Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Are Pats Fans Still Here?

I don't know if this is an appropriate topic for discussion on this board, but why are you Patriots fans still posting on this board and arguing with Jags fans more than 24 hours after the  game? I could understand if you were congratulating the Jags' effort or had sometime positive to say about the team, but to get into foolish arguments about the officiating? So what if they think that the officials were biased against them and affected the outcome? It's their board and their business, not yours. 

Your actions not only come across as rubbing salt into their wounds but also come across as classless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They have to defend their 12th man. Aka the refs.

And insist that the league is out to get them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Pats fans are in denial. They know the refs hosed us and basically gave them the game, but feel the need to come here and act like Brady and company played a flawless game and overcame adversity on their own accord. Now they can change into their Tom Brady onesies and sleep peacefully.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(01-22-2018, 09:19 PM)temporaryname Wrote: Pats fans are in denial. They know the refs hosed us and basically gave them the game, but feel the need to come here and  act like Brady and company played a flawless game and overcame adversity on their own accord. Now they can change into their Tom Brady onesies and sleep peacefully.

I was told at work today, the hit on Gronk was cheap. That is why they are the best team in the league, because they don't need to take cheap, and dirty shots. 

So I bring up Buffalo,  to which the reply was "He had his hands on him with the ball in the air, he deserved it.". Ah the joy of living in Patriots country!

And they can't understand why there is so much hate!

(01-22-2018, 09:33 PM)atburg Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 09:19 PM)temporaryname Wrote: Pats fans are in denial. They know the refs hosed us and basically gave them the game, but feel the need to come here and  act like Brady and company played a flawless game and overcame adversity on their own accord. Now they can change into their Tom Brady onesies and sleep peacefully.

I was told at work today, the hit on Gronk was cheap. That is why they are the best team in the league, because they don't need to take cheap, and dirty shots. 

So I bring up Buffalo,  to which the reply was "He had his hands on him with the ball in the air, he deserved it.". Ah the joy of living in Patriots country!

And they can't understand why there is so much hate!

That is some deep irony.

Its all over the internet. Its a shame that other teams work hard, study film, practice and all for nothing. All that hard is useless when you have an organization that will kill their own parents to win a game.

Cause they have to defend the refs cheating the jags. It was crazy at work today. I’m here in Texas and my coworkers came up to me ready to talk about the. I started talking scheme and Bortles play and all they could say is the refs straight cheated. “Man that call of Bouye was bs” (wow you said his name right lol)

The entire world is complaining about the refs for us and most likely will continue for the next few weeks lol

Patriots fans (as well as fans of other teams) will always be welcome on this board as long as they adhere to board rules.  Discussion regarding the officiating of the game is valid discussion, like it or not.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Having fans of the winning team come here to gloat is only fair. However, I question the character of someone who feels compelled to do so for a team which is dynastic and foreordained to win. Perhaps Patriot fandom is the only bright spot in their lives. If this helps them cope with the only success they know, then I'll play along.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 11:06 PM by jaglyn.)

Another thing to think about is had the Jags won, do you think we'd be all up in the Pats messageboard gloating? Or would beers be flowing and would we be celebrating here in our own house?

(01-22-2018, 09:13 PM)jachba Wrote: I don't know if this is an appropriate topic for discussion on this board, but why are you Patriots fans still posting on this board and arguing with Jags fans more than 24 hours after the  game? I could understand if you were congratulating the Jags' effort or had sometime positive to say about the team, but to get into foolish arguments about the officiating? So what if they think that the officials were biased against them and affected the outcome? It's their board and their business, not yours. 

Your actions not only come across as rubbing salt into their wounds but also come across as classless.

They are here to show their gratitude for the bad calls we made and the non-calls the refs made. Otherwise, they knew they were beat and got away with (another) one.
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]

I hope one or two of them stay around and contribute regularly as long as the discussion remains objective and friendly. We have a few great contributors here that are fans of other teams. Unfortunately the refs were more a part of the game than I would have liked to have seen, but the Jags didn't lose primarily because of the refs. We were in position to have a game winning drive and we didn't make it happen. We could have stopped them on 3rd and 18 earlier and it didn't happen. I think if Pats fans realized that the refs appeared biased in their favor and accepted it and admitted it and Jags fans accepted that the Jags still were in position to win the game late and didn't execute and accepted that as the primary reason for the loss that we could probably have some good football conversations with these new members going forward assuming they stick around beyond this week.

