Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Are Pats Fans Still Here?

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 06:41 AM by jachba.)

(01-22-2018, 11:05 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Another thing to think about is had the Jags won, do you think we'd be all up in the Pats messageboard gloating? Or would beers be flowing and would we be celebrating here in our own house?

That's really the question I was asking of Patriot fans when I started this thread: why would you want to come onto this board and either gloat or getting into arguments with those who felt that the officiating was questionable at best? Wouldn't you rather be celebrating on your own board with other fans of your team? 

All I know is that if the Chargers had gotten into the playoffs and had beaten the Jags, I might have come onto your board to say something positive about your team but I sure would not have come here to troll you guys or pick fights. 

The Patriots fans who have come back here after the game are fortunate that the moderators are fairly tolerant of some of the stuff that has been posted. I have been on numerous other boards and many moderators (including those on our board) take a much harder line on anything that even remotely resembles trolling by visiting fans after a loss by their team. There have been some posts by Pats fans since the game ended that on our board that would have gotten the posters an immediate ban. 

The attitude of moderators on some other boards is that if you're a fan of another team, your being allowed to post on their board is a privilege and not a right so tread very carefully.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Doesn't bother me that Pats fans are here arguing about the officiating....It actually validates the argument(as well as the numerous fans of other teams arguing the point) that the Jags were in fact a victim of bad officiating.

(01-22-2018, 11:59 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 10:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Having fans of the winning team come here to gloat is only fair. However, I question the character of someone who feels compelled to do so for a team which is dynastic and foreordained to win. Perhaps Patriot fandom is the only bright spot in their lives. If this helps them cope with the only success they know, then I'll play along.

LOL   HaHa, nice try.  

But, not even close!

We're here for ya, buddy.

We are here because last week, before the game was played, all I heard was how "Sacksonville" was going to make Brady cry and how they were going to kill him and how you guys could not wait until the game. Also, I had been told to make sure that I came back AFTER the game..... I'm just doing my part. I would've come back win or lose. That's all my friends. It was a good game and the Jags aren't to be messed around with. That defense is crazy good and Blake Bortles impressed me. Like someone else said earlier, your team has nothing to be ashamed of, they dominated the Patriots for most of the game. Tom Brady will be Tom Brady until he retires, we've heard all the same things when he did it to other teams as well. Either he cheated, Bill cheated, the refs love us but the NFL hates us, etc, etc.....

My first post here after the game was congratulating your team and I was immediately called a prick and trying to be condescending when nothing in my post was that. Too many people are in their feelings so no matter how much credit we give the Jags, it will be mostly taken as us being snarky and leaving condescending undertones. Like really, your team is VERY good and will be here for years to come. It should be fun.

(01-23-2018, 08:54 AM)Boston_Prince Wrote: We are here because last week, before the game was played, all I heard was how "Sacksonville" was going to make Brady cry and how they were going to kill him and how you guys could not wait until the game. Also, I had been told to make sure that I came back AFTER the game..... I'm just doing my part. I would've come back win or lose. That's all my friends. It was a good game and the Jags aren't to be messed around with. That defense is crazy good and Blake Bortles impressed me. Like someone else said earlier, your team has nothing to be ashamed of, they dominated the Patriots for most of the game. Tom Brady will be Tom Brady until he retires, we've heard all the same things when he did it to other teams as well. Either he cheated, Bill cheated, the refs love us but the NFL hates us, etc, etc.....

My first post here after the game was congratulating your team and I was immediately called a prick and trying to be condescending when nothing in my post was that. Too many people are in their feelings so no matter how much credit we give the Jags, it will be mostly taken as us being snarky and leaving condescending undertones. Like really, your team is VERY good and will be here for years to come. It should be fun.

Nobody cares.

Go Eagles.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 09:19 AM by Boston_Prince.)

