Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
who's gone next year?

Is no one going to mention Malick Jackson / Marcel Darius?

One of these guys will be gone, we can't keep both.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If it comes down to a choice between Lee and Hurns, i hope they keep Lee.  More upside and Hurns is one concussion away from retirement.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM by Etdavis2006.)

(01-23-2018, 10:37 AM)KingJones Wrote: Is no one going to mention Malick Jackson / Marcel Darius?

No we have like 26 million in cap space with both on the roster. 

We won’t cut to high end talent guys with solid deal. We are gonna cut the ivory’s and Hurns’ of the roster to free up more space.

I know folks like to predict this stuff, but I honestly want this roster to stay as intact as possible.

Even the positions I'd like to see upgraded would benefit by the current starter being a back-up or rotational player (unless their salary is too large.)

(01-23-2018, 10:37 AM)KingJones Wrote: Is no one going to mention Malick Jackson / Marcel Darius?

In 2018, I think we can keep both.

Beyond that, perhaps not.

Dareus played well, especially in the playoffs.

The run defense improved with him in the lineup.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 12:09 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I would hate to lose Hurns but he’s gotta redo that contract. I don’t see them paying him 7 million. Ivory is gone. I would like to have Lee back but he’s proly gone too. Poz will be back on a small deal. Same for Lewis.

Re-sign Robinson to an deal with escalators

Go in cheap free agency to get a guard or two for competition.

In the draft: we need to address oline either in the first or second. We gotta get a Tyreek Hill/Alvin Kamara style player to pair with Robinson/Westbrook/Cole/Fournette. The beautiful thing is that those guys can be found in the third fourth and fifth rounds. Kamara was a third rounder and was second team all pro. Hill is a fifth rounder. Then get a TE. Again Kelce was a third rounder. Get all three of you can lol. It’s time to get really fast on offense

This team is really set up to basically dump the whole draft on the offensive side of the ball. The defense is stacked so I would even go defense until the sixth round. We’ll have a sixth and 2 or 3 sevethns. Maybe turn that into a 5th round lb and take a cb in the seventh for depth and development.

UFA include:
Henne...he's gone for a challenger to Blake or developmental rookie.
Colvin...he will not be affordable, unfortunately.
Poz...would not be surprised to see him brought back with cheap deal.
ARob...afford $16m needed to franchise him? I see a long term deal w/low 1st year cap.
Lee...he'll be signed elsewhere more than Jags will want to pay.
McCray...vet minimum guy to remain for special teams value.
Omameh...re-sign him for minimum amount, and replace/upgrade Cann.
Thompson...vet minimum guy to remain for special teams value.

Poz: Liability in pass coverage; warrior
Henne: No loss
Lee: Westbrook/Robinson/Hurns
Colvin: Take starting CB $$$

In reality, the core of this team will remain in place for a long time. The D will only lose Poz and Colvin. The O needs a dramatic upgrade on the OL and TE.

*Saw someone mention Nortman. IMO, he was very disappointing in the playoffs.

(01-22-2018, 12:48 AM)wg171 Wrote: (No sarcasm)

How many years has ARob put up #1 WR numbers??
Only 2015?

The only issue with letting him go this year is we won't get much compensation for it, cause it won't be a huge deal. But if we keep him another year and he bounces back, we might still lose him but we could get a 3rd at that point.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Please get rid of Nortman. I am so tired of watching the other team punt from their 30 to our 15 and then we punt from our 28 to their 42

I think we should push hard to keep ARob, but with limited cap-space we can’t assume anything.

If we offer him a cheap one-year deal there will be a team out there willing to pay more.

I still think we bring Arob back, and franchise him if need be. 

The only other guy I see back is Peyton Thompson.

(01-23-2018, 05:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I still think we bring Arob back, and franchise him if need be. 

Why not Omameh?

(01-23-2018, 06:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 05:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I still think we bring Arob back, and franchise him if need be. 

Why not Omameh?

I think he’s borderline but I feel like he’ll get more money elsewhere and the front office will plan on bringing in younger cheaper talent via the draft. 

Also, if you believe in GM family tree type stuff, I’m not sure Caldwell will be in favor of paying Guards.

I think the majority of the defense stays in tact. Poz and colvin are the big question marks. Everyone else I think is staying put. Offense is a whole nother ball game though. We could see a lot of change on that side of the ball. And it might be needed.... Possible qb change, o line changes, WR and TE changes. Could look a lot different next year.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(01-23-2018, 06:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 06:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why not Omameh?

I think he’s borderline but I feel like he’ll get more money elsewhere and the front office will plan on bringing in younger cheaper talent via the draft. 

Also, if you believe in GM family tree type stuff, I’m not sure Caldwell will be in favor of paying Guards.

Though I think Omameh could be upgraded, I think he has more value to us than he would to another team.

If another team pays top dollar too him, they will have overpaid.

forgot about Nortman, yeah, I hope they don't bring him back. Too many punts with bad hang time or not enough distance. Not opposed to drafting one 5-7 round, guy from Texas and Florida are really good

surprised to see Marcedes mentioned so much. He should no longer be the #1 TE, but he is such a good blocker and red zone threat he'd made an ideal TE 2.

I would love to see Poz return. You can't replace that type of leadership.

Colvin should get paid in free agency.

I don't think that Lee returns and Keelan Cole takes his spot.

Omameh put some good tape out this year and could possibly leave via FA.

My gut says Marcedes comes back on a cap friendly deal.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(01-22-2018, 12:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really wanna keep Colvin. He's made some big plays. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I'd like to get a more athletic LB than Poz, but he does rack up a lot of tackles, so if the price is right, I'd consider bringing him back, but he wouldn't be guaranteed to start. I'm also not so sure Brown is ready to start in his place. Omameh is a maybe for me. It all depends on the price and I would not guarantee him a starting spot. Other than that, I'd let the rest of them walk.

(01-22-2018, 12:26 AM)BuffaloRush Wrote: You can definitely upgrade from Poz

True, but it would have to be via the draft or free agency. From what I've seen of Brown, I don't believe he's ready to start.
Lol, we find our kicker, FB, and our punt returner and you want them to walk.  What a joke

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 12:39 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Darius will be restructuring next season or he won't be with us at that point. Hopefully he likes winning enough to do that.

Also agree that Lewis will be back on a low dollar deal. He already restructured for us before, so I am certain he wants to be a jaguar if possible. And the guy still blocks like a beast. As someone already posted, he is an ideal #2 TE.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.