(01-22-2018, 10:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Patriots fans (as well as fans of other teams) will always be welcome on this board as long as they adhere to board rules.  Discussion regarding the officiating of the game is valid discussion, like it or not.

Is there like a bat-signal for JW?

She could probably keep the Pats fans occupied all by herself

HaHa....  I'm not sure why Pats' fans are hanging around......   but this and other comments like this, might hold a few clues!   LOL

Bwaaahhhh   Bwwwahhhh

(01-22-2018, 11:17 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I hope one or two of them stay around and contribute regularly as long as the discussion remains objective and friendly.  We have a few great contributors here that are fans of other teams.  Unfortunately the refs were more a part of the game than I would have liked to have seen, but the Jags didn't lose primarily because of the refs.  We were in position to have a game winning drive and we didn't make it happen.  We could have stopped them on 3rd and 18 earlier and it didn't happen.  I think if Pats fans realized that the refs appeared biased in their favor and accepted it and admitted it and Jags fans accepted that the Jags still were in position to win the game late and didn't execute and accepted that as the primary reason for the loss that we could probably have some good football conversations with these new members going forward assuming they stick around beyond this week.

Great post, meister. 

I would gladly accept and admit to a ref bias if I believed that was true....but I don't.   So I can't.  I also can't but help scoff at some of the members here who do. 

I also don't think an "appearance" of that bias existed.  To wit, in another thread I pointed out that in the Pats' 3-point loss to the Panthers in Week 4, the penalty situation played out as follows....   Panthers - 1 penalty for 33 yards, and the Pats were flagged for 7 penalties for 55 yards.   Of those 7, one Panther drive, in the 4th quarter, included a hands to the face on Gilmore and NEGATED a 12 yard sack by NE, keeping the drive allowed and resulting in a TD for Carolina!  I think another Carolina scoring drive was also kept alive by another flag against NE!  BTW....the penalty on Gilmore, the SECOND time he was flagged that game for the same offense, WAS a foul and deserved to be called.  I don't recall any Patriot fans jumping up and down over the disparity in calls that game, and no one was openly suggesting that there was League a conspiracy against NE!

Again, good post, with the above exception.

(01-22-2018, 10:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Having fans of the winning team come here to gloat is only fair. However, I question the character of someone who feels compelled to do so for a team which is dynastic and foreordained to win. Perhaps Patriot fandom is the only bright spot in their lives. If this helps them cope with the only success they know, then I'll play along.

LOL   HaHa, nice try.  

But, not even close!

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 12:22 AM by SamusAranX.)

The officiating was questionable and as I stated before it plays into perceptions that the big teams are favored by the league. That said, I actually agree with the Pats poster above about bad officiating being not just isolated to our team. It’s been a league wide problem and it doesn’t necessarily have to be true, but as long as the perception is there that the officiating is influencing outcomes, I think that is the major reason the ratings have declined this year, more than other reasons. And I have stated before and I’ll state it again; the ratings will be lower this year for the Super Bowl than last years. How much they fall I don’t know. The divisional round this year fell in ratings and there were three close games. I’m interested in seeing the championship game ratings. ESPN and other outlets barely reported the divisional ratings drops, but the league has a problem on its hands.

For the record I agree, unless you’re here to actually constructively discuss things, instead of basically taunting, then why are you here?

(01-22-2018, 11:53 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 11:17 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I hope one or two of them stay around and contribute regularly as long as the discussion remains objective and friendly.  We have a few great contributors here that are fans of other teams.  Unfortunately the refs were more a part of the game than I would have liked to have seen, but the Jags didn't lose primarily because of the refs.  We were in position to have a game winning drive and we didn't make it happen.  We could have stopped them on 3rd and 18 earlier and it didn't happen.  I think if Pats fans realized that the refs appeared biased in their favor and accepted it and admitted it and Jags fans accepted that the Jags still were in position to win the game late and didn't execute and accepted that as the primary reason for the loss that we could probably have some good football conversations with these new members going forward assuming they stick around beyond this week.