(01-23-2018, 09:12 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 08:54 AM)Boston_Prince Wrote: We are here because last week, before the game was played, all I heard was how "Sacksonville" was going to make Brady cry and how they were going to kill him and how you guys could not wait until the game. Also, I had been told to make sure that I came back AFTER the game..... I'm just doing my part. I would've come back win or lose. That's all my friends. It was a good game and the Jags aren't to be messed around with. That defense is crazy good and Blake Bortles impressed me. Like someone else said earlier, your team has nothing to be ashamed of, they dominated the Patriots for most of the game. Tom Brady will be Tom Brady until he retires, we've heard all the same things when he did it to other teams as well. Either he cheated, Bill cheated, the refs love us but the NFL hates us, etc, etc.....

Nobody cares.

Go Eagles.

Hahah, that's why this thread was created, right? 
Don't be mad, be glad. DDDUUUVVAAALLLLLL

(01-23-2018, 12:18 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: The officiating was questionable and as I stated before it plays into perceptions that the big teams are favored by the league. That said, I actually agree with the Pats poster above about bad officiating being not just isolated to our team. It’s been a league wide problem and it doesn’t necessarily have to be true, but as long as the perception is there that the officiating is influencing outcomes, I think that is the major reason the ratings have declined this year, more than other reasons. And I have stated before and I’ll state it again; the ratings will be lower this year for the Super Bowl than last years. How much they fall I don’t know. The divisional round this year fell in ratings and there were three close games. I’m interested in seeing the championship game ratings. ESPN and other outlets barely reported the divisional ratings drops, but the league has a problem on its hands.

For the record I agree, unless you’re here to actually constructively discuss things, instead of basically taunting, then why are you here?

If you saw the explosion of registrations we’ve had here since the game ended (almost exclusively Pat trolls), you’d be shocked.  It shows how spineless some of these trolls were and how nervous they were to face this team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-22-2018, 10:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Patriots fans (as well as fans of other teams) will always be welcome on this board as long as they adhere to board rules.  Discussion regarding the officiating of the game is valid discussion, like it or not.

He was questioning the mods. He was questioning the appeal to the fan of another team to stick around and gloat over a win for more than a day. It is a pretty valid question, which is why I clicked on the thread. I am not the gloating type but I figure that if I were it would probably get boring after a day. I live in Atlanta and work with people that are fans of many different teams. Every last one of them talked about how good the Jags looked despite the loss and how they were surprised the Jags didn't get a couple calls. The Patriots fan went on and about how we are a dirty team due to the hit on Gronk and his claim that we were hitting Brady late. Like I said to a Pats fan in another post. I have yet to meet a classy one.

(01-23-2018, 09:19 AM)Boston_Prince Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:12 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Nobody cares.

Go Eagles.

Hahah, that's why this thread was created, right? 
Don't be mad, be glad.  DDDUUUVVAAALLLLLL

No arguments. You’re right. Thanks for the kind words. We should be counting our blessings rather than lingering on our loss. We’ve come a long way in one season and need some time to put it all into perspective. We have a solid foundation to build on and I hope we keep the momentum moving forward. Plus, we get to meet up with you stinkin’ Pats next season. :p

It's gotta suck for their fans to get to the Superbowl this way.

Has to be the most unsatisfying path to the Superbowl, out of of all their trips there since '02

Not even cleverest troll response on any messageboard, even if they got the last word in, will wipe out that crummy feeling of winning with some ref help

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 09:45 AM by Boston_Prince.)

(01-23-2018, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:19 AM)Boston_Prince Wrote: Hahah, that's why this thread was created, right? 
Don't be mad, be glad.  DDDUUUVVAAALLLLLL

No arguments. You’re right. Thanks for the kind words. We should be counting our blessings rather than lingering on our loss. We’ve come a long way in one season and need some time to put it all into perspective. We have a solid foundation to build on and I hope we keep the momentum moving forward. Plus, we get to meet up with you stinkin’ Pats next season. :p

Sure will. You r division wont be a cakewalk with Luck and Deshawn returning either. Titans already swept your team so one game at a time bud.

