. To her credit, she found the place and wandered in- since I had the only Jaguar jersey in NE at the time, she found us easily. A few beers and a million chicken wings later...we were friends for life.

I think FKC got married and I've lost track of her, she was a great board member and contributed a lot.

Hey PF!

Oh the memories... reading through this thread! Also, I can't believe they disbanded the MB!

Tom tipped me off to this post last night when I was out pre-celebrating my birthday and let me tell you, it absolutely made my night! There was no way I was getting anyone to come out and play with me today with the Jags and the Vikings games. Also, we got a really huge kick out of the married thing. Me, married? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! (takes a deep breath) Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Yes, I used to visit my Grammy every year in NH but we moved her down here when she started to decline and unfortunately, she's passed on. It was for the better by the end, evil Alzheimer's... she had no idea who we were and she had no quality of life. I miss her so much. She was the closest thing I had to a mom.

And I came down to Salem just to watch the game with you. Smile  Other than that time I was always at the Lucky Dog in Plymouth NH to watch the games, where the super cool bartender always saved a TV for me, which really ticked off the local college kids. Because let's face it, there's not a lot of Jags fans in NH.

You must send me your info so we don't lose touch again! Do you still have your place in St. Augustine?

Hi FKC, long time! Yes, still in St. Augustine for maybe 6 months/year now, a month at the Maine house, the rest back home in Massachusetts (I can't lose this weekend- Pats and Jags, how great is that?)

Sorry about the "married" thing, I thought someone had said that. I hope all your health problems are behind you now and your coming onto the board to say hello makes the week all that much more perfect. Smile

(01-14-2018, 11:04 PM)FloridaKittyCat Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:32 PM)PF* Wrote: I hope she's OK, obviously, maybe she'll see this and pop on.

Hard Eight - are you Mookie?

I did lose my job but not by choice - in mid 2015, when my short term disability converted to long term disability - you're automatically terminated. I think I cried for a week straight. 18 years down the tubes. Loved my job and my coworkers, and that 7 1/2 weeks of PTO every year was pretty awesome too. Smile
No, I used to be Mmmm Horsemeat...and a few others over time back when we could change usernames. 

I knew I hadn't seen you around since before the move. That sucks, hope you're doing well!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-15-2018, 07:58 PM)PF* Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 02:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My dad had season tickets right next to him. He was a cool dude and very polite. And yes, he was absolutely a Joey Z fan. 

Was I right about Stormy opening a B/B somewhere or did I mix her up with someone else? I think Stormy was her real name too.

I think you are right about that. Some of the stuff she's said on our mutual friend's FB page leads me to believe this is the case. I'll have to check that out now. I never friended her because the people I am friends with there are people I'm actually friends with (and family) IRL.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2018, 01:01 PM by Perkolater.)

(01-15-2018, 07:58 PM)PF* Wrote: Was I right about Stormy opening a B/B somewhere or did I mix her up with someone else? I think Stormy was her real name too.

You are correct on both counts. I'm not comfortable giving out any information without her permission but I will send her a message to see if she'll stop by.

Stormy married a former White House chef and they did open a bed and breakfast with a museum attached for the culinary history at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.