Great post, meister. 

I would gladly accept and admit to a ref bias if I believed that was true....but I don't.   So I can't.  I also can't but help scoff at some of the members here who do. 

I also don't think an "appearance" of that bias existed.  To wit, in another thread I pointed out that in the Pats' 3-point loss to the Panthers in Week 4, the penalty situation played out as follows....   Panthers - 1 penalty for 33 yards, and the Pats were flagged for 7 penalties for 55 yards.   Of those 7, one Panther drive, in the 4th quarter, included a hands to the face on Gilmore and NEGATED a 12 yard sack by NE, keeping the drive allowed and resulting in a TD for Carolina!  I think another Carolina scoring drive was also kept alive by another flag against NE!  BTW....the penalty on Gilmore, the SECOND time he was flagged that game for the same offense, WAS a foul and deserved to be called.  I don't recall any Patriot fans jumping up and down over the disparity in calls that game, and no one was openly suggesting that there was League a conspiracy against NE!

Again, good post, with the above exception.

You appear hung up on the narrative that some others champion that the Pats always get the calls in every game.  I'm not arguing for or against that with you, nor do I care about that.  I'm talking about one game where several questionable (and that's being generous) calls went against your opponent and only 1 flag was thrown against the home team all game.  The game was not officiated in an even manner.  And this is coming from a guy who is not the "rah rah home team is always right and always gets screwed" type.  I'm not even suggesting there was a conspiracy, maybe there is something much more mundane like the refs just get star struck sometimes or maybe it was just random chance that the bad calls/no calls happened against one team.  

I'm probably gonna go back and re-watch the game and coaches tape on gamepass at some point, so I'll pay closer attention and see if the Jags got away with anything blatant like what was apparent to me the Pats did during the game and has since been posted to social media ad nauseum regarding the bad calls/missed calls that went against the Jags.

That being said, the Jaguars defense simply cannot give up 3rd and 18.  Kneeling with 55 seconds and 2 timeouts was playing scared and that mindset carried over to the 2nd half at least from the coaches stand point as the play calling on both offense and defense got conservative and predictable.  You think the Jags would like that 55 second possession back at the end of the game?  The defense which was probably the top unit as a whole in the league couldn't stop the Pats offense and Brady when it mattered most.  Those were the primary reasons that a game we had in hand and should have won was instead lost.  The Jags weren't ready, but I'm confident they'll get more shots at this in the coming years.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2018, 12:42 AM by JagsorDie.)

(01-23-2018, 12:18 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: The officiating was questionable and as I stated before it plays into perceptions that the big teams are favored by the league. That said, I actually agree with the Pats poster above about bad officiating being not just isolated to our team. It’s been a league wide problem and it doesn’t necessarily have to be true, but as long as the perception is there that the officiating is influencing outcomes, I think that is the major reason the ratings have declined this year, more than other reasons. And I have stated before and I’ll state it again; the ratings will be lower this year for the Super Bowl than last years. How much they fall I don’t know. The divisional round this year fell in ratings and there were three close games. I’m interested in seeing the championship game ratings. ESPN and other outlets barely reported the divisional ratings drops, but the league has a problem on its hands.

For the record I agree, unless you’re here to actually constructively discuss things, instead of basically taunting, then why are you here?
I agree with all of this. I think the refs were awful but they were not the entire reason for the loss, nor do I believe they were purposely bias to the pats. Some of our play calling was as suspect as the refs. They called a terrible game and we coached a equally awful one. The pats just happened to be the beneficiary. As for the pats fans, the ones calling their team "far more disciplined" and continuously gloating that we are wrong for thinking some of the things looked disproportionately tipped in their favor are really the only things pissing me off. That's fine that they think that way, but feeling the need to argue on other MB's just because you get a kick out of watching other fans who are upset, is sort of pathetic.Their ridiculous condescension is really on display from quite a few. 

I honestly pulled for the pats in most of their sb's. But After seeing the [BLEEP] bags who showed up on this board after their win, never again will I give that [BLEEP] show respect. I understand that means nothing to most of their classless fans, but that is the way it is.