(01-23-2018, 09:40 AM)jaglyn Wrote: It's gotta suck for their fans to get to the Superbowl this way.

Has to be the most unsatisfying path to the Superbowl, out of of all their trips there since '02

Not even cleverest troll response on any messageboard, even if they got the last word in, will wipe out that crummy feeling of winning with some ref help

I can taste your tears. Just like Brady made your whole team cry on the sidelines Sunday. All that smack talk just to see them .... crying when it was over. Feels bad man.

One thing about it....so many people watched this game and if they had any doubts about the ref bias
that was rumored in past games of the cheatriots.....those were gone after seeing it at this game.

So...cry all you want cheatriot fans......you all were exposed for all to see.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-23-2018, 09:43 AM)Boston_Prince Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No arguments. You’re right. Thanks for the kind words. We should be counting our blessings rather than lingering on our loss. We’ve come a long way in one season and need some time to put it all into perspective. We have a solid foundation to build on and I hope we keep the momentum moving forward. Plus, we get to meet up with you stinkin’ Pats next season. :p

Sure will. You r division wont be a cakewalk with Luck and Deshawn returning either. Titans already swept your team so one game at a time bud.

(01-23-2018, 09:40 AM)jaglyn Wrote: It's gotta suck for their fans to get to the Superbowl this way.

I can taste your tears. Just like Brady made your whole team cry on the sidelines Sunday. All that smack talk just to see them .... crying when it was over. Feels bad man.

I think he Jags have a good team right now.  Unfortunately a lot of their fans don't seem to understand that in the cap era, keeping that nucleus is next to impossible, so who knows what tomorrow brings!

The brash loudmouth Jalen.....if he reflects the team's attitude, they are in trouble already.  That dude didn't cry....hell, he wasn't even embarrassed after making all those pre-game boasts and predictions, disrespecting his opponent.....and said at his presser that "there was nothing to learn by t   hat loss...."   LOL  22 years old, and he has all the answers!   Dumb kid doesn't realize, he hasn't even heard all the questions yet, so he sure as hades doesn't have all the answers!

That kind of attitude will get a team relegated to the "almost made it" section in next year's standings!

Late into January and the cheats still receiving gifts. Is a victory obtained by gifts not satisfying enough that you chumps feel the need to be over here gloating and actually acting like your team really won the game on talent? Everyone in the world that watched the game knows different. EVERYONE.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Pats and Steelers fans are one in the same. Arrogant [BLEEP].

(01-23-2018, 12:37 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 12:18 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: The officiating was questionable and as I stated before it plays into perceptions that the big teams are favored by the league. That said, I actually agree with the Pats poster above about bad officiating being not just isolated to our team. It’s been a league wide problem and it doesn’t necessarily have to be true, but as long as the perception is there that the officiating is influencing outcomes, I think that is the major reason the ratings have declined this year, more than other reasons. And I have stated before and I’ll state it again; the ratings will be lower this year for the Super Bowl than last years. How much they fall I don’t know. The divisional round this year fell in ratings and there were three close games. I’m interested in seeing the championship game ratings. ESPN and other outlets barely reported the divisional ratings drops, but the league has a problem on its hands.

For the record I agree, unless you’re here to actually constructively discuss things, instead of basically taunting, then why are you here?
I agree with all of this. I think the refs were awful but they were not the entire reason for the loss, nor do I believe they were purposely bias to the pats. Some of our play calling was as suspect as the refs. They called a terrible game and we coached a equally awful one. The pats just happened to be the beneficiary. As for the pats fans, the ones calling their team "far more disciplined" and continuously gloating that we are wrong for thinking some of the things looked disproportionately tipped in their favor are really the only things pissing me off. That's fine that they think that way, but feeling the need to argue on other MB's just because you get a kick out of watching other fans who are upset, is sort of pathetic.Their ridiculous condescension is really on display from quite a few. 

I honestly pulled for the pats in most of their sb's. But After seeing the [BLEEP] bags who showed up on this board after their win, never again will I give that [BLEEP] show respect. I understand that means nothing to most of their classless fans, but that is the way it is.

If you hate Pats fans..... you should get to know Eagles fans.

(01-23-2018, 10:36 AM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:43 AM)Boston_Prince Wrote: Sure will. You r division wont be a cakewalk with Luck and Deshawn returning either. Titans already swept your team so one game at a time bud.

I think he Jags have a good team right now.  Unfortunately a lot of their fans don't seem to understand that in the cap era, keeping that nucleus is next to impossible, so who knows what tomorrow brings!

The brash loudmouth Jalen.....if he reflects the team's attitude, they are in trouble already.  That dude didn't cry....hell, he wasn't even embarrassed after making all those pre-game boasts and predictions, disrespecting his opponent.....and said at his presser that "there was nothing to learn by t   hat loss...."   LOL  22 years old, and he has all the answers!   Dumb kid doesn't realize, he hasn't even heard all the questions yet, so he sure as hades doesn't have all the answers!

That kind of attitude will get a team relegated to the "almost made it" section in next year's standings!

What an arrogant prick.  I can't wait to see the whining coming out of New England after your one-man show is gone.  And it's coming soon.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Someone else made this point in another thread, but their need to come try to defend the officiating saying it wasn't biased just shows you that deep down they know they got favorable calls and want to prove otherwise to justify their victory. Nobody wants to be given a victory. They want to have earned it. Now obviously we don't know what would have happened had they allowed Jack to return that fumble for a TD or if they had decided to call pass interference more evenly. Patriots could have still won. But in a one score game, if the refs are tipping the scales in either direction, that can easily sway an outcome. And it may have here. And it was obvious to everyone who was watching. And it sucks to be the fan of a team that got outplayed for the majority of the game and possibly won due to favorable treatment from the refs. Taints the victory and makes it less enjoyable. And they know it or else they wouldnt be here. It's okay. The better team doesnt always win.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 11:09 AM by SamusAranX.)

(01-23-2018, 09:22 AM)FBT Wrote:

If you saw the explosion of registrations we’ve had here since the game ended (almost exclusively Pat trolls), you’d be shocked.  It shows how spineless some of these trolls were and how nervous they were to face this team.

It’s more of an insecurity thing; if they’re so confident they’re the better team, they won fair and square, etc then why are you coming to the opposing teams board for validation? Anyone with half a brain knows they won’t find it here. Yeah, we have some out there thinking that the Illuminati, Belichick, and the NFL rigged this game with an evil mind control potion on the refs, but the majority here have acknowledged that yes, officiating may have sucked, but at the end of the day our team had to overcome it and play to the wire and they came up short. and overall, the team has to share its blame for failing to win. As I stated, I don’t mind intelligent conversation, but some of the posts from opposing fans haven’t exactly distinguished themselves

(01-23-2018, 11:08 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 09:22 AM)FBT Wrote: If you saw the explosion of registrations we’ve had here since the game ended (almost exclusively Pat trolls), you’d be shocked.  It shows how spineless some of these trolls were and how nervous they were to face this team.

It’s more of an insecurity thing; if they’re so confident they’re the better team, they won fair and square, etc then why are you coming to the opposing teams board for validation? Anyone with half a brain knows they won’t find it here. Yeah, we have some out there thinking that the Illuminati, Belichick, and the NFL rigged this game with an evil mind control potion on the refs, but the majority here have acknowledged that yes, officiating may have sucked, but at the end of the day our team had to overcome it and play to the wire and they came up short. and overall, the team has to share its blame for failing to win. As I stated, I don’t mind intelligent conversation, but some of the posts from opposing fans haven’t exactly distinguished themselves

Well put.  ^